( search forums )
Realistic > Normal.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
LazehBoi
May 1, 2004, 3:31 pm
Why does everyone play Normal mode? Realistic mode is for the true Soldat player yet everyone just uses Barrets and M79s.
Make realistic popular! at least try it out.

palloco
May 1, 2004, 3:47 pm
So everyone will use their weapon as a barret? C'mon

Chakra
May 1, 2004, 3:55 pm
Real mode is great, until the entire server turns ruger.... Fact is though, there just ain't anyone brave enough to leave a few dedicated servers on Real Mode for a while. Would be quite interesting if DNA did it for a while though, could revive the interest for us.

BlackSpear
May 1, 2004, 4:13 pm
I personaly prefer realistic over normal also, but most people do not seem to think the same way...

LazehBoi
May 1, 2004, 4:20 pm
Too bad i'm in Australia, theres hardly any good Realistic servers in my area, i just wish that Realistic mode was much more popular, Normal mode has turned too boring because of all the barretards.

kevith
May 1, 2004, 4:26 pm
I played a lot of realistic when I started but it just isn't as popular anymore. I can't say that I prefer one over the other, because I like them both about equally. I think it's funny how when you're in a realistic server, people always join and say "pff realistic? I'm outta here." It's almost as funny as when people join a barret-less server and go "no barret? I can't play without my precious barret." Cowards...

LazehBoi
May 1, 2004, 4:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by kevith
I think it's funny how when you're in a realistic server, people always join and say "pff realistic? I'm outta here." It's almost as funny as when people join a barret-less server and go "no barret? I can't play without my precious barret." Cowards...

Me too, i just wish something could be done about it, Theres no good realistic servers online and when you start one, rarely does a person come in and play, unless your using Zombies (Fear my leat zombie hunting skills!) and even that gets boring after a while.
I wonder if there was anything i could do to make Realistic much more popular.

Shyo
May 1, 2004, 4:41 pm
well, without real mode, there is no point in playing infiltration.. I think a good, lagless, real mode-infiltration would be very popular.. almost all real inf servers are quite laggy

Toni_Cicerelli
May 1, 2004, 5:53 pm
I host servers more than I join, and it?s always real mode. Whether its death match with berrets and knifes or infiltration in INF_warehouse. It?s a joy to play. And I have been play real mode so exclusively I now can get owned by easy bots in normal. I just never fire enough rounds. lol

Its true not enough people play real mode. I have seen noobs get pissed at me for "Disappearing". I get accused of cheating all the time. We need a "Get Real" Campaign.

SuperKill
May 1, 2004, 6:00 pm
oh man real mode sucks

PINK
May 1, 2004, 6:06 pm
i remember when RM was the only mode i played, back in 1.1.3, but after 1.1.4, i kinda died out, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!

i would help with the "Get Real" thing any way i could.

Shyo
May 1, 2004, 6:16 pm
I can maybe soon host a dedicated 100mb server.. but only maybe =/

DrocK
May 1, 2004, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
oh man real mode sucks

thanks for telling what i was about to say

May 1, 2004, 6:43 pm
Real mode is great!
When you play against bots, you no longer have the advantage of being able to see through polys, and barret users can be easily surprised if you leap out from behind a rock, as they can't see you! JOY!

Gaso
May 1, 2004, 7:18 pm
Graa , I think that real mode is quite boring just jump around ruger and shoot once = dööden. I prefer normal mode also cuz u can jump more around with m79 without dying to fall damage etc...

wert21
May 1, 2004, 7:26 pm
I don't like realistic, it's too easy to kill...ruger is a 4x barret. And if ff is switched on, lots of noobs teammates kill you.

Veronica
May 1, 2004, 7:59 pm
I see plenty of realistic servers when I play and sure I do enjoy realistic with my eagles and knife. Rugers aren't really a problem, but I guess some just always have to find stuff to complain at. Up the realistic mode!

blackdevil0742
May 1, 2004, 8:05 pm
I love the realistic mode

Aquarius
May 1, 2004, 8:52 pm
oh man real mode sucks

barreter

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 12:34 am
lol i love sneaking up behind barettards with knife and stabbing them =D

LazehBoi
May 2, 2004, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Gaso
Graa , I think that real mode is quite boring just jump around ruger and shoot once = dööden. I prefer normal mode also cuz u can jump more around with m79 without dying to fall damage etc...

