( search forums )
Sorry
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
?
May 2, 2004, 7:04 pm
I was at work yesterday, taking out trash and I heard some guy yelling, I figured it was a wreck and some jerk rightfully got his car dented. So I looked over and there were two guys they looked around 20, yelling at cars and holding "Jesus Saves" posters. I know some of you in big cities in the US might run across this all the time. I jsut want to say that people like that are stupid, they are not gonna have any positive impact on people preaching about hellfire and brimstone. The real bad thing was they where yelling at cars at a stoplight. That annoyance to Christ technique is one reason why I think some people dislike or even hate Christians. So next time you see one of those people jsut realize that they are just stupid or misinformed, they only way to have a positive impact is to speak love not to bring someone down. We are not all hellfire and brimstone screamers, we are normal just like you we deal with the same stuff and yeah those yelling people get on our nerves too.

palloco
May 2, 2004, 7:20 pm
Father forgive them, they don?t know what they do

Askur
May 2, 2004, 7:39 pm
It's called fanaticism. It's very annoying/st00pid/dangerous in whichever form it manifests. Fanatical behavior tends to be something like:
1) 'Knowing' that you are right.
2) 'Knowing' others with different opinions are wrong.
3) Not accepting rational arguments as plausible because of nr. 1)
4) Feeling the need to make other people admit that you are right.
5) Really not giving a crap about people who do not admit that you are right as they are idiots.
6) Thinking you're doing the world a favour.

This takes many forms. Religion, philosophy, principles etc.

I know this last comment of mine might offend a great deal of people and I do beg their pardon. But this has to be said...

...there's no real difference in the mindset of these people and it's bloody scary. I fully equate the Jehovas Witnesses that come a-knocking on my door, repeatedly, demanding that I let them in so they can talk to me about their saviour.. so I can be saved. Who put their foot between my door and it's frame and just wont bloody leave me alone, to the Islam fanatics that caused 911 (I'm very very very intensly sorry if this offends anyone but if it does there's a good chance that youre doing number 2). It's not like Islam is about killing innocents. It's basicly the same idea as christianity and both religions roots can be traced to the same place. It's just that these fruitcakes seem to think that they are always doing number 6 and have the right to due to number 5.

Even hardcore liberals are guilty of this not realising that increased freedom actualy decreases the overall freedom if not properly managed...

Bottomline is, stay away from those people. Many of them are probably very good people but they have been brainwashed one way or another and I don't want to know, nor experience, what more was included in their rehabilitation. I've seen video bytes of Pro-Lifers attacking people who want to get an abortion hitting them in the head with their signs. That's just effed up... really scares me how people can bend every rule that they life for just to make sure other people conform to said rule. I'm going to stop this before I become paranoid...

I'm quite sorry for draging a touchy subject into this.

Weed
May 2, 2004, 8:31 pm
extrmists arent like normal ppl, btw, people doesnt hate christians, people hate jews or muslims, those 2 religions are known to be the most extremist and traditional of modern religions, i wont go in about budahists or any other old religion...
but well, ppl preaching on the street sounds as people preaching inside chruchs, only that the ones inside the churchs get money out of it and live good with the ignorant's money, those street preachers get nothing but a night in jail and a black eye.

Chakra
May 2, 2004, 8:49 pm
Preaching on the street with large signs won't get anyone anywhere, just piss alot of people off.

I tried it once, all I got was a bunch of people saying "eh? what the [:-censored] is a barret?"

Hitman
May 2, 2004, 8:53 pm
ROFL!

The Cr4cK
May 2, 2004, 9:16 pm
LOL! OMFG! BARRET! HAHHAHAH!

Askur
May 2, 2004, 9:29 pm
Hehe.. that's hillarious.

Deleted User
May 2, 2004, 10:07 pm
Chak, you are amazing, you really are...

Shyo
May 2, 2004, 10:47 pm
Chakra...That was definitely a really, really, good joke...

?
May 2, 2004, 10:49 pm
Chakky boy that was great!

Captain RibMan
May 3, 2004, 5:50 am
theres a guy in the city in new zealand and he wears a sign that says 'thanks mum i'm alive' and its some christian thing aganst abortion or something

gi.joe
May 3, 2004, 8:34 am
what city is that ribman?

Captain RibMan
May 3, 2004, 8:58 am
auckland of course

NuZZ
May 3, 2004, 10:03 am
Did you get that from a book ?
Err lol DOWN WITH THOSE STUPID NOOBS!

AerialAssault
May 3, 2004, 12:42 pm
oh chaky ur so sexy

DT
May 3, 2004, 2:07 pm
Manthose types of people piss me off.. i show no mercy with them... paintballs...

KiLLBoT
May 4, 2004, 12:14 am
...That made perfect sense. Besides the words running togather :P

Captain RibMan
May 4, 2004, 5:01 am
manthose sounds like man hoes

BMF
May 4, 2004, 1:26 pm
all right