( search forums )
Music. Does/Don´ts?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Major Pissant
April 27, 2004, 8:54 am
What music do u listen to while u play Soldat. Me, myself and I listen to all kinds of heavier metal. Groups right now vary from Korn to Cannibal Corpse, from Soad to Rotting Christ.

Deleted User
April 27, 2004, 9:59 am
I either stick with the Soldat tracks, or I listen to fight music from the Matrix films.

Major Pissant
April 27, 2004, 10:04 am
Couldn´t you find something more hardcore.

DT
April 27, 2004, 1:32 pm
yea like me i listen to sonic music![:D]

BlackSpear
April 27, 2004, 1:44 pm
at the moment i'm having Horna (HAIL HORNA!!!!)in my play list for a while, but gorgoroth, anaal nathrakh, mayhem, zyclon, aborted, vrolok, hate forest, suffocation and many others have been tested by my under soldat and verry well aproved hehe
(that where just the bands that came to mind first, maybe not ALL the best ones but still all verry good)

Hitman
April 27, 2004, 1:50 pm
I've got a few Rage Against the Machine Songs in there...

achan1989
April 27, 2004, 5:49 pm
woo rage!
at tho mo its guns and roses. heh old skl rok.

but theres a thread i started about this. its now moved to the bash pit :-D

Snipedmyself
April 27, 2004, 6:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by DT
yea like me i listen to sonic music![:D]

if you are serious, cracka i wanna share wif my bootlegged sonic adventure 2 songs! teh knucl3s song5 ar3 teh r0x0rZ!!! i have almost teh whole game! ha! like 30% owf my HD is "recorded" songs

Deleted User
April 27, 2004, 7:08 pm
Major Pissant: You don't get more hardcore than Burly Brawl from the Matrix Reloaded.

DrocK
April 27, 2004, 7:26 pm
MTV2| Head Bangersball
"mix of rock and some heavy metal"

Duke33
April 28, 2004, 5:39 am
Hmmm...I prefer listening to heavier stuff in soldat, but its not such a big thing. Just something playing in the background is all I need. Still, recently I've been listening to Audioslave and Seether ingame.

that fuking sniper
April 28, 2004, 6:08 am
Cannibal Corpse has hillarious lyrics, although the guy's voice sounds like some animanl's mating call. You all should check the lyrics for "necropedophilliac". You will laugh your asses off.

Major Pissant
April 28, 2004, 9:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
You don't get more hardcore than Burly Brawl from the Matrix Reloaded.

Mörk Gryning from Sweden is definetly more hardcore. BTW all of u should take a look at Rotting Christ from Germany.

DrocK
April 28, 2004, 11:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Duke33
Hmmm...I prefer listening to heavier stuff in soldat, but its not such a big thing. Just something playing in the background is all I need. Still, recently I've been listening to Audioslave and Seether ingame.

audioslave and seether are good but.. they are not heavier than...
slipknot, ramnstein, dimmu borgir, arch enemy, poison the well, finch, 40 below summer, etc etc

Major Pissant
April 28, 2004, 11:42 am
Rammstein iz not dat hevvy, but Slipknot works gr8 to Soldat

damnnation
April 28, 2004, 11:49 am
rage against the machine is sooo good man there the best:D

Major Pissant
April 28, 2004, 11:51 am
They rock, but if u want real music luk on d internet for a Swedish group called In Flames.

Gaso
April 28, 2004, 1:50 pm
I dont usually listen anything but if I do its probably thunderstone / Sonata Arctica / Masterplan.

DT
April 28, 2004, 1:51 pm
quote: quote by SnipedMySelf
if you are serious, cracka i wanna share wif my bootlegged sonic adventure 2 songs! teh knucl3s song5 ar3 teh r0x0rZ!!! i have almost teh whole game! ha! like 30% owf my HD is "recorded" songs

WOOT GO SONIC FOREVER![:P][yeah]

Shyo
April 28, 2004, 7:00 pm
I listen to stuff like...
Nargaroth, Burzum, Turrican Music (yeah, it rocks), Satanic warmaster, Nokturnal Mortum and other black/death metal stuff..

kevith
April 28, 2004, 7:13 pm
I generally don't listen to music while playing Soldat. You should try listening to some classical music while you play...

Budda
April 28, 2004, 8:05 pm
Im listen on Velvet Breeze or Rammstein... mohaaa... they rocks...