As opposed to normal when you just jump around with Barrets and shoot once = kill? You can do all that stuff with a m79 just it's not MENT for that. For the people who hate realistic, explain why.

BMF
May 2, 2004, 2:28 am
Real mode is for real men

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 2:39 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF

very well sum'ed up and put BMF

Jap_man
May 2, 2004, 3:38 am
Realistic mode is WAY better than crappy normal mode.
There's not enough Realistic servers (In Australia at least).
IT's a wonder why nobody plays Realistic and instead play normal mode.
Normal mode isn't as fun as realistic, it's just: Spawn, see someone, shoot, kill, die, spawn etc.
It's just the same boring repitition (at least in Death match), where as in realistic mode you have to use your skill at hiding or sneaking up on enemies etc.
But just to summurise every thing uo:
WE NEED MORE REALISTIC SERVERS (Especially in Australaisia

Silent-Thunder
May 2, 2004, 3:47 am
you said it BMF takes skill to play cautiously, yeah im talking to you m79 kamikaze pigs.

Happy Camper
May 2, 2004, 4:33 am
i am a m79 kamikazi pig........but i still love Real Mode with all my heart.

Spectral
May 2, 2004, 4:40 am
i dislike real mode for there's more guns that can kill with just one shot. and i find the losing health when you hit the ground to be inconsistent. like i could be gliding on the ground and lose health

Jap_man
May 2, 2004, 4:59 am
You know spectral all you need to do when falling to the ground is to use the jet thingy about half a second b4 you hit the ground. I never had a problem with Falling damage, Though i must admit falling damage is probably a bit too high.

Hova
May 2, 2004, 5:11 am
Jap read what he said about that carefully. He said it was inconsistant.

"and i find the losing health when you hit the ground to be inconsistent. like i could be gliding on the ground and lose health"

Me, Its 50/50. Its fun to play, but too easy to kill at times (and I'm a n00b). Some guns I choose can kill with one hit.

LazehBoi
May 2, 2004, 5:37 am
But think, this is REALISTIC! Going at high speeds, no matter what angle would hurt you in real life, and having a blast smashing you into a wall would break your ribs! So it's not really inconsistant, it's just a little "too" Realistic.

Jap_man
May 2, 2004, 5:49 am
Um Lazeh i think they were meaning by eg: you could fall from a certain distance and you'd loose like 50% of your health though you could glide in a bumpy map like storm or some parts of arena and loose like 20 or 30 % of your health. Thus making the falling damager inconsistent

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 6:14 am
yah i have to agree thats the only thing i dont like about realistic falling damage sucks u run and Boom almost dead

DrocK
May 2, 2004, 7:13 am
quote:Originally posted by wert21
I don't like realistic, it's too easy to kill...ruger is a 4x barret. And if ff is switched on, lots of noobs teammates kill you.

dont forget is too easy to die too, like flying and u just ignore the landing and u die..

Jap_man
May 2, 2004, 7:29 am
But sometimes it's the players fault for loosing a tonne of health from Falling damage, eg. They didn't use the jet for a smooth landing (unless your playing lagrange).

LazehBoi
May 2, 2004, 8:09 am
quote:Originally posted by DrocK
quote:Originally posted by wert21

dont forget is too easy to die too, like flying and u just ignore the landing and u die..

Exactly, Easy killing, easy dying, they balance eachother out. I bet the people who say it sucks are just nothing but Barretards who prefer using it as a close combat/ Aeiral weapon.
I don't see how it's inconsistent... you take falling damage, you need to practice using your jets more.

Jap_man
May 2, 2004, 8:14 am
Nicely put LAzeh nicely put.

DrocK
May 2, 2004, 8:31 am
i just dont play real mode "like never" but if i find this good server thats in realistic i have no problem to play it.. but i rather play the normal one [:P]

Jap_man
May 2, 2004, 8:36 am
I'm ALMOST the oposite to you, i hardly ever play normal, but if i find a good server i'll keep playing.

Aquarius
May 2, 2004, 9:35 am
Realistic Infiltration is the most tactical mode in Soldat. I love it.

palloco
May 2, 2004, 10:13 am
The most tactical mode in soldat is realistic survival FF inf, and therefore the most boring.

b00stA
May 2, 2004, 10:41 am
Dunno if someone already mentioned it, but it sucks when your teammate hits you with LAW/M79/grenade and you hit the ground and die.
Otherwise realistic mode rocks.

