( search forums )
HACKERS! Hackers hackers hackers! Gawd!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
cat92
April 24, 2004, 2:10 am
Yeeeesh, this might not be new, but last night I had the plasure of seeing people capable of turning invisible, invinsible, and more than capable of flying through WALLS. [xx(]

Now, I still had a good time, but there were a lot of folk bitching and complaining left and right! The game ceases to be fun when people start arguing and just kinda stand there.

Suuure, it makes for good target practice. But its relaly not very good.

Cookie.
April 24, 2004, 3:04 am
invisible maybe predator mode
going through walls lag and conect problems maybe

kevith
April 24, 2004, 3:28 am
There is a cheat being used where people can walk through the walls. There's been at least 2 threads about it in the last week or so.

T.J.FoRd
April 24, 2004, 5:17 am
ya its like 1.1.4 all over again

DrocK
April 24, 2004, 6:05 am
sigh yes thats true i seen ppl do it, i was gonna post this [:-censored] the other day but i was too lazy, there are some 1.2 hackers already... god damn n00bs, i saw this on my cousins soldat while he was playing in a public server.. so i make myself a favor and not play publi servers anymore [:D]

Element_101
April 24, 2004, 9:31 am
As DNA says dont give them publicity, dont post about them or anything like that

Hitman
April 24, 2004, 1:26 pm
Yep, PM Styx, or try and contact the servers Admin.

Hova
April 24, 2004, 3:49 pm
I remember one time that one of the admins for a room was the 'hacker' XD

BManx2000
April 24, 2004, 7:36 pm
Ever heard of flame god and predator?

Subslider
April 24, 2004, 8:58 pm
and that moveing tru the walls thingy.. i think i can explain that.. it happens to me very often when i join an server..=/ when you connect to an server thats just has gone switching maps and you join just before of the switch or in the middle of it you are seeing the "old" map they played and your seeing the players but cuz it has diff. Grounds and stuff and there walking flying around on that is normal view to them but cuz you have another map it looks 2 you as if they were flying.. and a couple of seconds after that you useally get an "Wrong map" error..
(not always!)..

wow..kinda long post but i i said what i wanted 2..:P

Sub

Drama
April 24, 2004, 10:45 pm
True Sublslider, even sometimes you have joined 2 hours ago.

Dathker
April 25, 2004, 2:28 am
i hack :) but not games :)
tell ya the truth, its easier to just learn to play better then go through the trouble of finding a hack
~words of a truely lazy person

Weed
April 25, 2004, 3:29 am
maybe he just played real mode for the first time in his life...
and in a laggy server too...

n00bface
April 25, 2004, 6:41 am
go-through-wall hack does exist, i emailed michal about it, cuz i know how it works :]

Deleted User
April 25, 2004, 8:15 am
OH NO! h4Xx0rZ ARE BACK! [:-headache]

Dathker
April 25, 2004, 1:03 pm
heh

BlackSpear
April 25, 2004, 1:59 pm
well this sucks...
there always are hacks for every version of soldat out there, lol

BManx2000
April 25, 2004, 4:00 pm
Just be happy people aren't spewing the barret and m79 :/

cat92
April 25, 2004, 9:45 pm
Yeees.. I HAVE heard about the powerups... Duh. 0.o

Eventualy you will see the wonder of a bloke flying across the screen at unholy speeds, taking hits wiht a grain of salt, and zipping straight througha wall with the flag, an staying there to gloat about it as the game becomes a team death match.

n00bface
April 26, 2004, 1:11 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Just be happy people aren't spewing the barret and m79 :/

yea, but now it's the mp5

DT
April 26, 2004, 1:54 am
invs= predator mode
walls= lag or someone getting hit with a nade or something and getting stuck in the walls

cat92
April 26, 2004, 3:24 am
Ok... NO.

I'm speaking of them being able to go to a corner wiht the flag, jump through it. Laugh at us. and run to his base over the map. Zip through a wall over there, score. Zip through the wall again, run to our base, take the flag, zip through the same wall again, and repeat the process.

