( search forums )
ctf_Wonderland (V. 1.0, last update: May 10)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
May 6, 2004, 10:48 pm
Here we go,
after some weeks of mapping-abstinence, ive now decided to continue with my secret passion [;)]

As some people have probs with custom sceneries, ive decided to put much more effort into the polys and used standard scenery. What came out as a result, is a map dedicated to the "Alice In Wonderland" story by Lewis Carrol. The map may look a bit empty on the screenshot, but thats only because of the high zoom factor, as this map is quite big.

Screenshot: www.marketzone.de/files/ctf_Wonderland.jpg
Map: www.marketzone.de/files/ctf_Wonderland.PMS

As i got many scenery files in the Scenery dir, there maybe scens that arent standard placed on the map, but im quite sure i chose the standard ones. Please tell me if u got probs with the sceneries.

Both sides arent symmetric, but in test play they came out quite equal.

Now excellently waypointed by Holden!

Have fun :)

Changelog 08 > 1.0
------------------
+ fixed one polybug
+ Waypoints added by Holden
> first FINAL version

Haro1121
May 6, 2004, 11:07 pm
hmm i swear ive seen a map named this that looked like this before o well GD is the mapper man gj

grand_diablo
May 6, 2004, 11:10 pm
mmmh a map named like this? if its still around somewhere and the creator really cares about the name, i could rename mine though. but i dont think theres a need to.

thkx :)

DrocK
May 6, 2004, 11:22 pm
i dont care of the name... still it looks nice
gj grand diablo

Fabio
May 6, 2004, 11:29 pm
gj man ;)

Soulsnipa
May 7, 2004, 12:47 am
nice

Dathker
May 7, 2004, 2:44 am
lookks nice

Hercule Poirot
May 7, 2004, 11:00 am
hrrmm i don't likeh this map much... other maps from you are much better :\

Deleted User
May 7, 2004, 12:53 pm
Shrrooomss!

Droopy
May 7, 2004, 2:54 pm
I love MUSSSSHHHROOMS!!! BLUBLUBLUBLUBLUBLE!!!

Nice map man! I like it!

MMMMMMUUUSSSSHHHHRRRRUUUMMMSSSS!!!! *sigh**sigh*

Holden
May 9, 2004, 8:33 pm
You are one of my absolute favorite mappers. GJ on this one. Goes into the LAN-cycle. =).

EDIT [10may]: Since you asked for it, I took a stab at waypointing it. I actually gave it some time. Don't expect it to be flawless or anything, this is one of my first "fully-waypointed-maps" but at least the bots make for a challenge. Just a little something, you are a great map maker, keep up the good work!

Download ZIP:[URL]

welcome to flavor country:
PIC:[URL]

grand_diablo
May 10, 2004, 5:04 pm
whoah, your wps are truly impressing [:)]

im getting into WP'ing slightly now (see ctf_Kampf2k4), but ive never seen such a perfectionized WP system as yours.

PS: Ive fixed a lil polybug down that Icy Cave and recompiled the map (also with ur name in the title). Version 1.0 now online and downloadable.

Holden
May 10, 2004, 5:11 pm
Hah, thanks, but they're not really that good, bots tend to get a bit stuck while trying to get up at the tunnel entrance (left one). Plus, the blue side gets a bit more of the fighting, because of blue teams spawnpoints, but I didn't want to change any polygons or anything. [;)]. They're fun to play with, anyway.

EDIT: Aw, you mentioned me. *sniffle*. Thanks =).

xXShavoXx
May 11, 2004, 1:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Haro1121
hmm i swear ive seen a map named this that looked like this before o well GD is the mapper man gj

It was probably my ctf_shroomland2 map.
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=7640
They somewhat resemble each other but not enough to warrant it a rip-off. He's probably never even seen my map before. btw, good job diablo!

grand_diablo
May 11, 2004, 11:00 am
Thkx Shavo,

well both maps look a bit similar concerning used colors etc, but everything else differs more or less.
Shroomland II is nice too, and youre right, i didnt know it before.

Rambo_6
May 11, 2004, 2:01 pm
Looks pretty good, but the only criticizm i have is about the fact that you have too much color variation. This means you put direct color switches over a small area of land (ie brown changing to dark blue).

I suggest you use custom colors that aren't as intense. Besides that, good job.

(btw, how many maps do you make per day?)

KnOt
May 12, 2004, 12:10 pm
yeah, I knew I'd seen that map somewhere else.. heh.

skc.r0adkill
May 14, 2004, 12:38 am
it looks really good, so we put the mappack in our download-section.
you can see the pack and the downloadlink here:
http://www.selfkill.de/webv3/content/sd_maps.php?action=details&id=164