Blizzard
May 2, 2004, 11:29 am
Realistic more would indeed rock if Ruger wasn't that überly powerful.
Ruger is even more trouble / whoring in realistic than Barret is in normal mode. That's the main reason I hate realistic most and thus I won't play in it.

SuperKill
May 2, 2004, 11:54 am
"Realistic Infiltration is the most tactical mode in Soldat. I love it."

tactical mode rofl
clicking on your right mouse button before touching the ground, exciting.
at all the morons complaining about the barret in normal server, shut the f*ck up, you got a barret with 2 shots per secoend on real mode (ruger..duh) everything else is like 3 headshot bullets to kill "wow thats hard"

Aquarius
May 2, 2004, 12:40 pm
"Realistic Infiltration is the most tactical mode in Soldat. I love it."

tactical mode rofl
clicking on your right mouse button before touching the ground, exciting.
Please, don't show your ignorance again, we know it already.

> "wow thats hard"

It is hard to keep alive.

palloco
May 2, 2004, 2:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by barretard
I am not a barretard becuz I use ruger and I can camp 4 guys at once

If you want tactics go play chess. Soldat is mainly an action game.

DrocK
May 2, 2004, 4:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
quote:Originally posted by barretard
I am not a barretard becuz I use ruger and I can camp 4 guys at once

If you want tactics go play chess. Soldat is mainly an action game.

true true./

Askur
May 2, 2004, 4:54 pm
I havent read this topic for more than three posts and I'm not going to enter any argument over why realistic mode is way better than normal mode. That's my personal opinion and I can give good reasons for why it is my opinion. But if you find normal mode better than obviously we have different ideas on soldat and soldat skills and there's no reasoning going to change that. It's like the pro-life vs. pro-choice both sides have pretty much been brainwashed to totaly ignore the other sides arguments and are therefore doomed into an eternal conflict.. blah blah blah blah blah blah.

But I noticed this message saying that no onde was brave enough to leave their server on realistic mode for some time. So I just wanted to point out my server,

It's called "Smoke and Mirrors" and it's current ip is 130.208.143.49:23073 this IP is not fixed however and it's not open all the time because I'm using my university network while my Router at home is out of comission due to a coffee accident.

It's realistic CtF with FF on. Time and score limit is set to 10 and respawn to 5 seconds. All the default maps loop there and I take a glance at the status every now and then to make the server give idiotic server announcemnts.. cause I'm in exams now and studying just sucks.

Plan is to make it a permanent server and to give admin access to any decent realistic player who shows that he's responsible enough just to con them into spending more time on the server and making it a better environment for everyone. But this will only happen once I fix my router and move my computer away from my nightstand or buy a new CPU cooling system.

Just in case you are interested...

BMF
May 2, 2004, 5:01 pm
Sounds promising

Askur
May 2, 2004, 5:07 pm
There's no one there now though.. as you know. And it will stay like that while no one stays around for more than a second.

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 7:25 pm
OMG FINALLY A REALISTIC SERVER UP ALL THE TIME!!!!

May 2, 2004, 7:31 pm
Friendly fire... I'll pass, thanks very much.

Askur
May 2, 2004, 7:42 pm
It's not up all the time yet. But that's the plan. It also stays dead alot of the time as people just leave as soon as they see that no one is there and alot of people (including me) put their filter on "Do not show full or empty servers".

Nice to see people from the forums checking in for a second or two though. You're always welcome.

May 2, 2004, 7:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Haro1121
OMG FINALLY A REALISTIC SERVER UP ALL THE TIME!!!!

Um, does the Sith Soldiers Clan Server ring a bell?

Askur
May 2, 2004, 7:52 pm
I like the Sith Soldiers... for some reason they sometimes show up on my server.

Finik
May 4, 2004, 8:52 am

Agree.

DT
May 4, 2004, 1:37 pm
I don't pay it cuz of the damn outragous fall damage... i'm climing up a slope and i die all of a sudden.... i HATE that... and the recoil is alit annoying... to much I think... but thats just me...

