( search forums )
weapons editor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
bucky_brad
May 1, 2004, 7:47 pm
I am just wondering what everyone intends to do with the weapons editor... and dont say I AM GOINng to make A M79 what shoots BARTEET
BULLTERS AND STUUFF and then i IWILL BLAH BLAH BALH!?!

I doubt I'll do to much, at most ill probly have a tinker with some of the all ready made guns.

but if I do make somthing (which I wont),I would love to make a full blown urban warfare mod with new guns, maps and all.

The Cr4cK
May 1, 2004, 7:54 pm
Im gonna make a flower that shoots camels.

b00stA
May 1, 2004, 7:55 pm
Don't expect too much.
I think you can only change basic things like weapon strength / reload time.

Aquarius
May 1, 2004, 8:45 pm
Here is a quick translation of the one the questions from the polish interview with Michal:

15. (Aquarius) What will be possible to do with the weapon editor? Just a basic stuff like reloading time and bullet strength or maybe it will be possible to make completely new weapons?

MM: I don't know yet, but for sure there will be a possibility to change the look, reloading time, bullet type, number of bullets shooted in one time etc. I don't want to make any restrictions in making new weapons, but it's just a plan. Probably it won't be as complex as the editor in Liero. Whatever it will look like, it will be a very cool feature.

wert21
May 1, 2004, 11:16 pm
So...there will be some brand new weapons, as michal said you can change the look...that's nice.

(Aquarius, happy to be in EC? mmm...i hope poland will improve his economy.)

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 12:33 am
i cant wait till that comes out first thing im makeing a REALISTIC M4A1 :)

AerialAssault
May 2, 2004, 1:47 am
i shall make a minigun that kills in 1 shot and has a 500 bullet belt, plus ill remove the time before shots. and double the rate of fire

BManx2000
May 2, 2004, 1:50 am
You forgot to give it exploding bullets, 50 bullets per shot, and a 180 degree spread.

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 2:40 am
woah holy [:-censored] that would be massive ownage click BOOM there goes the whole map

Snipedmyself
May 2, 2004, 7:05 am
Im not usually a barretard..and i won't be!
here is my gun:
looks like:a giant dildo!
bullet description:exploding, goes thru people, 999 power, bullets look whitish
gun info: zooms for six sextillion pixels, reload time, .420 seconds
you are invincible when you have it, has a 2ndary mode 0_0- missle launcher,
shoots 420 rounds per second, contains: 4200 rounds
rounds go straight ahead forever, never ever sink. gives you m79 and XM214 boosts combined

DrocK
May 2, 2004, 7:10 am
hk mp5 shooting m79 shots
[:P]

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 7:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Snipedmyself
here is my gun:
rounds go straight ahead forever, never ever sink. gives you m79 and XM214 boosts combined

umm whats with people on this forum and there fasinations with dildos seriously someone modded a barett into a dildo...........

DrocK
May 2, 2004, 8:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Haro1121
here is my gun:

umm whats with people on this forum and there fasinations with dildos seriously someone modded a barett into a dildo...........

lol... weirdo

Snipedmyself
May 2, 2004, 10:02 am
here is my gun:

cool.

(and drock...wtf- just make normal posts)

wert21
May 2, 2004, 10:45 am
Omg...i think that all weapon will remain as are now, just underpower the barret. Or someone will return to oldies balances, like 1.1.5. And no no no, i don't like the giant dildo.

Aquarius
May 2, 2004, 11:25 am
The DEFAULT weapons will remain unchanged, but you will be able to create weapon mods and create a server with the mod.

KiLLBoT
May 3, 2004, 12:54 am
This could be bad for the community in that people might start to break away from the rest of the group and make their own servers with their own weapon settings... I hope that's not the case. Most likely it'll be cool though :)

Kamikaze_Ninja
May 3, 2004, 1:03 am
cool, would be fun having an uber knife server =)

DrocK
May 3, 2004, 1:27 am
here is my gun:

cool.

huh? what did i do? i dont see a problem on my posts

Element_101
May 3, 2004, 3:09 am
The weapons editor will have its advantaes and disadvantages, but one major problem I sence is hax an army of them this weapons editored unless michal has some way to stop them will make it a hakcers dream.....

Aegis
May 3, 2004, 3:21 am
Assuming you could create more Combat-knife like weapons I might consider a mod similar to SBX(SaberBattleX) for Jedi Knight:Dark Forces 2, I supposed I'll think up other ideas a long the way tho.

Toni_Cicerelli
May 3, 2004, 3:29 am
I hope there will be a option to make a weapon 2x. Two uzis would be cool.

ClanKwH
May 3, 2004, 1:21 pm
Eh if you can give the guns more strength then it would suck ass if they were playable online :p

b00stA
May 3, 2004, 2:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by ClanKwH
Eh if you can give the guns more strength then it would suck ass if they were playable online :p

That's what the weapon editor is about.. you'll be able to play with modified weapons online but everyone on the server will have the same settings..

Snipedmyself
May 3, 2004, 7:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrocK
here is my gun:

cool.

huh? what did i do? i dont see a problem on my posts

It kinda looked like you were spam posting. I don't know though. I was going thru the f=the forums seeing a whole lot owf nuttin

Chakra
May 3, 2004, 7:31 pm
I can only hope that with the birth of the weapon editor, and then a few thousand mods later, we'll all have such a diverse range of weapons to choose from various mods that none of us will be demanding to stick to any single weapon mod with specific armaments in mind. Every time we play will be different.

Otherwise, the community will just divide into tiny villages huddling around specific weapon mods. And of course standard soldat will be nothing more than a huge gathering for barrets and m79s, and Michal wills scratch his head alot.

y0da
May 5, 2004, 7:29 am
i don't need to change weapons... This will be only for MODs, right? If on-line too - god have mercy on Soldat.

Aquarius
May 5, 2004, 8:48 am
I don't know why some of you are afraid of the weapon editor. You won't be forced to play on the moded servers and I'm pretty sure that most servers will be without mods.

bucky_brad
May 5, 2004, 8:53 am
i dont think any one really be abel to make soldat any better than it already is...

and btw i havnt seen yoda for ages, where you been?

BlackSpear
May 5, 2004, 2:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
I don't know why some of you are afraid of the weapon editor. You won't be forced to play on the moded servers and I'm pretty sure that most servers will be without mods.

but what if 80% of the servers made their own weaponsmod, then we would be [:-censored]ed....
but think that isn't gonna happen becouse I already see enough people against it...

y0da
May 5, 2004, 3:00 pm
heh, i don't want to make this topic mine, but i was just making my clan site look better, thats all :]. Oh, i've almost forgot - The Bank Gothic font is in 40% made with those polish, latin and "stuff" fonts. Any1 got a font editor&maker??? Mine is trial!

bucky_brad
May 5, 2004, 4:09 pm
just turn back your PC clock if its a time trial

Snipedmyself
May 6, 2004, 10:53 am
(off topic :| )
what you use for font making/editing?
can you give me a link

BlackSpear
May 6, 2004, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by y0da
heh, i don't want to make this topic mine, but i was just making my clan site look better, thats all :]. Oh, i've almost forgot - The Bank Gothic font is in 40% made with those polish, latin and "stuff" fonts. Any1 got a font editor&maker??? Mine is trial!

uhm, am I too stoned at the moment or is this just 100% pure offtopic [:-censored] :P
make a new topic if it is