( search forums )
Just wondering.. Need Michal Marcinkowski to reply
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
ramirez
May 2, 2004, 3:44 am
Hello, this is forwarded to Michal Marcinkowski, creator of Soldat.
First of all, I'd like to thank again for your great work, I registered Soldat to contribute in making Soldat even better game.
I really love the newest Dedicated Server v2.10 and client, but there's one thing about the server.
I was making a "Current Game" script in PHP, parsing the gamestat.txt file in logs/ dir.
It works great, but when I am running a CTF server (this possibly also occurs in inf and team dm?), it shows this:
"Team 1: 0
Team 2: 0
Team 3: 0
Team 4: 0"
Shouldn't Team 1 show Alpha team's players and Team 2 Delta's?
I know that you can get the needed info from players list, but I was just wondering.
If it's not supposed to change the numbers in CTF, then sorry for asking such a stupid question.

EDIT. It seems that few people are getting "Connection Problem" with the new server, is this soldat thing, or perhaps my server's?

Another thing, what would be the best way to check is server on or off in remote machine? Since it seems that Soldat uses UDP protocol which is connectioneless, it's hard to check by validating if a proper connection can be made.

Again, thanks for great work. :)

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 6:29 am
umm it shouldnt show 4 cuz CTF is 1 team vs 1 team so it should be Alpha vs Bravo (red vs blue) without the extra green and yellow teams hmm

Snipedmyself
May 2, 2004, 6:42 am
h3y! I7 i5 Ju57 @ b3t@ v3r5i0n. all bugs will be worked out later.
heh, don't ask what it says

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 6:55 am
umm fine ill guess what it says Hey I? i? Just A Beta Version what the hell is that kid talking about im confused, whos mod here enjoy? and uhhh how does what you said relate to this topic..........

FliesLikeABrick
May 6, 2004, 4:03 pm
just a side note, if you need any help with php, contact me and i will gladly help you out. All my contact info is at http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080 preferably by AIM
-Brick

ramirez
May 13, 2004, 5:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
just a side note, if you need any help with php, contact me and i will gladly help you out. All my contact info is at http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080 preferably by AIM
-Brick

Nah, I don't need help with PHP, I've coded in PHP for 2-3 years now, thanks for offer though.

Chakra
May 13, 2004, 6:44 pm
Michal should reply to this thread out of respect for someone spelling his name right.

coolsi
May 13, 2004, 8:30 pm
ramirez: The latest version of Solstat (http://solstat.sourceforge.net) is able to work out if a server is running or not. The code is in index.php. :)

Element_101
May 14, 2004, 3:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
Michal should reply to this thread out of respect for someone spelling his name right.

Lol cant argee with that!

Snipedmyself
May 14, 2004, 9:28 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra

(you changed your avatar)and..Everyone spells michals' name right
that ever read like 10 words on the nag screen or the bottom
of the soldat game before joining/making a game.

--
Michal sounds like a busy person. I'd say it'd be nice
to get some reply.
"Need" *shudders
do callout work?

FliesLikeABrick
May 30, 2004, 6:19 pm
it shows "Alpha: 0" and the same for all the other teams.... those arent number of players on the team. They are Team Scores dude...
-Brick

ramirez
June 3, 2004, 6:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
it shows "Alpha: 0" and the same for all the other teams.... those arent number of players on the team. They are Team Scores dude...
-Brick

Yeah, I found out when I wrote the new stats script.
It works good now.