Mooscu
May 4, 2004, 4:00 pm
I think that realistic mode is better than normal, but why there is no cluster bombs? They are realistic, or is it too good? Somebody said in this topic, that fall damage is bad. IF YOU FALL from high place. simply use your rocket shoes. It is easy. Hmm... In realistic mode Ruger is too powerfull. I think that, that there`s no Clusters and ruger is too powerfull are only bad things in realistic mode.
(Maybe that there`s no bonuses, like Flame god are bad, but in normal game is very, very unusual that you get bonus like Flame god, so that`s not very bad thing)

GluLm
May 4, 2004, 6:56 pm
I like the Realistic mode better than the Normal mode, but I also agree with b00stA about collisions against walls when you get propelled by an explosion. It could be fixed by Michal eventually...

kevith
May 4, 2004, 7:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mooscu
why there is no cluster bombs? Cluster grenades are a bonus (like predator, flame god, berserker, and vest).

LazehBoi
May 5, 2004, 11:47 am
quote:Originally posted by GluLm

I like the Realistic mode better than the Normal mode, but I also agree with b00stA about collisions against walls when you get propelled by an explosion. It could be fixed by Michal eventually...

I posted this before, :/. I don't agree, because if you got rammed into a wall by a explosion, of course you would die, or at least a few broken ribs but that still leaves you incapacitated to kill people and fire a gun right? remember: REALISTIC.

Btw nice avatar ^.^

Askur
May 5, 2004, 1:14 pm
I used to get pissed off about the falling/wall-hit damage but it makes perfect sense that if you are propelled into a hard object by an explosion you die. The only thing that pises me off is flying into the ceilling and dying.. but that hasn't happened to my in a while so... im happy.

BlackSpear
May 5, 2004, 2:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Askur
The only thing that pises me off is flying into the ceilling and dying.. but that hasn't happened to my in a while so... im happy.

but it looks fun if you see it happen to someone else, rofl

Aquarius
May 5, 2004, 2:36 pm
> The only thing that pises me off is flying into the ceilling and dying

It is not because of the fall damage, some ceilings kills in Soldat (are death polys).

Askur
May 5, 2004, 2:54 pm
Then how come it never happens to me in normal mode?
If they're damage polies I can see why as you have reduced health in realistic but death should kill you whether you are in realistic or not.

But whatever.. doesn't matter at all. I'd just rather post than study.

kevith
May 5, 2004, 5:08 pm
I get killed all the time by those death ceiling polys in b2b because of an explosion sending me up there.

Toni_Cicerelli
May 6, 2004, 1:38 am
I think the whole leathel wall thing has to do with the non-slip coating on the pollys.

Sutul Likrevo
May 19, 2004, 7:56 pm
Heh I also play only in real mode. And it's true than it's hard to kill someone with ruger , but it isn't impossible. Deserts are almost as good as ruger...blah, almost every gun can be a lethal weapon in hands of good player ;]. I use AK-47 and I cannot say it's to weak to kill few ruger-guys. But I have to agree , that real isn't too popular. Am morning there are sometimes only 2-3 players... or there isn't anyone :]. But...(again[8D]) try to play on evening , 20 - 40 players at least :).

773D
May 19, 2004, 8:04 pm
Real Mode, huh..

..never tried it.

DT
May 19, 2004, 9:02 pm
I don't play Realistic mode cuz of the crazy fall damage and the damn recoil.

Shyo
May 19, 2004, 9:24 pm
the falling damage is way to high

Aquarius
May 19, 2004, 10:21 pm
Lear to use JB.

DeMonIc
June 1, 2004, 4:16 pm
Real ownz... i'm maybe saying that cuz i was a big CS fan anno...brings back memories =D
I have 2 agree, that real isn't very popular.Maybe cuz the most of the new players see barreting in normal mode: they're 1st contact with real mode is a guy rugering them.They take that as a turbo barret, and soon as they find out it's harder 2 use, they will go back to normal mode, and be barretards.That's what I noticed.