BlackSpear
April 28, 2004, 9:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Shyo
Nargaroth, Burzum, Turrican Music (yeah, it rocks), Satanic warmaster, Nokturnal Mortum and other black/death metal stuff..

you and I seem to be the only ones who listen to true good metal under soldat here in the forums...

Hitman
April 28, 2004, 9:45 pm
More like Satanic music..

Shyo
April 28, 2004, 9:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear

you and I seem to be the only ones who listen to true good metal under soldat here in the forums...

seems so.. I also listen to many unknown underground bands from germany.. mostly unknown, but who cares

?
April 28, 2004, 10:13 pm
I have like a 150 song playlist I listen to whenever I play on the computer and feel like listening to music, it includes: Radiohead, Louis Armstrong, Pedro the Lion, The Flaming lips, Johnny Cash, Primus, Beck, Steve Burns, Extol, Evanescene, Zao, and Coldplay. Comeing soon: Roll out by Ludacris and Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz.

Se7enWolf
April 29, 2004, 12:59 am
Slipknot and KoRn usually, some disturbed and godsmack

BlackSpear
April 29, 2004, 1:34 pm
seems so.. I also listen to many unknown underground bands from germany.. mostly unknown, but who cares

metal from your own country always seems to be just a bit better then they realy are hehe

Antifate
April 29, 2004, 11:26 pm
Rahxephon introdution, hemisphere, the best damn song ever! i have to get it! As of now i listen to rainy days by heartdales.

Lord Graviton
April 30, 2004, 1:32 am
I dont know if its only me, but heavy music is really bad for me while playing soldat :P. I lost my last keyboards stand because of it. I got real exicited when someone killed me and punched my keyboard :(. From then onwards I stopped listening to heavy music and moved onto what I listen to in my free time, Classical or OSTs from Cowboy Bebop, .Hack//Sign, and even Evangeleon :D

PINK
April 30, 2004, 2:25 am
here is some stuff i listen to, no order

Eso-charis(means "to rain grace")
The Chariot
Norma Jean
Zao
Haste The Day
Blindside
Extol(witch means "to praise highly")
Few left standing
Analog
Embodyment
Soap Box

most all of that is harder than that crap you guys listed, AND BTW it is ALL christan music, you guys shuld cheak it all out, they are VERY hard, but have up lifting lyrics.

DeafBox
April 30, 2004, 2:58 am
Gotta love the metal :D
I recently saw Anthrax, Soilwork and Killswicth Engage live that was pretty damn awesome gig.

Im also listening to anything heavy atm
Old metallica
Sonata Arctica
Cult of Luna
The Butterfly Effect
of course soilwork :D

Its all good
--------------------
As for death metal, black metal
-Children of Bodom
-Dark Tranquility (dvd is awesome)
-And Oceans
-Days End
-Old soilwork
-A very small bit of Dimmu

?
April 30, 2004, 4:00 am
EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK finally someone that listening to zao and extol!!!! I LOVE OYU PINK!

Haro1121
April 30, 2004, 5:27 am
lol wow i feel like such a loner but yah i listen to rap when i play something with a killer beat to it, a good song to play this game to is Jadakiss-Kiss of Death or DMX-X gonna give it to ya try playing it with some killer club beats from the young gunz or Ying yang twinz crazyyy [:-censored]

Major Pissant
April 30, 2004, 10:09 am
quote:Originally posted by PINK

most all of that is harder than that crap you guys listed, AND BTW it is ALL christan music, you guys shuld cheak it all out, they are VERY hard, but have up lifting lyrics.

Deathmetal and Heavymetal lyrics and "Nothing else Matters". Y would I listen to uplifting christian crap when I can hear monstruos voices screaming that life isn´t worth it. BTW it´s gr8 of the guy up above me to stand for his own oppinion. Keep listening to whatever U like. Music is 1 of the only freedoms we´ve got left.

jasonbackflip
April 30, 2004, 10:31 am
I listen to Grandaddy, the webb brothers and a bit of the radar brothers. From what ive read so far im totalt unique in my total lack of metal. Cant stand the stuff.

