( search forums )
Allow banning netwrok IP's not just Class C
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Askur
April 29, 2004, 10:56 am
Just a minor idea. Allow me to edit the banlist.txt and add an * behind the last number of the IP to ban all computers from that network.
Its amazing how often people join my server and start shouting out insults. Eventualy I look at the computer an notice that 50% of the players are gone and some idiot is offering free sex if you press ctrl+alt+delete.
Well I ban that person. But that person has access to a whole network due to some reasons or another (I have access to my unis network, maybe their kindergarten has a network running) and keeps popping in with a different IP because he keeps switching computers.

The way I've solved this is creating a little for-loop which just generate 254 different class C ip's and paste them all into the banlist.txt and I dont even know if that really works or whether the kids just decided to bother someone else. But I just find that annoying.

P.S. Can we also get some godlike powers like forcing brutalkill on other players rather than kicking them. (I know its a stupid idea, but one can dream!)

Michal Marcinkowski
April 29, 2004, 11:25 am
Good idea I'll try to implement it.

Force /brutalkill too ;))

Askur
April 29, 2004, 1:52 pm
Whoopee!