DizzyTea
June 2, 2004, 3:01 pm
i used to only play real mode, but hardly anyone played it so i switched to norm , but i find it hard playing bolth , i have to get used to sumthing and stick with it

Kazuki
June 2, 2004, 3:45 pm
I guess it kind of depends on how you play the game. There are those that go steadily and carefully, and there are those that follow my style of gameplay, which would be to attack as fast as possible and basically 'slash' through people. In other words, "Speed is power." Well, in the case of realistic mode, I would have too much to look out for conciously, and just wouldn't be able to handle it all. Overwhelming.

blackdevil0742
June 2, 2004, 3:59 pm
Real mode ROCKS!!!

wood
June 2, 2004, 7:47 pm
each mode has its pro's and con's, but ultimately normal mode is more popular for a reason...

my biggest complaint with real mode is the [:-censored]ing jitteryness of the auto's. i dont know who taught michal "gun physics", but whoever it was needs to be beaten

in real life, when you fire an auto it does have some recoil and can be hard to control, but its nothing like what real-mode makes it out to be

holding down the fire button with mp5, my dude does a complete 90 degree change. you can start shooting at your feet, and by the time the clip is empty, you'll be shooting the clouds.

THATS F*CKING RIDICULOUS.

i dont care what you say, but if you want real mode to be more popular, program with some sense of physics ffs.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 2, 2004, 8:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by wood
each mode has its pro's and con's, but ultimately normal mode is more popular for a reason...

my biggest complaint with real mode is the [:-censored]ing jitteryness of the auto's. i dont know who taught michal "gun physics", but whoever it was needs to be beaten

in real life, when you fire an auto it does have some recoil and can be hard to control, but its nothing like what real-mode makes it out to be

holding down the fire button with mp5, my dude does a complete 90 degree change. you can start shooting at your feet, and by the time the clip is empty, you'll be shooting the clouds.

THATS F*CKING RIDICULOUS.

i dont care what you say, but if you want real mode to be more popular, program with some sense of physics ffs.

Use bursts(mp5 and steyer) or in shoot semi mode(AK and m249) when u use autos so u can adjust your aim and it goed fine.

Only thing i dont like about real mode is the overpowred ruger and bugs in the fall damage.

BlackSpear
June 3, 2004, 12:42 pm
why is everyone always complaining about the "overpowerd" ruger, the deagels are actualy mutch more overpowerd couse 1 headshot also kills you and it has a mutch quicker fire rate and a bigger clip
but if you shoot good you can kill anyone before they can shoot 2 ruger bullets (yeah I know that 1 is enough if they are shooting good, but still...)

Askur
June 3, 2004, 1:13 pm
Wood: Have you fired an automatic weapon in full automatic mode? I haven't so I wouldnt know, but I imagine that people use burst fire in reality for a reason. This 'ridiculous' recoil servers the purpose of forcing you to burst with automatic weapons and there's a good reason for it.

BlackSpear: Deagles aren't more overpowered than, say, the MP5, or the AK-74.. they fire alot faster and have een bigger clips. Remember, one headshot kills. It's a matter of prefernece. In the end it all comes down to who was expecting the other one.. if he's good he gets a headshot in and wins the skirmish if he fails in this nobody can say who will die and the one who wins will be severly beaten...

I love realistic...

LazehBoi
June 3, 2004, 2:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear
why is everyone always complaining about the "overpowerd" ruger, the deagels are actualy mutch more overpowerd couse 1 headshot also kills you and it has a mutch quicker fire rate and a bigger clip
but if you shoot good you can kill anyone before they can shoot 2 ruger bullets (yeah I know that 1 is enough if they are shooting good, but still...)

Damn! I've been found out ;)
Still, i use the deagles sometimes and it makes me slightly less... Have you thought of the ruger speed? they could decapitate you before you could even take a shot if they were an experienced rugertard.

I've found that people on normal servers complain that everything else is a one hit kill, but doesn't that make it more difficult? And if it's harder than what you are normally doing, doesn't it make you... better? you would have more to brag about :D

wood
June 3, 2004, 3:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Askur
Wood: Have you fired an automatic weapon in full automatic mode? I haven't so I wouldnt know, but I imagine that people use burst fire in reality for a reason. This 'ridiculous' recoil servers the purpose of forcing you to burst with automatic weapons and there's a good reason for it.

Askur: I have fired an MP5 on a few ocassions, and i understand the "burst" mentality that you speak of. However, i have held my finger down on the trigger and emptied an entire clip without releasing, and sorry to say, there were no bullet holes in the ceeling. Thats because fully automatic guns live by the same rules of physics that we, humans, live by i.e. - gravity, velocity [:-bonc01]

it might not be the best way to fire the gun, but it is still possible, and the way real mode portrays it is anything but correct. [:-crazy]

Askur
June 3, 2004, 6:16 pm
Aww.. I wanna empty an MP5! Goddamn Americans with fancy guns all over the place [:D]

But imagine how easy it would be to get a headshot if the recoil was smooth and small. You just aim at the feet, hold the mousebutton and you get a headshot eventualy... kinda ruins the game if you ask me.

