( search forums )
Finally Licenced to Drive :D
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
DeafBox
April 29, 2004, 5:27 am
I was sooooooo slack when it came to driving that its taken me ages to get my licence (P's).
But 2day its all over. U can get ur P's in Aus at 18 and im 19 going on 20, so ive been rather slack with it all.

During the warm up lesson with my instructor i was sucking some serious ass. Kept fukcing up the 3 point turn..... But on the test, when i had to do the 3 point turn i nailed it.
Then after the 20mins of driving u have to do this computer test. Where u have to spot the hazards and say when u would slow down and sh!t. I got 86% on that..... and im told to get 75% is like genius level....... hmmmmmm..... i think i fluked that.

So now i can drive the red shaggin wagon to the gym instead of the 20min walk it normally takes. What a magical day [B)]

gi.joe
April 29, 2004, 5:50 am
to the gym..

right...........

more like the cyber cafe

:P

BMF
April 29, 2004, 6:01 am
congrats

took me two attempts to pass the driving test, screwed up the parallel parking the first time. Since then, two years - accident free.

Captain RibMan
April 29, 2004, 9:00 am
im too lazy to get my licence, i can drive but i cant be funked taking the test

gi.joe
April 29, 2004, 9:52 am
pfft im already on my full

Snipedmyself
April 29, 2004, 10:19 am
shaggin waggin! where did u jack that from?

?
April 29, 2004, 9:00 pm
I accidently ran a red light on my first test because I didn't see the light turn to red from yellow. I aced it on my second test though. No red lights run or anything now, and since I finally got a job when I get my frist paycheck I can fix up my 1972 bug(superbug).

palloco
April 29, 2004, 9:25 pm
I had 2 accidents in 3 months :P, but none of my fault (well, officially, I would have avoided them if I werent doubling max speed allowed). 1 year free of accidents, I had learnt the lesson.

DeafBox
April 30, 2004, 2:42 am
After that post, i drove to the gym (not the cyber cafe :P) and it was my first drive by myself, in the wagon. So i drove was abit nervous but it was all fine. I parked, np's and grab my bag and head into the gym. I always take my bag with towel and valuables and chuck it in a locker. (including the car keys)
Long story short, at some point of my gyming i managed too lose the key to the locker... When i realise, i fcuking sh!t myself. Who ever picked the key up could of opened the locker, as the number is on the key, taken all my stuff (wallet, phone) and taken the car!!!!! (its not my car, its my parents!!!!!) :S

So after sh!ting myself, i asked up at the desk and someone has handed in the key *phew* :S
I later was told by my folks that the car wasnt registered for me to drive, so if it was knicked... yeah.... *phew*

Anyway, fcuk me im so glad Aussies a generally good honest ppl. Yeah, so its a sh!t day out and driving to the gym is looking like a very good option. :)

April 30, 2004, 2:56 am
(cries to self while going to the bus stop)

BMF
April 30, 2004, 3:13 am
DeafBox, nobody would steal a beat up old van

gi.joe
April 30, 2004, 5:20 am
quote:im so glad Aussies a generally good honest ppl.

lol deaf.. with all the Nz'ers goin over there.. them days are numbered

DeafBox
May 1, 2004, 2:17 am
Yeah, suppose so the wagon actually is in decent condition.... besides the massive bird crap on the left door.

quote:lol deaf.. with all the Nz'ers goin over there.. them days are numbered
Lets hope they leave thier sheep at home......

?
May 1, 2004, 2:23 am
I met an Austrlian guy at work last week, he seemed really cool.

gi.joe
May 1, 2004, 6:27 am
thats what he wants u to think... but when u are least expecting it... WHAM!!!

right up the but

Captain RibMan
May 1, 2004, 6:59 am
yeah its sick like that

societies_punishment
May 1, 2004, 7:21 am
dude why dont you just walk to the gym becuase you will be getting extra exercise!! it's a great idea.[:D]

Oh and no matter how honest aussies or anyone can be you should always lock your sh!t up ... to keep an honest man honest.

I almost have my licence here in canada we have this 3 year G system crap, I have my G1 which lets me drive only with a 4 year expericed driver, I will have my G2 soon ... which is the same thing as the full lincence pretty much, it's about time I got it, I'm fuking 20 in sept. I should have got it 4 years ago!! [V]

Later I will post a picture of the Punishmentmobile

It's a ford taurus, 3.8, 6 cylinder... not my first choice for a car but it's not that bad ... and I got it for free!!!

all it's needs is a safty done, an Emission test, I think I'll need front shocks, probly breaks, a fan belt and a paint job I'm gonna get it coloured Black with a Gold pearl [8D] should cost me about 500 dollars to get it on the road thats really kewl

Hey lets all post a picture of our vehicals ... if you have one.... and a camera too

gi.joe
May 1, 2004, 10:01 am
hey lets not!

Happy Camper
May 1, 2004, 7:01 pm
i have ben driving for almost a year by myself, and i am only 16, i love USA, exsept the dam high drinking law, 21 to drink GET OVER YOUR SELF U.S! I AM STILL GONNA DRINK!!(but not drink and drive, for that is bad.)

DeafBox
May 2, 2004, 2:58 am
quote:dude why dont you just walk to the gym becuase you will be getting extra exercise!! it's a great idea.
Yeah, a few things with that. Firstly im slack and sometimes the walk will put me off going. Also if its raining or really hot which it can be in Aus its going to be great to drive. The other thing is im trying to build muscle so im actively avoiding all cardio work. Im told (by personal trainers at the gym) that the sweat and weight u burn off is counter productive to the muscle fibres ur trying to put on.... not that walking would make me sweet that much.. but still

Man, i wish i could post a pic of the wagon up :(

quote:exsept the dam high drinking law, 21 to drink
Yeah its 18 in Aus. But its also highly acceptable for kids to drink at like 16-17. I know my parents would by me burbon and coke (woodstock :S) when i was like 16.

BMF
May 2, 2004, 5:54 am
I drive a Ford Taurus 2004, the car is a freaking tank.

By the way Taurus does not come with a 3.8, nice try tho.

gi.joe
May 2, 2004, 8:07 am
BMF, always out to put people down...

for shame...

KnOt
May 2, 2004, 2:20 pm
..thanks for sharing..

BMF
May 2, 2004, 4:50 pm
I just said that Taurus does not come with a 3.8, I dont think Ford ever had a 3.8 engine. 3.8 V6 is a popular GM engine for Impalas, Luminas and many Pontiacs. I know because I used to drive one.