BlackSpear
April 30, 2004, 1:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lord Graviton
I dont know if its only me, but heavy music is really bad for me while playing soldat :P. I lost my last keyboards stand because of it. I got real exicited when someone killed me and punched my keyboard :(.

you need anger therapy or something :P couse I never had any probs with that, still using the same keyboard as I bought with my computer and NEVER listen to something else as hard black metal and sometimes hard death metal...

quote:Originally posted by PINK

hmz, I mostly listen to satanic music with uplifting lyrics for killing :P
and btw I don't know what you are talking about with hard :S:S:S
you should check out something like anaal nathrakh or vrolok, everything that is softer then that doesn't have the right to be called hard when it comes to guitar with drum music

PINK
April 30, 2004, 11:00 pm
i love you to man, EXTOL WILL ROCK YOUR SOAL BROTHAS!

Famine
May 1, 2004, 12:18 am
quote:you and I seem to be the only ones who listen to true good metal under soldat here in the forums...

True metal? Screaming into a mic about death and strumming on a few powerchords. Almost like pop punk accept they have different lyrics and lower voices...

Yngwie Malmsteen
Megadeth
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
A few misc. tracks too

Shyo
May 1, 2004, 1:20 am
Some people like the soft, some like the hard..
ah btw you gotta get shoot if you compare pop punk with black/death/dark/whatever metal..
;)

n/a
May 1, 2004, 2:07 am
whoo, fine music '?' and 'jasonbackflip'. Usually i listen to Leonard Cohen , Joy division, Velvet Underground, Sonic Youth, Jesus & Mary chain, Nick Drake, The Smiths, Grandaddy, Belle & Sebastian, Lee Hazlewood, Nick Cave & TBS ...etc...

But with soldat it's Wagner who does the musically work. I think there ain't better music to 'make war' on...we all do remember the legendary scene of Apocalypse Now ... Wagner's "ride of the valkyrie" playing on the helicopter...while attacking charlie...

Charlie don't surf.

?
May 1, 2004, 2:26 am
I have found out that killing people to Louis Armstrong is really cool.

Famine
May 1, 2004, 2:46 am
quote: Some people like the soft, some like the hard..
ah btw you gotta get shoot if you compare pop punk with black/death/dark/whatever metal..

WELL... I Just did

BlackSpear
May 1, 2004, 1:33 pm
Famine, in what way is metal the same as pop or punk?
pop is corrupted by commercial [:-censored] all over, everything is about money for them...
even hip hop and r&b (what you listen to) can be corrupted all over (in some cases)
metal is just made becouse the people who made that [:-censored] liked to make it and maked it the way they like it (and not let you record company BUY some song from a songwriter and let it be given to you like as it is in pop music a lot of the time). And even IF they go afther the money, they are probely in the wrong place couse true metal never got into the top40 or something... there is 1 exeption, cradle of filth, those damn money wolfs.... they altert their music over time just TOO damn mutch to the commercial way. but anyways, i'm drifting off A LOT, sorry for that
think why you said that is becouse you NEVER listened to metal before in the right way, if you do you probely still won't like it but certainly do see that it's more then you thought and just some 'screaming' into the mic and hitting a few powerchords.
and then again, there are atleast 100 sorts of metal, so if you listened to just 1 or 2 bands you don't know what metal is AT ALL, you just get a minimal general impression from that.
so what i'm trying to say is, STFU YOU >REALY< DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND ARE SAYING >ABSOLUTE< CRAP!

Famine
May 1, 2004, 4:53 pm
quote:even hip hop and r&b (what you listen to)

hmmm? listen to hiphop...

quote:Yngwie Malmsteen
Megadeth
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
A few misc. tracks too

Yea, those are great hip-hop artists...

Here is my analogy

quote:True metal? Screaming into a mic about death and strumming on a few powerchords. Almost like pop punk accept they have different lyrics and lower voices...

There ya go...maybe you should read next time

quote:and then again, there are atleast 100 sorts of metal, so if you listened to just 1 or 2 bands you don't know what metal is AT ALL, you just get a minimal general impression from that.

quote:Yngwie? Never heard of him so he sucks.

Wow...

Also I have listened to some black and death metal and I didn't like them.

Toni_Cicerelli
May 1, 2004, 5:46 pm
I like every thing, but I love opera and classical.

jasonbackflip
May 2, 2004, 9:34 am

AE Sebastian: the Smiths, Grandaddy and leonard Cohen, what a combination....Leonard Cohen is a true legend!