Deleted User
June 3, 2004, 6:36 pm
[ot]
Here in finland every man has to go to army for 6 months. Thats why almost everyone fires a gun on some point of life. :D
[/ot]

ssjtrunks32
June 4, 2004, 7:03 am
All you people who are complaining about fall damage are missing the point. Run/skip damage is borked, yes. But fall damage is low, if anything at all.

Imagine each Soldat char is maybe 6 feet tall. Falling from something relatively "small" in the game, such from the top of the building in Inf-Warehouse, is easily at least 20 sprite lengths. Imagine falling 120 feet without jetboots and being taken down to "half health".

My two cents.

Boer
June 5, 2004, 1:34 pm
i think real mode can be improved upon by making the damage % like this:
head : > 150 %
torso : 100 %
leg : < 50 %.
and real mode is better, more soldier skill involved eg. hiding,stealth! that is wat realsoliers do, OUTSMART their opponents!

YourPetMonkey
June 6, 2004, 8:22 pm
Yeah, I want an explanation why 'omg it suxors deh so much'. I enjoy it. It is awesome to sneak up behind people and feed them their liver on the tip of your blade. And, it's like real war, except for the jet packs in the feet thing. If you jumped off of a 30 foot cliff, would you live? Not likely.

CK
June 8, 2004, 6:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by YourPetMonkey
I enjoy it. It is awesome to sneak up behind people and feed them their liver on the tip of your blade.

Well said!!! I'm still giggling about the choice of words there. Then again, I'm 15...[:P]

Back on topic, I actually quite enjoy RM, especially with my specially designed team bots... us four versus them ten, with FF on INF_Warehouse. The recoil is as good (read: natural) as you could expect it to be from a game, the falling damage does need a little tweaking (that bit in the access tunnel under INF_Warehouse where if going from right to left, ie. being a pansy and avoiding a fight, you die as soon as you hit it), the one-shot-kill Ruger is just one more obstacle to overcome when practicing RM. Think of it as quadrupled bragging rights for owning an experienced Barretard on Normal mode (more than quadrupled, now that I think about it, but let's not do the math, eh?). Also the Line of Sight makes RM (especially in INF) a very tactical game (yes, I know Soldat was built for action, but it gives a nice little Bond/MGS/Navy SEALS feeling to the game).

I don't remember who said that the most tactical mode (INF with RM, Survival and FF on) was the most boring, but I do partially agree with that statement. Survival is one of the most annoying options out there (though I can see how it would be useful for Elimination tournaments), and with RM on it's even easier to get dead and stay that way for a good while, but the skill needed to jack the blue team's flag and haul ass outta there, back to base, preferably wasting a few blues on the way, all while taking care not to break your legs falling off any precipices, is rather boastaboutable (<= new word).

All of this IMHO of course.

CK

Askur
June 8, 2004, 7:57 pm
Ooh! Ooh! Two new posters who love real.
My kind of people.

BlackSpear
June 9, 2004, 10:04 pm
I also love realistic.....
if only there where more realistic DM servers :P

Jap_man
June 10, 2004, 1:05 pm
Hey BlackSpear,
I'm in a worse case, I live in Australia, has no fast servers. And even if there is nobody joins it.
Atleast in Eurpe you have some fast servers.

LazehBoi
June 10, 2004, 1:07 pm
Wow, i'm surpised that this amount of people like Realistic Mode, yet there are max 5 servers.

Ah, i'm in the same local area as my friend Jap_Man. It does suck quite badly to not have any Realistic Servers in our country.
Perhaps i can try and make one.

DeMonIc
June 10, 2004, 2:43 pm
Hmm, Smoke and Mirrors is D best real in europe, but there aren't always ppl in it, and sometimes I get connection problems, and every1 gets [:-censored]ed out of the server... BTW:
REAL OWNZ!!!!!

Askur
June 10, 2004, 2:49 pm
I know, for some reason (I just whatched this happen) my router disconnected the entire LAN from the WAN and I had no IP for 5 seconds. This happens about thrice per day but usualy only when I'm running the server. Then the server also seems to do some funky [:-censored] every now and then which I just don't know what is. It's like he changes the port registered in the Lobby or my router changes the port he forwards to my IP. But it's nice to see you are pleased.

