( search forums )
Unusual Bonuses
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Mooscu
May 4, 2004, 4:11 pm
Why bonuses, like Predator and Flame god are so unusual? In older versions those bonuses aren´t so unusual. And when you have that bonus, you have very little tme to use it well.[:-weepn]

Flame god bonus is powerfull[:-devil], but if you catch it in very distant place, maybe you haven`t time to kill anybody with it.

Toumaz
May 4, 2004, 4:30 pm
Well, maybe the bonus frequency (or whatever it's named, BAH) is set to low.
I use 4/5, so there is a couple of more bonuses available to pick up.

BlackSpear
May 4, 2004, 5:18 pm
yep, you can set the frequency in soldat of the powerups....

N1nj@
May 4, 2004, 8:58 pm
I dont think is because of the bonus frequency is so slow, i think is because everyone just stop liking bonus...

I remember in 1.0.5b, almost every servers had bonus in them...

and btw, flamegod SUX0RZ, it makes you lose one of your weapon..

May 4, 2004, 9:32 pm
Yeah, and the weapon switch bug doesnt work anymore >_<

Element_101
May 5, 2004, 1:21 am
Bonus take the skill out of the game

blackdevil0742
May 5, 2004, 11:18 am
I think that it make the game better. It would be boring if you only had grenades and health kits on the map.

DT
May 5, 2004, 2:13 pm
Yea thier rare alright even if you got 5 ferquent ... thier should be like a 6 or 7 mabye...

BlackSpear
May 5, 2004, 2:17 pm
2 or 3 is just fine enough for me.....

Superdog
June 4, 2004, 9:50 am
I think there's enough Predator and God! There shouldn't be any more of it.

773D
June 4, 2004, 10:28 am
I think it'd be cool if you had the OPTION to up the Bonuses to 10 or so -- they're so infrequent.

Melba
June 4, 2004, 11:13 am
1/5 is more than enough! but i only like bonuses in DM, TM, PM and RM...
in CTF or INF bonuses suck, atleast berserk, not clusters tho, heh!

wert21
June 4, 2004, 11:49 am
Bah i don't like bonuses, btw only berserker and pred are good, becouse flame god has a very short range and cluster nades highly sucks.

?
June 4, 2004, 3:20 pm
Its cause Michal finally got sexy.

DeMonIc
June 4, 2004, 5:29 pm
Bonuses suck pretty much 2day.If flame god would give u the flame thrower for life, and a 15 secs god mode, it would be better i guess..

Kazuki
June 4, 2004, 8:10 pm
I'll have to argue with the original post. Predator mode is detectable. yes, if you can see clearly enough, but whoever has the predator will have to use swift and unnoticable movements. However, provided is 20 seconds of time, which is mor than enough to sneak up to people and stick a knife in them. Secondly, Flame God mode is useless in CTF, but invincible in DM. Also, you do get about 12 seconds of us with it, and if you're in a DM, it proves very useful. I'd have to say that the bonuses are fine the way they are, and they shouldn't be all over in every server. Berserker is the cheapest bonus, IMO.

DeMonIc
June 4, 2004, 8:33 pm
When I pickup Fgod, im always miles away from my enemies.(usually on arena1) So.. pfu.

kevith
June 4, 2004, 8:49 pm
Bonuses add variety and a certain level of fun but they kind of cheapen the game in certain aspects too. Flame God is pretty weak in CTF but I think they're all pretty fine how they are. Berserker is the best bonus to have though ;)

AerialAssault
June 4, 2004, 9:11 pm
bonuses are fun, clusters dont suck when used correctly

Snipedmyself
June 5, 2004, 7:19 am
nothing is wrong with the bonuses, and like som1 said (2 lay z) set the frequency

CK
June 8, 2004, 7:46 pm
This might be off-topic but whoever says clusters suck has not yet mastered the art of Cluster Angling: throwing a cluster so it hits about a millimeter in front of a moving target's feet, causing all 5 minigrenades to bounce up and hit almost simultaneously, which in turn causes the target to rocket apart in various directions, leaving nothing but his gun, some blood (and usually smoke) trails, and the odd limb.

[:D][:D]

CK

DeafBox
June 9, 2004, 4:58 am
The only thing flame god is good for is the health it gives u.

I dont mind if they are on or off. In most games knowing where the bonuses are is a skill, like u move around the map in a certain direction becuase u know quad damage spawns over there, rocket launcher there, BFG there etc.
In soldat, particularly ctf its abit pointless cos its all luck about who gets em.
Still, zerker in a full server is always good fun.

Dathker
June 11, 2004, 3:06 am
i think that the only good bonus is bullet proof vest and predator...

FLAME GOD SUCKS AND SHOULD GO TO HELL ;)

i think pred is funn cuz it just like sneak up upon them and knife them
and then i like it when the other guy is in pred cuz its fun to shoot at themm... and they are like how the [:-censored] does he know where i am?!?!

and BV is pretty obvious.. if j00 don't know that then j00 shouodn't be here

palloco
June 11, 2004, 8:20 am
What is BV? [:-censored] vet? Bad voy? Barret vestard? Button void?

Shyo
June 11, 2004, 12:27 pm
Bullet Vest?

Mooscu
July 16, 2004, 5:44 pm
my frequency is 5/5, but unusual bonuses come VERY unusually after all

Tha Doggfather
July 16, 2004, 6:04 pm
Thanks for bringing this dead topic back alive! I was looking all over for it! ¬_¬

Where's Hitman when you need him? ;)

Kazuki
July 16, 2004, 7:59 pm
lol... You should always look at the last time a message was posted, so you know if its ok to post or not.

Liber_Lupus
July 16, 2004, 8:45 pm
I only like Vest because its good against barreters if they even manage to hit. I dont liek other bonuses.

Cookie.
July 20, 2004, 3:51 am
O_O my video card suxxors so if u have predator i can still see you.... im watching XD yea i dunt know why but predator mode on this comp dosnt make the soldaters disapear.. is a very nice advantage :)

Haro1121
July 20, 2004, 9:38 am
HAXOR!!!!! U HACKER! DIE lol no ur transparencys are messed up lol if someone wanted to make a anti hack for that just throw a transparent scenery across the whole map and u cant see untill u get it fixed :P game would be all white :P u try using the alpha transparency option in the config????

Element_101
July 20, 2004, 10:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
i think that the only good bonus is bullet proof vest and predator...

FLAME GOD SUCKS AND SHOULD GO TO HELL ;)

i think pred is funn cuz it just like sneak up upon them and knife them
and then i like it when the other guy is in pred cuz its fun to shoot at themm... and they are like how the [:-censored] does he know where i am?!?!

and BV is pretty obvious.. if j00 don't know that then j00 shouodn't be here

My thoughts are completely opposite to yours.

Jack2
July 20, 2004, 11:51 am
I prefer bonuses like vest, berserker and predator. its fun to be a predator when yur caping the flag. it just looks so funny when yur carrying it with predator mode. vest is good against barret and berserker is magnificent!! but flamegod sucks and clusters too,,flamegod has too short range altough it is a flamethrower and cluster-grenades arent so effective. Kazuki, cool avatar youve got.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 1:40 am
Because it sucks...!

b00stA
June 10, 2005, 1:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by MukerjiBecause it sucks...!

Very convincing of you. Thanks.