( search forums )
I got a problem.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
M
April 30, 2004, 6:37 pm
Ok this is the problem.
I got a ADSL before one month and sometimes i got a problem that says.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
and also

stop: 0X000000D1 and all kind of craps messages and it blames ndis.sys.

Do you know what is this problem?

It happens alot wehn i start a multiplayer game that receaves alot of megabytes at once and this blue window appears. :(

I even asked those who isntalled me this modem and they ddin't know what it is. I even reinstalled the modem 100 times and it still does that.

Help.

SuperKill
April 30, 2004, 7:03 pm
windows xp
EEEEEEEEEECKSSSPPPPPIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH

b00stA
April 30, 2004, 7:18 pm
Update the drivers / protocols? :/
You could search for the file ndis.sys and check what folder it's in..

google shows me a lot of topics about blue screens with ndis.sys etc. just see for yourself
"it turned out to be norton antivirus 2002 conflicting with windows xp.. Upgraded to 2003. and problem fixed." (URL)
some blame the nvidia, some say it's the network card etc.

M
April 30, 2004, 7:54 pm
Well i don't have norton anti virus but i still get this problem. Do you think anything else can cause it?

morpheus
April 30, 2004, 9:12 pm
it seems like something is trying to share the same irq with your network card

Shyo
May 1, 2004, 1:16 am
I have exactly the same problem, but not that often.. it appears if my computer runs very long, is very much used and has a big network .. traffic. (e.g. if I run it with all my file-sharing-programs the whole night..)

M
May 1, 2004, 7:51 am
Well to me happens when i try to play online games like MTA VC (Or GTA) on some server it doesn't happens on some others it happens. And that pisses me off. And also wehnever i try to play Vice city stunt it happens the same. :(

b00stA
May 1, 2004, 10:13 am
quote:Originally posted by morpheus

Yep, someone said that you plug out all cards except one, run your computer, see if it works. Plug in the next card etc. and check which card causes the problem.
but I don't know anything about IRQ etc. so I don't know what to do after that..

M
May 1, 2004, 10:19 am
Well all i know it is the modem. I don't think it is anyhting else.

morpheus
May 1, 2004, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
quote:Originally posted by morpheus

Yep, someone said that you plug out all cards except one, run your computer, see if it works. Plug in the next card etc. and check which card causes the problem.
but I don't know anything about IRQ etc. so I don't know what to do after that..

to check the irq of a piece of hardware, go to your device manager and right click what you want to check, then click properties. a box will pop up listing the device's settings (input/output range, memory range, irq) at the bottom it'll show any conflicting devices. the only problem with this is, even though it may show some devices have no conflicts, you can still have a buffer over run problem. example: 2 devices share the same irq and don't conflict, but the buffer becomes full because of to much data flow, and you get an error. this is pretty common when a network card shares the same irq with something else that requires a lot of data flow, like a video card.

one way to correct this is to disable anything under network adapters that you don't need (l2pt, pppoe, pptp, etc...), or try changing your network card to different settings (input/output range, memory range, irq) to alleviate the buffer over run.

The Cr4cK
May 1, 2004, 7:51 pm
Every escape from this thread! its mine now! anyone staying here will be... i dont know... something... go away u puffs

bucky_brad
May 1, 2004, 8:13 pm
die crack

M
May 1, 2004, 8:37 pm
Shut up crack this is mine thread. Go away and create one for you.

And Morpheus i will try that.