( search forums )
I MADE A SONG FOR SOLDAT
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
budhi
May 12, 2004, 8:53 pm
what do you guys think?
this is not sample based, the guitar was played by me and the drums were programmed by me!

the link is here

http://www.penguinmilk.com/stupid/song%20for%20soldat%20-%20www%20dot%20enjoyallen%20dot%20com.mp3

edit: look at page 2 for the new version! :)

Yin_Starrunner
May 12, 2004, 9:01 pm
this...is...not..a...sugestion...

I...Will...have...to...kill...you...with...my...mind...powers.... err..... the force!

*waits for topic to be locked or moved*

Edit: the song is very good, i guess i just misunderstood you, i suppose you want this to be put into the game?

Melba
May 12, 2004, 9:03 pm
OMG OMG
It's actually quite good!!!
btw i appreciate the fact that you didn't post a topic about like :
" new soldat song... Coming soon!!!! " i hate that
gj man
still, we'll have to wait for famines' song tho

EDIT: @YIN listen to the song atleast before you start talking about which forum it should be in!!! the song is good

EDIT2: just finished listening thru the whole song...don't like the end of the song it's not hard enough! doesn't fit with soldat

budhi
May 12, 2004, 9:06 pm
thx melba :)

this is a suggestion to include it into the game!

budhi
May 12, 2004, 9:11 pm
melba, that's always something i can change! :)

Shyo
May 12, 2004, 10:08 pm
cool in some way

Yin_Starrunner
May 12, 2004, 10:46 pm
ya hes right, the end doesnt fit with soldat.... but i can imagine that in the game.... it gets soft.... almost fades out... then comes back in, rockin'. even if the ending isn't the best, it would be interesting. I want the mp3(Uncahnged ending, if you decide to change that)!

Askur
May 12, 2004, 11:02 pm
Link doesn't work for me for some reason. But I'm sure it's just the retarded computers here. But check if it's broken either way. I'd like to listen to it when I get home.

budhi
May 12, 2004, 11:21 pm
i just checked the link, everything is working here! if still does not work, add me to msn, i'll send it to you!

?
May 12, 2004, 11:54 pm
Its great but its not soldat material as some poeple jsut said^^, I would like the file so I can listen in my car and such... I will add you to msn later too lazy now.

Toni_Cicerelli
May 12, 2004, 11:59 pm
I got it to work, (grubels) its 5MB. I loath my 56k modem.

EDIT: It?s done, I listened to it. Good job. Just needs a lil somthin' something at the end to make it kind of a loop. For continues listening

Askur
May 13, 2004, 12:44 am
Well it was just the computers in my Uni. The network people there have the competence level of a monkey.

It's a good rhythm. Good job I'd say.
However it doesn't have the hardcore feeling you'd want for a soldat song.

I don't know crap about music so I can't really make any suggestions. But that's still not going to stop me from suggesting more distortion and a bass?

AerialAssault
May 13, 2004, 1:56 am
more distortion isnt always a good thing, listen to some TOOL and youll see waht i mean :)

as for budhi, it sound pretty good, but make the opening riff clean, not distorted. add some more gain to the sound during the main part of the song. and if u want to know where im going with this. listen to a few tool songs and use that for inspiration.

Duke33
May 13, 2004, 2:32 am
You're talented, kid. Thats pretty damn good. I play my own music in the background when playing, so this suggestion wouldnt affect me. But...good work. Some bits that dont work well, but I still recommend this.

Element_101
May 13, 2004, 2:50 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
more distortion isnt always a good thing, listen to some TOOL and youll see waht i mean :)

as for budhi, it sound pretty good, but make the opening riff clean, not distorted. add some more gain to the sound during the main part of the song. and if u want to know where im going with this. listen to a few tool songs and use that for inspiration.

This is a good suggestion listen to tool they are great influence

NuZZ
May 13, 2004, 8:59 am
dIF format pls, like a leagle format.
Err lemmie open it and ill c what its like, we need menu music as I TRIED to suggest in beta forums... But midis wont work or wave or mp3

blackdevil0742
May 13, 2004, 10:43 am
I don't know yet cause my school don't have any sound.