Holden
May 2, 2004, 3:25 pm
Misfits
Smashing Pumpkins
Man... or Astroman?
Zwan
Nirvana
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Simon and Garfunkel
Man... or Astroman?

and...if I'm in the mood...Beethovens Sixth or some Schubert.

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 7:27 pm
so i take it im the only person on this forum that listens to rap.............

Holden
May 2, 2004, 10:03 pm
I listen to some of the underground stuff, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks come to mind. Also Walkmen.

Major Pissant
May 4, 2004, 9:16 am
You have all missed the whole idea with death- and blackmetal. Listen to what u want. Want 2 listen 2 voices from the underworld whispering about Oblivion, Decay and Death.

Element_101
May 5, 2004, 1:41 am
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
Gotta love the metal :D
I recently saw Anthrax, Soilwork and Killswicth Engage live that was pretty damn awesome gig.

Im also listening to anything heavy atm
Old metallica
Sonata Arctica
Cult of Luna
The Butterfly Effect
of course soilwork :D

Its all good
--------------------
As for death metal, black metal
-Children of Bodom
-Dark Tranquility (dvd is awesome)
-And Oceans
-Days End
-Old soilwork
-A very small bit of Dimmu

dude I so hate you I wanted to see soilwork!

I usually listen to things like tool, inflames, soilwork and even linkin park if im in the mood but I h8 death metal even in soldat!

MadMoney
May 5, 2004, 7:33 am
you all got it wrong, not one perso in this forum added the best band to ever grace our earth....The crystal method

dellard14
May 5, 2004, 10:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Haro1121
so i take it im the only person on this forum that listens to rap.............

make it 2 of us . . . (flees from angry metalheads)

Haro1121
May 6, 2004, 1:03 am
OMG THE FIRST PERSON ON THIS FORUM THAT LIKES RAP that ive met woo im not alone yay

Famine
May 6, 2004, 1:09 am
My bro listens to underground...so I know some jank about that like, Necro, ill bill, Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox, and all those guys.

Major Pissant
May 6, 2004, 8:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox

I usually listen to things like tool, inflames, soilwork and even linkin park if im in the mood but I h8 death metal even in soldat!

Damn good thing someone else listens to the blessed sounds of In Flames

Chakra
May 6, 2004, 9:49 am
Necro and Ill Bill are alright, but that american rap just sounds so samey to me. British hip hop i'm finding very refreshing and new, especially jehst, braintax, lewis parker etc ...

..still find acid jazz helps me play soldat better though.

Major Pissant
May 6, 2004, 10:19 am
Michal the Soldat Duck? L00ks GR8. Made it Urself?

BURN1N4TOR
May 8, 2004, 2:38 am
SONG IS LISTEN TO WHILE PLAYING:
matrix techno from lobby scene
Mortal kombat theme
Blade techno
That peanut butter jelly song ( where it skeeps saying peanut butter jelly)
PS: BEST SONG TO LISTEN TO WHILE PLAYING SPLINTER CELL... ACDC- DIRTY DEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Shady-
May 8, 2004, 5:25 am
System of a Down always helps me, especially IEAIAIO =)

Major Pissant
May 11, 2004, 8:33 am
U have all songs from Steal this album? or just newbie.

Logintrouble
May 11, 2004, 2:59 pm
What not to listen to:Celine Deion, I will always love you. GOd I would laugh at that player so damn hard. Mp5 roarin "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i will always loooooooooooooove you"lmao

ZeroX
May 11, 2004, 11:23 pm
I have a playlist specifically for Soldat. It's got some GGX2 songs, some Ocremix songs, and some really great Mega Man Midis.

DrocK
May 12, 2004, 12:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Major Pissant
Rammstein iz not dat hevvy, but Slipknot works gr8 to Soldat

sorry for answering too late but..
yeah slipknot is very nice to listen to while playing soldat..
but now... with their new songs like Pulse of the maggots, dont get close, slipknot has just got more....... "MUCH MORE light rock"
very bad that they changed their style

Major Pissant
May 13, 2004, 10:41 am
Finally some1 who understands. That is my exact oppinion.

Jap_man
May 17, 2004, 11:09 am
marilyn manson is pretty good to listen to while playing soldat.

Major Pissant
May 17, 2004, 11:14 am
Marilyn Manson is an excuse for unexperienced ppl 2 pretend 2 listen 2 "hard music". BTW all of u real deathmetallisteners out there should try out Dimmu Borgir if U haven´t already heard it.