Hell, on one map the great overhacker kept popping up at our spawn, wasting us, and jumping through the roof. He did it MANY times.

Se7enWolf
April 26, 2004, 3:31 am
When someone sucks at something, they'll find a way to cheat at it and call themselves god - Soldatiers Bible 3:16

Element_101
April 26, 2004, 3:57 am
Hacking is just a poor excuse for skillz any one that dose it turely dose suck!

BrTarolg
April 26, 2004, 4:05 am
well this may sound different an all, but if its a real hack
(not just overclocking timed events and bugs)
then im very very impressed.
soldat has many MANY protections which i cant list (checksums, memory protection, value encryption(?), allsorts) to bypass that takes quite a bit of work.
admit it, everyone wants to be the 1337 h4x0r.

edit: if youre really that pissed off, then dont play in that server. beleive me when i say this
not everyone can/will hack.

dabookshah
April 26, 2004, 9:31 am
Ok, first of all u are dead wrong about the protections. I found out the go-through walls thingy(map-hack) all by myself. Its not difficult trust me. I am not particularly good at this sort of stuff, but it only took me about an hour to figure out how to fix the game so that i could alter any wall i wanted(i would go into more detail but its so easy to do, and nobody else went into any detail so i guess i better not either). There are no protections against this sort of stuff. I dont know about the memory protection and so on, but i wouldnt be so sure that its so hard to hack........that said i did actually(dont know if i should be saying this but anyway) go blitz eMule for every hacker/decompiler i could find and try them on Soldat.exe. None of 'em worked, not a one. So i guess there is SOME protection on the game but its really overstated. Its particularly important that the game does not pick up the map-hack thingy, because the map-hack can make the game-data on your computer out of sync with whats on everyone elses computer. But soldat doesnt pick this up. By the way, i only tried this once ok, just to see if it worked. I am not one of those people who screws up the game and makes it worthless for everyone else.

By the way, what i was actually going to ask was about being able to submit really bad cheaters (hopefully not me) ip addresses to the forum so they can be banned but i think it warrants another topic.

DT
April 26, 2004, 2:09 pm
its probly a combo of a
lag hack
speed hack
and walk through walls hack

BrTarolg
April 26, 2004, 7:26 pm
basically it works like this

it has a timer (to prevent speedhack) if you overclock that timer, then you get dc. however certain things (im not too sure) sometimes you wont get boot/ban.

walk thru walls hack i guess works as if you are on a blank map, whilst everyone else isnt, because moving is still largely clientside

as for memory protection, i should think it would detect the more commmonly used memory editors, such as Tsearch (very popular one) and ollydgb. it would either a> read proccess name, or b> read dll names.

as far as ive tried, when i tried to hack soldat, the moment i opened up my memory editore, packet editor, it DC me straight away, and normally caused my computer to crash.

perhaps im wrong, but it seemed to deter most people like me.

Lucifa
May 7, 2004, 9:08 am
quote:Originally posted by dabookshah
I am not particularly good at this sort of stuff, but it only took me about an hour to figure out how to fix the game so that i could alter any wall i wanted

Ugh, you're a load of crap DaBookshah, you were whining for days on end on MSN asking about how to hack...

dabookshah
May 7, 2004, 12:23 pm
good one to talk, being the biggest piece of [:-censored] ever. Yeah, i was whining and frankly its embarrassing when i think about it, u being the biggest [:-censored] and all. But yeah, think back...u never told me i worked it out for myself and frankly its gay and ur doing it all the time

and btw why does that guy even have an account......Oh yeah now that i think about it....y does he have 0 postcount

Interesting about the hack protections......although it might be a good idea not to talk too much about that kind of stuff or someones gonna beat it. and how do u know so much about this stuff anyway tarolg

b00stA
May 7, 2004, 12:51 pm
dabookshah, if you really want to flame him, use the PM function or annoy him on MSN, but not here.

Locked.