DT
May 13, 2004, 1:39 pm
It was good but i can't turn up the volume to much... (i'm at school)
But what it does need is some lyrics and like explosions and people dieing!

Askur
May 13, 2004, 1:40 pm
Nonono! No lyrics in game songs!

blackdevil0742
May 13, 2004, 4:48 pm
(At home) It is good. Darn! You made me but this song in to my mobile phone.

Alamo
May 13, 2004, 4:57 pm
*loading song to ipod* nice one :)

DrocK
May 13, 2004, 7:57 pm
hey this song is good..
gj

Zoolander
May 13, 2004, 7:58 pm
Lyrics would be cheesey, It's a fabulous song, but where would it fit in soldat? the intro? Menu screen?

budhi
May 13, 2004, 8:32 pm
thank you everybody for your comments! i'll be taking some of your suggestions into consideration when i work on the song some more!

has anybody tried playing the game with it? how is that?

Tha Doggfather
May 13, 2004, 9:15 pm
very nice indeed, and i do think it fits soldat.

Kazuki
May 13, 2004, 11:13 pm
Hahaha, dude great job! *sticks it in his all of his playlists* This is great, man. I could remix it and stuff, but Ill make sure to leave the original alone ;)

kevith
May 14, 2004, 12:19 am
I think it's really quite good (I love where it goes into the "chorus"). I do kind of agree though that the end and the part around the 2-2:30 mark seems a little soft/out of place (same thing both times). There's just 1 or 2 chords/notes in there that seem a little out of place.

@JB - It would be another song along with Gore, Bloody Soil and whatever the other one is.

Toni_Cicerelli
May 14, 2004, 12:40 am
I use it with Soldat. It's great. Really gets the adrenaline pumping.

budhi
May 14, 2004, 1:28 am
great to know people enjoy it, since so many people agreed that i should change the end, i am working on that at the moment! :) i'll post here when it's changed!

Droopy
May 14, 2004, 9:07 pm
GJ! RGJ! But as some have said, it doesn't realy fit in soldat!

Soldat it as war game, so it need's a millitary song, similar to the 1 it has now, but still different! In my opinion at least! But I wouldn't realy care if Mitch would change the song, couse I'd proboably listen to it once!
But good work anyway!

Yin_Starrunner
May 14, 2004, 9:27 pm
I want this in soldat!

zyxstand
May 15, 2004, 1:47 am
this is about the 5th time in a row that i'm hearing this song while reading reviews...it is really good (except the end and as u said ur working on it n stuff so ... ok) - more hardcore it needs to be and DEFINITELY NO LYRICS (kinda covered) - don forget that in the game its gonna loop n stuff so the end needs to fit prefectly with the beginning so that it doesnt sound stupid when it restarts the song...how did u make that song neways? that computer progream (cuz that could come in quite handy with these kinda songs)
what about copyright preoctedtion (or is that all covered or is it irrelvant to u)-o well...

DrocK
May 15, 2004, 1:50 am
there is a program caled. fruitiloops or something i used to play with it but i never took it seriously u can make some techno in that

Nikolos
May 15, 2004, 5:05 am
The song is pretty!! not really hardcore stuff but just a little changes and it would be perfect for soldat!

DrocK
May 15, 2004, 6:08 am
all it needs is make the end and the begining to match.. thats all because if you add it to soldat the song will keep repeating.. like zyxstand i think is perfect.. i listened to it carefully and its very good.
gj

budhi
May 16, 2004, 5:44 pm
thank you everybody for your comments, i really apreciate it.
i havent had much time to work on the song, but next tuesday it should have a new version.
as for copyright, i dont care if people steal my song, just as long as they listen to it.

well if anybody is curious how i did the song,
i programmed the drums in Nuendo 2.0 with Edirol SuperQuartet, i played the guitar and the bass and filled it up a bit with my Roland rs-9.

BlackSpear
May 17, 2004, 11:13 am
It's not my style at all so wouldn't listen to it a second time, but other then that it's a verry well composed song and nothing wrong with it.
gj, but I don't think it's fast enough at all for a soldat ingame song..

