( search forums )
Inf_Berlin Wall - 90% beta , downloadable now!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Leo Da Lunerfox
April 28, 2004, 5:59 am
Hey, havn't done uploaded a map in a long time, so here is my new map, Inf_Berlin Wall, Scroll down for Screen shots

Name: Berlin Wall
Type: Inf reversed style/Protect teh VIP
Suggested players: 8 and above, the more, the better, because of large map size.
Waypointed: Yes, but bots hardly score for you.
Best played in: Realistic mode

History of the Berlin Wall: During the cold war, Berlin was divided by two main sides: Democratic, and communtist. During the 60s, the east(Communtist) Berlin started to fail economically, and many starved. Soon, many East Berliners escaped to West Berlin, where the conditions are better. The Soviets countered this, by creating a massive wall between the two sides to stop the migations. Many tried to get over still, and ended up being killed in the end.

Mission briefing: As a citizen who is still rich from your business, you were able to hire a few mercaneries to aid you in your escape. most will start from your house in the suburbs, while the rest will be stationed in various defence points. One of two Mercaneries will also parachute down to the rally point. All of them, in the end, will help you draw enough fire, so that you could have enough time to climb over the wall and reach safety. Timeing is critical, since most of the guards will respawn at the end, you must make it over the wall in a short time. Use the Terrain to your advantage, as there are many hiding places fit for an ambush or for cover.

Remember Snake, who made the map Inf_Stalingrad? My map is similar to his, having a person carry the flag reach a certain location to score. I also used his scenaries (I have asked for his permission already) to create an urban feel in the map.

Here is the map itself. The map is too big to upload in one zip file, so i'll seperate them in two.

I've finally found someone to host this file for me, scroll down for the map. Just in time for the mapping competition, but its a beta, so i don't expect mine to win anyways...

P.S: If there is someone who is generous enough to let me host the map on their site, that would be great too.

Here are some of the screenshots, keep in mind that these might not look as good as Stalingrad, but this is only a beta. The map is simply too big to fit into one overview, so i'll upload two.

http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/dcsoldat/BerlinWall.zip , download the map here!

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Overview1.jpg115.33 KB

and

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Overview2.jpg134.58 KB

The overview might not look like much, but most of the scenaries in the map are too small to see in overview mode, so i'll also give out some close shots:

Here is where the VIP start at:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Insertion Point.jpg27.5 KB

Soon, there will be a German guard post on top of a hill:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] First Bunker.jpg43.2 KB

Moving though the Berlin Museum:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Berlin Museum.jpg32.28 KB

A fight in the trenches:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Trench Fight.jpg32.33 KB

And heres me defending the bridge:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Bridge.jpg33.97 KB

This building provides a good sniper spot:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Sniper building.jpg40.82 KB

The above ground level, where the defence is hard.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Ground level.jpg27.17 KB

A lower Sewer level, try to figure out how to get in.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Sewer level.jpg48.78 KB

But, if enemies do decide to guard there, it will be very hard to escape alive.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Sewer choke point.jpg50.13 KB

The last building in the map, used as a rally point.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Factory building.jpg34.99 KB

The finishing dash towards the wall:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Final dash.jpg37.28 KB

Mission successful

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Success.jpg45.88 KB

The map should come soon, as I have already got someone to host the map for me, it should hopefully be ready to download in 2-3 days.

Again, the site is http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/dcsoldat/BerlinWall.zip . Download it today!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 28, 2004, 6:03 am
hmm...it would be nice if you didnt post here unless you have a screenshot or at least the map...

DrocK
April 28, 2004, 11:26 am
screenshot plz..

poyi19920624
April 28, 2004, 10:40 pm
He can't, he can't up load it. a 300 kb zip, nv see one of these before.... Just post a screen shot first.

Elephant_Hunter
April 29, 2004, 2:28 am
you don't have any large graphics in these zip files per chance??

Leo Da Lunerfox
April 29, 2004, 2:42 am
Yeah, I have some buildings that i need as sceneries in the map to create the urban feel. The total zip file itself is 750kb, but i've cut it down to 2 files of around 350.