Superdog
May 17, 2004, 11:27 am
I've heard it. Didn't like. You suck. Listen to swedish folkmusic.

AerialAssault
May 17, 2004, 8:31 pm
u people need to hear some tool, seriously...

Major Pissant
May 18, 2004, 10:42 am
Wwhat do U mean "tool"?

Superdog
May 18, 2004, 10:44 am
Yeah! What the[:-censored]is tool.

Major Pissant
May 18, 2004, 10:46 am
Stop spamming. Keep to the topic or I´ll report U to the moderators.

AerialAssault
May 18, 2004, 12:19 pm
T00L is a band (LOL!) theyve been around for more than a decade, but up in sweden i guess ur prolly havent heard them, download some T00L songs. they mix heavy metal, with soft elements which is acually great music. theyve got a singer, he inst just screaming talentlessly into the microphone. the man can sing. hes one of the best vocalists ive ever heard. and is without a doubt the best vocalist out there today. his voice is surprising haunting, and its makes for a great listen. download lateralus, jimmy, Stinkfist, the patient, the grudge, parabola, cold and ugly, eulogy, and H.

b00stA
May 18, 2004, 1:13 pm
AerialAssault, I used to listen to Tool for a bit and I agree with you, but I think it's better to say "just check them out and tell me what you think" instead of praising them and getting somebody's expectations up.
I don't know anything about *metal, but I think Tool is just great.

Hitman
May 18, 2004, 1:21 pm
quote:Stop spamming. Keep to the topic or I´ll report U to the moderators.You're not fooling anyone Major Pissant.

AerialAssault
May 18, 2004, 10:42 pm
b00sta, i was just saying that the music these people listen to is a bit, ehhh... common?

Major Pissant
May 23, 2004, 1:31 pm
What´s wrong with listening to music that is, ehhh... common?

Kazuki
May 23, 2004, 2:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by kevith
I generally don't listen to music while playing Soldat. You should try listening to some classical music while you play...

ROFL. I actually do listen to some slow music at times. If any of you have ever played Final Fantasy X, you know what Auron's theme is like. It's made entirely out of piano with some techno in the background. This adds a lot of drama to Soldat, it's like it goes slomo somtimes.

Frosty
May 23, 2004, 5:00 pm
The Velvet Underground.

and nothing else

all your tastes suck.

Famine
May 23, 2004, 5:09 pm
Common? Tool is common they are not underground.

Have you ever heard of Stormwind or Quo Vadis before I brought it up?

What about Firewind? Alcatrazz, Steeler? All these common bands.

Kazuki
May 23, 2004, 7:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Frosty
The Velvet Underground.

and nothing else

all your tastes suck.

Well, you need to attend optimism classes.

773D
May 24, 2004, 2:56 pm
I've found that Metallica - One (Starcraft Mix) fits the game very well

..but, generally, anything heavy does the trick

zephyr
May 28, 2004, 4:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
quote:Originally posted by kevith

ROFL. I actually do listen to some slow music at times. If any of you have ever played Final Fantasy X, you know what Auron's theme is like. It's made entirely out of piano with some techno in the background. This adds a lot of drama to Soldat, it's like it goes slomo somtimes.

Nobuo Uematsu - The Landing (FFVIII) [;)] This song was made for soldat.[:D]

Major Pissant
June 7, 2004, 11:06 am
The song in ffX when ur in Zanarkand. Its very light but it works, especially if u crank it up a few notches.

Jap_man
June 7, 2004, 11:38 am
I've heard that song it's called something like jekt theme. It's ok...

Major Pissant
June 8, 2004, 10:38 am
Another good song from ffX is Otherworld performed by Alexander O Smith.

Superdog
June 8, 2004, 10:47 am
Yeah, that's a good song, but the Zanarkad-song is better!

wood
June 8, 2004, 7:23 pm
me?

im partial to billy joel and eric clapton. sometimes a little bruce springstein when im feeling especially naughty.

i dont need heavy metal. if this kind of music puts me in the mood to rape i can only image what that crap would do to me.

-wood

Major Pissant
June 9, 2004, 9:32 am
Good 4 U. Maybe when U reach a period of constant h8 against other ppl ull be blessed by da dark world of deathmetal.