TheArc
May 18, 2004, 1:23 am
That's going into mp3 folder......now!

budhi
May 18, 2004, 2:25 pm
OK, it's updated!

i changed the ending and the beggining to give it a "loop" feel, i also took out some solo sections cuz they sounded "less hardcore" as was suggested here :)

the url is:
http://www.penguinmilk.com/stupid/song%20for%20soldat%20-%20www%20dot%20enjoyallen%20dot%20com%20v2.mp3

well, i also have a band, and well we have a song that might fit in with soldat, so i uploaded it as well.
here it is:
http://www.penguinmilk.com/stupid/comrade-small_gift.mp3

once again, thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 20, 2004, 12:19 pm
HOLY [:-censored] THATS GOOD!!!!!!!!! but ur songs a bit wierd

Toni_Cicerelli
May 21, 2004, 5:47 pm
Wow, that second one starts off really speratic.

budhi
May 27, 2004, 11:58 pm
so, how many people want it in the game? lol

Toni_Cicerelli
May 28, 2004, 1:07 am
/me raises hand.

Blue Devil
May 28, 2004, 1:59 pm
listen to the first right now, and I think it should have a place under bloody soil and necromancer! this song kicks butt, but why end it when it is the best part? make it longer!
it rulzz

Blue Devil
May 28, 2004, 2:03 pm
listen to the first right now, and I think it should have a place under bloody soil and necromancer! this song kicks butt, but why end it when it is the best part? make it longer!
it rulzz

R0L4ND
May 28, 2004, 2:39 pm
First off - congrats to the song, It's great. However, to deserve a space in in-game OST-Soldat, I think it needs MORE. Simply more. (Im referring to the first-post song.) More guitars, put in more drums, etc.(the drums in your song do their part. However, what you need to do is to put in a few drum-licks to spicen the whole thing up - like a 1-2-3 bassdrum/snare-combo a little bit here and there.) And you need to let rip on the grinder-side some more! Try playing the same riff you just came up, but play it in a grinder-version as well. It might sound harder and cooler for a Soldat-soundtrack, but then again, maybe not.

But still, I'd like you to get in touch with me, Bud, since I've wanted to know how to make songs by myself, using music software and guitar hardware. (I'm getting in a 7-string Ibanez this summer, y'know. ;)) I hope you wouldn't mind getting into tedious details on how you added drums, recorded guitars and [:-censored], explaining it all to me, right? :D

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 29, 2004, 8:39 am
i do ido i do

Melba
May 29, 2004, 11:40 am
i would like more bass to it! it'a been a long time since i listen to teh song, but i think it lacked some bass[^]

BlackSpear
May 29, 2004, 1:31 pm
I somewhat like the screwy drum in the song of your band, only the mixing could be WAY better

antiCamper
May 31, 2004, 3:11 am
Very cool song :D

budhi
June 7, 2004, 9:40 pm
:) thx for the comments guys!

budhi
July 8, 2004, 7:21 pm
bump

Weed
July 9, 2004, 1:40 am
and now to some honest comment
sounds nice, yet it sounds like you made it in coke music.
no offence.
also, song itself is too "soft" for soldat...

personal rating: 6/10

Michal Marcinkowski
July 12, 2004, 3:22 pm
Good peice of music you've done, I like it. I don't know if it fits with the rest of the Soldat songs, it is softer than BSG's work.
Where you thinking of Soldat while writing it? I like the interlude in the middle it has a Mike Oldfield feeling, am I write?:)

Kazuki
July 12, 2004, 7:12 pm
Well, it's not as soft as Necromancer (or whatever that last song was called). Personally, I think it goes really well with Soldat, but that's just one person's opinion.

budhi
July 20, 2004, 1:22 am
thx

Deleted User
July 20, 2004, 6:11 am
it's very long ag othat i heared something great like this!!!

koil
July 20, 2004, 6:56 am
very nice song. altho i dont listen to "heavy rock" (or whatever you call it:p), i really enjoyed the whole 3:50mins.

BUT, nothing can replace necromancer, imho :p. still, vgj.

budhi
July 30, 2004, 1:51 pm
bump

Kazuki
July 30, 2004, 4:33 pm
lol, Bump is right. This really needs to be implemented. :)