( search forums )
Audio Facelift
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Toni_Cicerelli
May 2, 2004, 6:34 pm
I think Soldat needs a minor upgrade in the audio department. Nothing large but just some sound FX needs changing and a raise in volume. What I was thinking was...

When Nade explodes it picks up dirt and you can hear it fall. It needs to be bit louder because it?s almost impossible to hear. It also needs to sound like it kicked up more dirt. Right now it just sounds like a handful.

A bullet hits a wall or dirt now it just makes a thump. This is ok for the dirt but it needs to be a bit more exaggerated when it hits a wall. The difference could be in polygon type in the map editor. The sound of ricocheting bullets would really give you a sense of keep your head down or your gonna get killed.

Another change to give you the war is hell feeling is the screams of your dying friends. Right now it?s just a grunt but it should be a bit more intense. If your shot a grunt or a small yell would be good but if your killed you should let out a loud scream. That is if you?re not gibed.

This would all give you a sense of action and hecticness while still keeping it simple. It would create a more intense aura in the game.

Ta-2
May 2, 2004, 9:01 pm
What Soldat needs is more AMBIENCE.

Shyo
May 2, 2004, 9:08 pm
imagine someone gets hit by a Mp5, he dies more than from screaming than from the bullets.. but well, I agree with the grenades part.

Haro1121
May 2, 2004, 10:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Toni_Cicerelli
If your shot a grunt or a small yell would be good but if your killed you should let out a loud scream. That is if you?re not gibed.

LOL that is if ur not gibed [:P][:D] lol yah that would ad some depth to the game u see ur buddy laying the ground yelling ahhhh

Alamo
May 2, 2004, 10:22 pm
with his entrails hanging out...

But well i have to agree.... We want teh real war out there :)

Subslider
May 3, 2004, 8:48 am
agreed.. put more feeling in soldat..:)

Captain RibMan
May 3, 2004, 9:06 am
soldat sounds are crap make them louder with more bass for my subwoofer

NuZZ
May 3, 2004, 9:44 am
The sounds all need a little bit of echo, like an option.

KiLLBoT
May 3, 2004, 11:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ta-2

I agree. I like the nades idea though.

DrocK
May 4, 2004, 12:21 am
i dont think some ppl pay attention to the soldat effects... they just listen to their mp3's.. or something but actually it would be really nice to have some more effects..

Toni_Cicerelli
May 4, 2004, 2:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Ta-2

Thank you, Ambience is exsactly the word I was looking for.

Aegis
May 4, 2004, 5:24 am
Ambience - Annoying background noise such as birds and rain. Think the classic cliche noise heard in jungles in movies.. =)
Although I use the word annoying, I'm all for it =)

Subslider
May 4, 2004, 11:10 am
quote:Originally posted by DrocK
i dont think some ppl pay attention to the soldat effects... they just listen to their mp3's.. or something but actually it would be really nice to have some more effects..

but if you got some good sounds in a game.. would you still listn to music?.. i find game sounds more important then music while im playing a game..[;)]

DrocK
May 4, 2004, 11:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Subslider
quote:Originally posted by DrocK

but if you got some good sounds in a game.. would you still listn to music?.. i find game sounds more important then music while im playing a game..[;)]

of course i will, its just that sometimes when you are on this laggy server the effects start to mess up so i put the efect volume a little down, but still i would listen to the new effects it will being bring a new look to soldat

Deleted User
August 8, 2004, 1:11 pm
Yeah. This idea is great. But if you get shot like 7 times in the head i don't think you have time to do that scream. It's not that realistic if they just scream. lol

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 9, 2004, 9:33 am
that will add more complexity to the game and mapping.
but i like the idea, i am entiarly fore it!
the ambien noises idea is good
the nades need to be beefed up and the dirt falling
richocheing (dw about the spelling plz)bullets would be gr8
the scream idea is kool, but wiht the head and all, what if you were shot in the body, dead, but the guy who kiled you say hase a machine gun and a coupple o' bullets later, sends your head flying
do you still scream? no. that wil have to be overcome i.e. more complexity
overall good idea though

Svirin Kerath
August 9, 2004, 12:12 pm
awesome. /i'm/ all for it. i like the idea of ambience, like wind or a kinda cave-like echo.. that would be awesome for map maker too, chosing the ambient sound. defenitely need more varied and realistic sounds/implementation too.

Element_101
August 9, 2004, 1:14 pm
I totally agree!

Sound makes a game, look at Call Of Duty I think the sounds in this game have really distunigushed it from other WW2 shooters.

DeepII
August 9, 2004, 7:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
[...]Sound makes a game, look at Call Of Duty I think the sounds in this game have really distunigushed it from other WW2 shooters.

Hum...CoD is the only game where I have no bass. Strange.

The best sounds are in Far Cry I think.

Btw: Soldat DEFINITELY needs better weapon sounds!

Toni_Cicerelli
August 10, 2004, 2:21 am
Actualy im working on it. I'll prolly keep it to my self but it's going well.