Taehl
June 9, 2004, 5:32 pm
*opens up his mp3 folder...*

Let's see. Right now I got some UT music (GoDown, Organic, Mech8, Saveme, Suprfist, etc.), some random hardcore/techno from the modplug site (Bengoo, Trauma, etc.), chcballs from a UT mod (DA:UT), a remix of Storm of a Bass Monster (for harsher sound) from DM-Scimitar (yep. UT map.), and the Song For Soldat.

DeMonIc
June 9, 2004, 5:38 pm
I listen 2 SOAD-KoRn-Tankcsapda(I know what it is n u don't!!! :P)-Slipknot(which is comin 2 hungary this saturday, free admitance!WOOPeEE!!!). These are quite imitating u know :D

Famine
June 9, 2004, 9:38 pm
Oh, well I am starting to lean to death/black metal now. Like Quo Vadis, Dimmu Borgir, and a few others.

BlackSpear
June 9, 2004, 9:48 pm
hmz, Major Pissant, you keep praising death metal, what kind of bands do you listen to??

deejii
June 9, 2004, 11:32 pm
Noobs. vital remains pwns :I

Dictator
June 10, 2004, 4:30 am
Usually I don't listen to music, but when I do, it's WWII marches. [:D]

Major Pissant
June 10, 2004, 8:59 am
hmz, Major Pissant, you keep praising death metal, what kind of bands do you listen to??

I used to listen to hardcore bashing deathmetal, but recently Im more into melodic deathmetal like Dimmu Borgir, Rotting Christ and Mörk Gryning. Sometimes I listen to SOAD, KoRn and Slipknot because I need to calm down. If Im really mad I listen to bashing deathmetal like Meshuggah, Sepultura, Nile and other bands that I don´t know the name of.

Jap_man
June 10, 2004, 1:39 pm
I'm wondering does anyone here listen to Punk/Ska?
Everyone here seems to listen to Metal/death metal, Though i'm not saying that it sucks, I'm just wondering if someone here listens to punk/Ska.

BlackSpear
June 10, 2004, 7:18 pm
I used to listen to hardcore bashing deathmetal, but recently Im more into melodic deathmetal like Dimmu Borgir, Rotting Christ and Mörk Gryning. Sometimes I listen to SOAD, KoRn and Slipknot because I need to calm down. If Im really mad I listen to bashing deathmetal like Meshuggah, Sepultura, Nile and other bands that I don´t know the name of.

first of all, dimmu borgir, mork gryning isn't death metal and has nothing to do with death metal, its black metal (HAIL BLACK METAL!) and rotting crist is more black metal then death though it's some sort of mix...
korn, system of a down and slipknot imho just sucks, have no other words for that.
and your bashing death metal bands are all hardrock exept for nile, that is death metal, it's the only band you are right about.
already thought you would say something like this.
if you want to hear some in my opinion realy good black metal, listen to the old dimmu borgir, immortal, carpathian forest, gorgoroth, horna, anaal nathrakh, anorexia nervosa, arthemesia and windir and more stuff like that

Major Pissant
June 12, 2004, 10:12 am
Thank you for the correction, altough I already knew that Slipknot, KoRn and SOAD arent deathmetal and I didnt say they were in my post. If you are right then I´m going to stop praising deathmetal because its black metal I listen the most to.
BTW thanks for the tip about bands to listen to, such tips are always welcome.

Happy Camper
June 12, 2004, 6:48 pm
i listen to punk/ska, and every other type of music, but the catch is...........its all christan

MercyM
June 13, 2004, 11:52 am
Bwahaahaa, I listen Kill Bill soundtrack [:P]

BlackSpear
June 14, 2004, 10:44 pm
Thank you for the correction, altough I already knew that Slipknot, KoRn and SOAD arent deathmetal and I didnt say they were in my post. If you are right then I´m going to stop praising deathmetal because its black metal I listen the most to.
BTW thanks for the tip about bands to listen to, such tips are always welcome.

you did say it was death metal but it doesn't matter :P
if you want band names or check what kind of metal a band makes or something look here: http://www.metal-archives.com/browseG.php?g=black
there are 4124 black metal bands in it :)

Major Pissant
June 21, 2004, 11:38 am
Thanks a lot. I was just wondering if you could tell me some kind of signs to see if its death or blackmetal. An answer would mean much to me.