Haro1121
April 30, 2004, 9:03 pm
wow thats alot of screenshots holy shiat damn looks like a decent map

Hitman
April 30, 2004, 10:00 pm
Meh, looks ok..

wormdundee
April 30, 2004, 11:52 pm
that one truck looks supremely screwy, and why is the lamp post able to be seen stuck into the ground

Dathker
May 1, 2004, 1:26 am
its looks nice for the most part, some of your scenery is kinda cheesy

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 1, 2004, 5:23 am
darn it, still no one is hosting of me...does anyone have any extra bandwidth to spare? ;) I have been thinking about those scenaries, and i am sure that some of them look kinda strange, that is because they are so hard to delete because of the overlapping scenaries. But I promise, by the time I'm finished with this beta, it would look better. And i repeat, will ANYONE host this for me?

Haro1121
May 1, 2004, 6:35 am
ask flies like a brick or Meandor they both got file hosting

Inquisitor
May 1, 2004, 5:52 pm
bad

Droopy
May 1, 2004, 7:16 pm
COOOOL!!!!!

Realy! Look's cool!
But i don't see no shadin'! What's up with that?

blackdevil0742
May 1, 2004, 8:34 pm
It looks cool can't wait

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 1, 2004, 10:42 pm
One of my weak points in mapping is the shading, i can do a damn fun map, but i still can't shade or make the Polygons look good. Btw, i found out a way to place Polygons behind the soldat, I used this skill to create the sewers, if you look at the sewer screenshot, try to guess how i did it. ;)

Gaso
May 1, 2004, 11:20 pm
Looking good, these ww2 map thing have been pretty popular lately, I like :P

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 12:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfox
One of my weak points in mapping is the shading, i can do a damn fun map, but i still can't shade or make the Polygons look good. Btw, i found out a way to place Polygons behind the soldat, I used this skill to create the sewers, if you look at the sewer screenshot, try to guess how i did it. ;)

Puts gun to Leos head tell us how you did it now! lol naw im just playin good question how did you do it?

Droopy
May 2, 2004, 6:06 pm
Yeah! TELL US! TELL US! TELL US!!!

Preaty please?

May 2, 2004, 6:55 pm
A wild guess, but... Did you compile the map, then delete the polys from the sewer, then save without compiling...?

damnnation
May 2, 2004, 7:35 pm
what mod is that ???

Droopy
May 2, 2004, 8:40 pm
WTF! Mod?

Alamo
May 2, 2004, 10:27 pm
... That map looks nice, but is there ANY connection the berlin wall? berlin neither was in ruins when the wall was built nor was it when the wall fell. WTF? There ain't any connection to berlin wall though it looks nice...

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 2, 2004, 11:56 pm
haha, i just wanna make East berlin look bad because it is commie hehe... As to how i got the Polygons to work behind the player, you'll get it once I upload the map up...i'm going to do it real soon...

Soulsnipa
May 3, 2004, 12:48 am
I can host it

Droopy
May 3, 2004, 7:40 pm
You already got hosts..
LOL

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 4, 2004, 2:00 am
Thank you SoulSnipa, btw, the map is finally up, the link is http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/dcsoldat/BerlinWall.zip , please comment on any bugs or problems, so i can finish up the map nice and pretty

Droopy
May 4, 2004, 5:50 pm
I'll look at it as I finnish with the forum! I got a bunch of topics to look at!
But I've downloaded it and you WILL get my comment!

EDIT: Someday that is..

peemonkey
May 8, 2004, 5:52 pm
you probably made the polys, then topok a screenshot, then made it into a scenery and put it behind. that's weak.

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 8, 2004, 7:51 pm
Lol, your right Peemonkey, but then, many people didn't know how to do it haha, so its not weak

peemonkey
May 8, 2004, 11:51 pm
if you got a imagination and a mapmaker, it's one of the first things to come up, is it not?

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 9, 2004, 1:40 am
well, a ton of people still doesn't know how to do it (Not saying that all you people lack imagination), so why not give out this tip to the community? Btw, has anyone tried my map yet? I need to know if there are any bugs and gameplay issues, so i can finish it