( search forums )
Possibly submiting cheaters to be banned
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
dabookshah
April 26, 2004, 9:37 am
There are some really bad cheaters out there, and they know how to aviod the protections on the game. So i thought maybe we could submit cheaters ip addresses here, and maybe, just maybe, Michal or someone could include them into the banned list which is created when you first install the game. I guess you could do this by just submitting a demo of the person cheating. I dont think demos are really fake-able, and they are just dumps of the ip data(right?), so the cheaters ip should be in there(right?). I know there are lots of if's in here, such as whether Michal would agree, but its the best idea i can think of this problem is getting out of hand. Oh, and it would only stop people with static ip addresses, but its still a good start.

PS: The one guy im thinking of is -Lucifa-. That guy is a [:-censored]ing faggot, i hate his guts he does nothing but cheat.

DrocK
April 26, 2004, 9:41 am
lucifa has already been posted as a cheater and i bet most ppl on the forums know him already [:P]

Captain RibMan
April 26, 2004, 10:08 am
i hate lucifa

I WANT TO KILL LUCIFA

dabookshah
April 26, 2004, 10:22 am
everyone knows he's a cheater. What i mean is, can we get him back by (if he has static ip) having his ip banned in the next release of soldat - u know what i mean, when u download it from soldat.pl his ip would already be on the banned list.

Hitman
April 26, 2004, 11:03 am
quote:So i thought maybe we could submit cheaters ip addresses hereNo, either Pm the Ip to Styx, or try contacting the server's admin.

FroG-BoY
April 26, 2004, 11:44 am
He sadly can't be banned, hes a dialupper with some anti-ban hack :/

At least you europeans are save *waves fist*

morpheus
April 26, 2004, 11:49 am
i'm not so sure that even recording the matches could help. you may have a crappy connection and record one thing, while someone with a good connection records something totally different, and vice versa.

just like some noob lagger that appears to warp all over the place. to him, the game may look perfectly fine, but to you he's so laggy he's warping.

KnOt
April 26, 2004, 11:50 am
ROFL.. I remember this one fella 'Sonic the Hedgehog'.. Yes, he was a speed hacker. I finally found out who it was after months of wondering...That's for me to know and you to find out though hehe.

dabookshah
April 26, 2004, 11:52 am
hes a dialup? crap. Damn i guess it wont help then. Still, being able to ban people when the next version comes out would be a good idea.

BlackSpear
April 26, 2004, 2:23 pm
why not make a board about it here on the forum, where everone can just add the people that have been reported to their ban list if they want to....

kevith
April 26, 2004, 2:33 pm
Yes cheaters suck, but I think banning their IP's in a future version of Soldat is perhaps going a bit too far.

Well, I'll ruin the Sonic the Hedgehog mystery. click [:p]

Deleted User
April 26, 2004, 3:16 pm
Nobody should ever post a cheaters name or IP in the forum. It just causes disturbance, and it gives them unneeded attention.

dabookshah
April 26, 2004, 3:56 pm
Right...you are saying that you would for some weird reason be against posting cheaters names in the forum. The alternative is just living with them......You have obviously never played with this lucifa guy. Plus, the attention that involves them being permenantly banned is the sort of attention that they deserve. If it was possibly to do, there would be no reason against it i think.

BrTarolg
April 26, 2004, 7:29 pm
i dont think ou should go to yhe trouble of finding and banning cheaters.
that takes time, and time is money. and that money is better spent on better protections. most of soldat is not around the server, which is rather stupid for a start.

Deleted User
April 26, 2004, 9:31 pm
Its not hard for a cheater to get a new soldat name and mask their IP. If you played soldat in the 1.0.5b days, you'll know why you don't give them attention.

BMF
April 26, 2004, 9:42 pm
i played Lucifa the other day. He was very good

Snipedmyself
April 26, 2004, 9:50 pm
no, cos then people will put people tehy don't like IP adress. maybe themselves for the hell of it. ;)

BlackSpear
April 26, 2004, 10:37 pm
if we do this it will also scare people off to start cheating...
especialy dumb noobs who have heard of this will feel too paranoia to ever use a cheat in soldat hehe

DeafBox
April 27, 2004, 12:05 am
quote:i played Lucifa the other day. He was very good
Yeah he is good, really good. Altho he hacks most of the time.

I think the forums policy of "o lets not talk about hackers and they'll go away" is fukin bullsh!t. Its obviously not working. PM styx the details, wat is the point? i know sooooo many Australian's that have pm'd styx stuff about lucifa. In Aus alot of the servers are put up by ISP's and are not monitored. They dont EVER appoint moderators and just leave them as in. (untill the crash then restart em' a week after.)

End of the day, its up to Mike to fix the loopholes. Im told this has been done with the 1.2 fix, altho ive yet to play in a server with lucifa so i dont know if its worked or not.

Actually Mike even emailed lucifa about his cheating.... i know what it says but its private... so i wont enter into the details.

Aegis
April 27, 2004, 1:00 am
If hes on a Dial-up connection he doesnt have an anti-ban hack.. prolly just reconnecting to his ISP and getting a new IP address..

DrocK
April 27, 2004, 1:33 am
i never played lucifa.. but... like bmf said he was very good.. with hacks? or without hacks

Hitman
April 27, 2004, 1:34 am
Well, if he's good without hacks I don't see why he plays with Hacks. It just ruins the game for the rest of us.

Element_101
April 27, 2004, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
quote:i played Lucifa the other day. He was very good
Yeah he is good, really good. Altho he hacks most of the time.

I think the forums policy of "o lets not talk about hackers and they'll go away" is fukin bullsh!t. Its obviously not working. PM styx the details, wat is the point? i know sooooo many Australian's that have pm'd styx stuff about lucifa. In Aus alot of the servers are put up by ISP's and are not monitored. They dont EVER appoint moderators and just leave them as in. (untill the crash then restart em' a week after.)

End of the day, its up to Mike to fix the loopholes. Im told this has been done with the 1.2 fix, altho ive yet to play in a server with lucifa so i dont know if its worked or not.

Actually Mike even emailed lucifa about his cheating.... i know what it says but its private... so i wont enter into the details.

this is ture no servers here and modded, we are forced to live with crappy servers until one of us dose something about it and You can be sure it wont be me! im broke enough as it is

Captain RibMan
April 27, 2004, 6:56 am
one time i was owning lucifa then he started hacking and complained about lag when its his fuking dialup and his bloody hacks

BlackSpear
April 27, 2004, 1:50 pm
would be nice if he teamed up with michal lol
couse he's obviously the most famous soldat hacker there is :P

FliesLikeABrick
April 30, 2004, 4:36 am
It is handy to post hacker/cheater names and IPs in the forums, just to inform other active server owners so that they may protect their server from these lamers.
-Brick

Soldier-Ace
May 1, 2004, 4:26 am
quote:Originally posted by KnOt
ROFL.. I remember this one fella 'Sonic the Hedgehog'.. Yes, he was a speed hacker. I finally found out who it was after months of wondering...That's for me to know and you to find out though hehe.

Hmmmm....Sonic the Hedgehog.......*looks at The Sin Bin* [:-drool]

kevith
May 1, 2004, 4:45 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith
Well, I'll ruin the Sonic the Hedgehog mystery. click [:p]
ROFL, did you not read anything after that post?

Zoolander
May 1, 2004, 11:36 am
Anyone remember nightcrawler on DNA games server? he was a badass.