Sir Galahad
June 21, 2004, 2:57 pm
No one probably listens to some electro, breakbeats, trance, or groove music?

BlackSpear
June 22, 2004, 10:35 pm
Black metal usualy has mutch more variating drums and guitars and usualy aims for that darker feeling to it and most times it has high grunts (listen to the old dimmu borgir (stormblast!!!), horna, immortal and carpathian forest to get the best impression of what black metal actualy is). there are also quite some satanic lyrics in black metal
death metal has usualy more riffs in the guitar and doesn't have as mutch extra breaks in the drums like in black metal. it's going for that more of a brutal metal that sounds, well... more brutal (though there is also "brutal death metal" hehe). they usualy use low grunts and the lyrics are ofthen violent. however, death metal is more of the standard to make and are a LOT of bands that make death metal, so there is a some variety in how it exactly sounds.
but there are WAY more sorts of metal then just black and death metal (though i almost only own black metal, but also enjoy other kinds of metal) think somewhere arround 50 sorts or so (not counting rare the things like "satanic trash grind death metal" witch actualy exists hahaha)
just listen to a lot of metal and find out what kind it is, then you'll learn what the difference is between them all

Major Pissant
June 23, 2004, 10:08 am
Thanks for sharing, but I was wondering what u think is the absolute best band ever. I think Metallica is the best band even though its quite soft. My favorite band however isnt Metallica, but Dimmu Borgir.

BlackSpear
June 23, 2004, 4:04 pm
hmz, the absolute best band ever.... think I can't awnser that though the old dimmu borgir comes to mind at first. but think immortal is overall the best band ever (if you look at everything made by the band) only [:-censored]'n [:-censored]ed up that they split up some time ago. gorgoroth also defenatly also comes to mind and also couldn't live without finntroll in my collection. those 4 bands are the 4 bands are my favorite bands though windir also comes pretty close (Windir - Todeswalzer (first song from the album "1184") is a must listen!!)

my most favorite more underground bands are gloomy grim, arthemesia and horna

Deleted User
July 11, 2004, 6:42 am
i listen to Rammstien and Slayer give those a try :)

Major Pissant
July 28, 2004, 11:27 am
quote:Originally posted by -CHALLENGER-
i listen to Rammstien and Slayer give those a try :)

I recently bought the album South of heaven and I already got Mutter. I dont mean to be rude but I didnt like that [:-censored]. Only good song was flamethrower. Maybe also the song south of heaven.

kilroy1501
July 28, 2004, 3:13 pm
i like metal, not death metal or black or whatever the hell you called it

i like any combo of punk,rock, metal and alternative

{ korn/slipknot shinedown }
blink182 3 days grace

kilroy1501
July 28, 2004, 3:13 pm
i like metal, not death metal or black or whatever the hell you called it

i like any combo of punk,rock, metal and alternative

blink182 3 days grace

Cookie.
July 29, 2004, 3:58 am
i like incubus :O and that new song Take Me Out and Somebody Told me those are good too

Sekushi
July 29, 2004, 4:15 am
I listen to Shania Twain and Cher.

SILENT
July 29, 2004, 4:19 am
You're all ggr.

FliesLikeABrick
July 29, 2004, 6:01 pm
RATM is one of the best things to listen to while playing soldat.
-Brick

Darksider
July 29, 2004, 7:17 pm
Well, when I'm in the mood I listen to The White Stripes's harder rock songs (Little Acorns), but usually I listen to (I'm about to do a brave thing) Linkin Park - Reanimation. There I said it. Now critisism is welcome on my taste. (I don't care) :D

DeMonIc
July 29, 2004, 7:19 pm
*DING*
Hey, u mean I'm NOT the only one who likes White Stripes?!

AerialAssault
July 29, 2004, 9:30 pm
hmz, the absolute best band ever.... think I can't awnser that though the old dimmu borgir comes to mind at first. but think immortal is overall the best band ever (if you look at everything made by the band) only [:-censored]'n [:-censored]ed up that they split up some time ago. gorgoroth also defenatly also comes to mind and also couldn't live without finntroll in my collection. those 4 bands are the 4 bands are my favorite bands though windir also comes pretty close (Windir - Todeswalzer (first song from the album "1184") is a must listen!!)

