( search forums )
Ultimate 13 Soldat donations
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
FliesLikeABrick
May 6, 2004, 4:13 pm
For those of you who play on the Ultimate 13 Soldat server, you know how nice it is to have a good, fast server, as well as have your stats available at the click of a couple buttons...
This server has become more popular, and i have started hosting more sites for soldat players and others alike. Between all the extra traffic on my site, and the demand for higher performance, it has come time for me to buy new processors for the server.

Anyone interested in making a small donation to the Ultimate 13 Soldat server, please contact me for more information. Cash donations are good, but i will also take any old computer hardware you do not need, sell it on ebay, then put all the money towards the server.

Those of you who doubt that i will really spend it on the server, dont bother commenting on that because i know that donating on anything you do not know is a leap of faith. Thanks in advance to anyone considering.
Interested?
http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/

-Brick

BMF
May 6, 2004, 9:34 pm
I don't think anybody would make a donation for a server that is up only like 3 hours a day. There are many other faster servers that work 24/7 and don't bug anybody for money.

Soulsnipa
May 6, 2004, 10:01 pm
You must have misunderstood the point of the post then BMF. Plus, all these other servers dont record the scores and put out as much to the public as does Ult 13. Btw, its not up for 3 hours a day, usually its up for at least 6-10hrs each day.

The Noid
May 6, 2004, 10:27 pm
Preach it Snipa and spread the word. [:D]

FliesLikeABrick
May 6, 2004, 11:05 pm
My server is up about 4-6 only because i need to deal with my ISP, but with some donations it could become full time. There are a lot of ppl that appreciate the server during that time, and appreciate the site when it isnt up. With some donations for better processors, i would be able to raise the player limit to 10 or 12 always, higher for bigger maps. And, a lotta people complain that my server is always full, and with the higher player limit, i can then please more ppl at once. Plus i provide free webhosting for a lotta ppl, and they would like to see an improvement in performance, especially in php and SQL intense pages. And im not bugging anyone for money, im just pointing out that donations can easily pay for some new processors.
-Brick

Dathker
May 6, 2004, 11:08 pm
i support you FLB you sexy, you well, accutally its your server, quite sexy indeed :) i will send you some money!
btw his server does have nice stats, mostly everything, including caps ;) some new maps will be added! also there are a mulitude of new maps made by Soul and a number of other mapmakers
don't forget : http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/

FliesLikeABrick
May 7, 2004, 1:17 am
btw, the old processors would then be put in another server computer, nearly identical to the one i run now which would then run another soldat server for private games and games with custom maps.
-Brick

Dathker
May 7, 2004, 2:39 am
that would be nice ;) will your ISP complain?

FliesLikeABrick
June 1, 2004, 10:44 pm
a fresh idea:
everyone interested, collect cans and bottles and send me the redemption money (dont send coins plz, its a waste of money to ship them...)
It's an easy way for everyone to benefit. just contact me for necessary info if you are interested.
-Brick

Drama
June 2, 2004, 8:32 pm
just to let you know in case you didnt, soldat server works very well in a slow pc (i have 350mhz, np)

Xalion
June 2, 2004, 8:38 pm
Yup... You could build a cluster of crappy computers.... Well... You could get the hardware on the junk yard, and run the DB + parser, WWW, S Server different machines.... :)

FliesLikeABrick
June 3, 2004, 4:58 am
it has dual 350mhz processors right now with 660MB RAM, so it still runs amazingly efficiently. I look forward to upgrading to dual 600s once i come across enough money. Then itll be noticeably better.
-Brick