( search forums )
YourNameHere [PL]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
April 24, 2004, 5:34 pm

I remember when I was a noob (watch it..), long long ago. In every public server I noticed at least one guy had 'PL' at the end of his name.

I thought to myself "crikey, this PL clan is [:-censored]ing huge."

It was only a couple of months or so ago I realised that PL actually stands for Poland...which kinda explains why they asked for a passport and Visa when I asked if I could join ...anyhow, what I'm getting at is: Why do you Pol's let on that you're Polish?

Not that theres any reason not to, it's just you never really see other nations doing this as much. Never any [UK]'s, or [RUS]'s. Why them and not the rest of us?

Hitman
April 24, 2004, 5:40 pm
*Adds the tag [UK] to the end of name*

April 24, 2004, 6:12 pm
[UK] is a bit too broad, i think. How about [En], [Scot], [We] and [NI]?

Hektik Sniper
April 24, 2004, 6:30 pm
we used [UK] when we did the UK eurocup team :o

n/a
April 24, 2004, 6:31 pm
Yeah, what about NOT using a 'regional tag' ?

I really don't care where exactly the 'pixelated square inch' on my screen is located. Even if 'it' lives on an isle or in the middle of nowhere.

wert21
April 24, 2004, 6:39 pm
quote:I thought to myself "crikey, this PL clan is ing huge."

hehe, but sometimes i read [ITA], [FRA] and [SPA]. But [pl] is the majority, really. Maybe they're proud to have the same nationality of Michal.

n/a
April 24, 2004, 6:42 pm
Hmm, or they see their 'soldier' as a car.

Wouldn't be the first time i see a polish guy doing that.

BMF
April 24, 2004, 7:38 pm
A long time ago i used to play as Bad Mother[:-censored]er [RUS]

then i forgot about it...

palloco
April 24, 2004, 8:29 pm
Actually there were 2 guys using -ESP for Spain (EspaƱa)

SuperKill
April 24, 2004, 8:51 pm
there are alot of Fin| guys aswell
and for israel its stuff like "THE BEST PLAYER" "ISRAELY ULTIMATE KILLER" "SUPERKILL" etc

Tha Doggfather
April 24, 2004, 9:08 pm
most israeli servers are called:

ONLY ISRAELIS!!1
ISRAEL IS THE BEST!!!
ISRAEL RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Souza
April 24, 2004, 10:05 pm
i once used [Pt] in the end of name... now it doesnt fit O.o

blan
April 24, 2004, 10:24 pm
I always wondered the same thing Chakra. I think they are a nation of gamers and constantly have a rotating banner in their tv telling them to put it at the end of their names.

morpheus
April 24, 2004, 11:20 pm
have you ever been in a game with a bunch of them and they all change to the same team, leaving you by yourself?

Dathker
April 25, 2004, 2:26 am
hrm i never really noticed it, but i did always wonder why i didn't see .pl in sctfl(which is dead btw) :(

Weed
April 25, 2004, 3:33 am
heh, i used to gladly wear an |IL tag after my name...

n00bface
April 25, 2004, 6:39 am
there are lots of [RUS] and [NL]s .. they play cuz when they go in a server, a bunch of other Polish are like 'cze', then they're like 'cze'.. dunno.. language identification?

DT
April 25, 2004, 7:27 am
just put [E] then our problem is solved [E] = Earth.... hopefully your from plant earth...

Deleted User
April 25, 2004, 8:09 am
dont bother... if we do [E], it will end by having [UN]s around and war against barretard terrorists

Bob The Builder
April 25, 2004, 8:43 am
I noticed that to and I really dont understand it. I'm Polish and I never even thought about placing any [PL] after my nickname. Strange. Maybe Ill ask on our Polish forum.

"cze" is a shortcut from "czesc" which means "hi"

Aquarius
April 25, 2004, 11:23 am
I play as Aquarius.pl because I like to have my nick with the country tag. I don't care if you don't care that I am from Poland ...if you care, I don't care as well... (and I don't care what you think about my grammar ;)

BlackSpear
April 25, 2004, 2:04 pm
well there are a lot of polish people in soldat and they want to talk polish instead of english, couse you rarely see anyone with [pl] behind his name talk english, lots of polish people don't even know correct english, so that's why I think...

wert21
April 25, 2004, 3:15 pm
...and how much "SHADOW" do you ever seen in soldat? it's the most used nick, and i don't know why.

BlackSpear
April 25, 2004, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by wert21
...and how much "SHADOW" do you ever seen in soldat? it's the most used nick, and i don't know why.

well think i've seen more yourself's then shadows :P

wert21
April 25, 2004, 11:12 pm
And "Soldier" too...of course...

Element_101
April 26, 2004, 4:15 am
[:-censored] [:-censored] my sigs not working..

Bummer not one auzzie has posted on this topic yet... I guess we would have (AUS)