my most favorite more underground bands are gloomy grim, arthemesia and horna
u think of dimmu borgir as the greatest band ever? rofl, there just another band who makes music that sounds like static and people getting their intestines being pulled out from their mouth. Famine you taste in music is probably one of the best here. but seriously. i think Tool is the greatest band of our time.there not mainstream by any means, they get almost NO publicity. they have a very disticntive sound. and famine your gonna say, ohhhh but the guitar solos make the band. every [:-censored]ing guitar solo sounds the same.its proper usage of the guitar, and riffs that dont sound the same that are more important. maynards voice is what makes Tool great. if u look throughout history all the greatest musicians and bands have had a distinctive sound. and where does this come from? the voice of the vocalist. also read tools lyrics, but i suppose alot of u wont be able to understand with your low mental capacity. ok, im done (feel free to flame, i know im right)

Cookie.
July 30, 2004, 8:36 am
tool is good
schism is my favourite song by them

Unlucky 13
July 30, 2004, 11:24 am
i'd listen to the noob_song, teh alwaz crakz me up!
"hey nooooooooooob, im like tottally gonna pwn yoooooooooooooooooooooou"
lol, if i was registered...

BlueEon
July 31, 2004, 4:30 am
Tool
A Perfect Circle
HIM
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
CKY
AFI
Rage Against The Machine
Nine Inch Nails
plenty More...
But Tool the most, cause Tool is the best.

_brother_cain_
August 3, 2004, 1:20 am
Bands I listen to in Winamp while I'm playing Soldat:
-Lynyrd Skynyrd (live [:-censored])
-Grand Funk Railroad
-The Used
-Disturbed
-Anti-Flag
-NOFX
-Tsunami Bomb
-Incubus (old [:-censored])
-Eve6
-Static-X
-Deftones
-AFI
-The Clash (live [:-censored])
-Eagles
-The Who (live [:-censored])
-and everything else that fits into the category of rock/alternative

And why do all you people list Tool and then praise Maynard, but don't put down his new band?

AerialAssault
August 4, 2004, 3:35 am
you mean aperfectcircle? yeah, i like apc alot too, but i just like tool better.

Major Pissant
August 20, 2004, 9:15 am

[/quote] u think of dimmu borgir as the greatest band ever? rofl, there just another band who makes music that sounds like static and people getting their intestines being pulled out from their mouth. Famine you taste in music is probably one of the best here. but seriously. i think Tool is the greatest band of our time.there not mainstream by any means, they get almost NO publicity. they have a very disticntive sound. and famine your gonna say, ohhhh but the guitar solos make the band. every [:-censored]ing guitar solo sounds the same.its proper usage of the guitar, and riffs that dont sound the same that are more important. maynards voice is what makes Tool great. if u look throughout history all the greatest musicians and bands have had a distinctive sound. and where does this come from? the voice of the vocalist. also read tools lyrics, but i suppose alot of u wont be able to understand with your low mental capacity. ok, im done (feel free to flame, i know im right)
[/quote]

Interesting point of view. I guess there are more then one side of the story. But I want to back blackspear up and say that Dimmu Borgir comes to mind among the first. And BTW I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dislike Famine and formerly mentioned persons taste of music. Because of this I have to say Ur not thinking straight or Ur doped up just for considering Famine as the person with the best taste here.

P.S I am not saying I have the best taste, I just don´t like Famines taste when it comes to music.

Anti-mff
July 18, 2005, 11:57 pm
Old topic but what the hell.. :)

I mostly listen to Slayer, Slipknot, Stone Sour, In Flames and Metallica.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 2:25 am
Black Label Society's "Fire It Up", MC Frontalot's "I Love (Please refrain from swearing)s", and Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner" are the three most recent tracks.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 19, 2005, 4:42 am
Why did you do that? Why is EVERYONE being retarded and bringing back topics from a year ago? harr harr so funny

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 6:41 am
i listen to slipknot and static-x a lot when im soldating..the knot pwns

reckon
July 19, 2005, 6:52 am
Pwns at sucking.

Green Barret
July 19, 2005, 7:22 am
Anti miff, please do not revive old topics. You will get flamed as it is against the rules, but more so because its annoying.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 7:05 pm
lol and Reckon what kind of music do you like? (IMHO,...i despise rap)

TheRelinquished
July 19, 2005, 7:23 pm
Modest Mouse. Always Modest Mouse. It's perfect, trust me.

lastpatriot
July 19, 2005, 7:44 pm
Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, War Music, Video Game music.