But this constant annoying disconnections are probably the reason the server doesn't always have people. But I've found that if you stick around for 3 minutes most of the time others join in. People just don't see the server cause they filter out empty/full servers.

Joakim Christiansen
June 10, 2004, 10:08 pm
I LOVE realistic mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hanayo
June 11, 2004, 2:42 pm
ive been member of 2 realistic mode clans, but thats LONG time ago.
I still love it but there r just a few clans and no league or ladders ... [:(!]

btw. Lord_of_the_Dark_Forces started an irc-channel for realmode lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#soldat.realmode (qnet)

Droopy
June 11, 2004, 4:58 pm
I play both modes altho I prefer normal couse it's easier to play and you don't get stupid cheater saying n00b's on your server.

If I come across a RM server I join couse I know that there's gona be pro's and manly man on teh server!

As for the no barret servers. I don't realy like them. I usualy say: "no barret? Ahh well.." And choose AK or something.
The thing with barretards is that they get used of the reload and the 1 shot 1 kill thing. I'm trying to stick with the autos now. But I used to be like that.. That was my story... Let's pass the mike to the next person.

Spectral
June 11, 2004, 5:50 pm
RM has never appealed to me, the damage when you land seems inconsistent, and I am simply too lazy to get used to the auto aiming :P

Rocksicle
June 13, 2004, 2:04 pm
Agreed.[^]

Smeep
June 13, 2004, 9:24 pm
Whoa. Hello there, I'm a newb, wahey.

Anyway, I think you people all are forgetting one major fact about this game.

It's for HAVING FUN. It doesn't matter whether or not you love or loath real mode, or whether or not you love or loath the sniper rifle. I played both modes over my lan, (only just found out about this game a couple of days ago) and yes, I'm partial to the sniper rifle (barret? right?) but I wouldn't mind being with out it because I also like to use the spas.

Basically, the idea I'm saying is stop arguing over which mode is better, because it will always be a matter of oppinion. I much prefer real mode because it's often a different game everytime you play it, where as in Normal you spot the enemy from miles away, hunt him down, kill or be killed. In real mode, you can remain hidden waiting for your prey to fall in to your aim, or you can sneak about the map jumping out on unsuspecting enemies the other side of the hill.

In the end, it's all good, whatever you like to play, play that, and enjoy it, and don't force others to enjoy it to. By all means recomend it, but basically, CHILL!

Drevay
June 14, 2004, 7:42 pm
Real mode was particularily enjoyable when I gave it a go the other day. It was obviously more challenging, but I loved it.

And yes, I hate barretards, but I the last server I was on (DM), I just kept dodging the barretards and mowing them down with a shower of bullets with my trusty MK-MPS (or MK-M40? I can't remember), or blasting them to peices with my lovely Spas-12 (if that's the proper name).

BlackSpear
June 14, 2004, 10:28 pm
man, I never knew there where so mutch people that would pick realistic over normal (like me)

Smeep
June 14, 2004, 11:28 pm
That's the thing, if you don't know where the "barretard" (I'm one of them i guess) is, fair enough he has the advantage (that's kinda the point) but if you find them, they suck unless they get a lucky hit in.

Askur
June 15, 2004, 2:30 pm
Smeep: That's not a barretard, that's a camper.
A barretard runs around and kills everything on sight because he has mastered the 25° "offset while running forwar" angle. Effectively using the barret as an assault rifle. I was one of those untill I discoevered that the Deagle is just much more fun to use so I switched. Then I joined the forums and noticed no one liked the old me except other people who did the same thing (says alot about barretards).

Campers are alright, the barret was meant to be a camper gun. You can deal with them (but ofcourse people have to complain about them too which, in turn, says alot about whiners) and barretards aint half bad when you play realistic as almost every gun can kill in 1-shot although the barret requires less skill (if you are willing to camp) or "1337$k!11$" (I'll never be able to whash this off my soul) if you use it as an assault rifle.

Smeep
June 15, 2004, 2:34 pm
That's why I'm the newb. Thanks for clearing that up :)

In that case i Camp. All day. Unless I'm spas-ing. But if i'm running about with the barret i get thrashed...