Why I love Soldat :D
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
cup_of_squirrels
May 14, 2004, 4:52 pm
(gah, another one...)

I've finally worked out why Soldat is my fav game:

1. The game. 'Nuff said...
2. The community

The community is the sticking power. Soldat isnt so small that im gonna fight the same person on 5 different servers (*cough*Liero*cough*) but its not so big that im just another frag on someones score. Its just right :D.

And there is such a variety of people here. Spread from the west coast of the USA to Japan! And we're all crazy;

I mean, lets look at it this way:
Michal is god, Hitman is cool, BMF hates everything and everyone, Camping Carl has a serious problem, Omena...well we all know about him, Essentle is a creepy looking 12 year old girl, hektik sniper is the coolest brit I know, Styx is a 34 year old irishman and kn0t...well he's just creepy.

Sorry to those I couldnt be bothered to add, but nevertheless, I salute the Soldat community and supporters (and do the V sign to the haters...)

BMF
May 14, 2004, 6:05 pm
That's the kind of thread I am talking about.

n00bface
May 14, 2004, 6:25 pm
word. i don't think anyone cares..

Askur
May 14, 2004, 6:29 pm
I love soldat because it's a great game and it's not made for commercial purposes. It was made because Michal wanted to make a game not because he wanted to make money. And the fact that the game is so [:-censored]ing great makes me ashamed of not having registered yet.

Chakra
May 14, 2004, 6:35 pm
..if only you posted this in the lounge. BMF could've sticky'd it.

Zoolander
May 14, 2004, 6:46 pm
quote:word. i don't think anyone cares..
You've been rather pissy lately, do you need a hug? IM HERE FOR YOU LLAMA.

Deleted User
May 14, 2004, 7:00 pm
What I love about Soldat has gotta be when the mangled and mutilated bodies of dead soldiers topples down from steep slopes or fall from a cliff...

Its art...

... and good target practice [;)]

ThE Ag3
May 14, 2004, 7:27 pm
I love soldat cuz I sucked at ut d;
im new in the forums btw d;;

DrocK
May 14, 2004, 7:34 pm
Essentle is a creepy looking 12 year old girl <-- what u mean by that xD
BMF hates everything and everyone <-- i think only on the forums [:P]

blackdevil0742
May 14, 2004, 7:35 pm
I love Soldat cause it's different from other games.
The community is so great.

DrocK
May 14, 2004, 8:03 pm
yeah i played this game "tibia" before.. thegame is pretty good but the community........ [:-censored]ING sucked.. this is like the first free online game with such a kool community.. i hope this keeps up

Askur
May 14, 2004, 8:10 pm
Tibia is a weird name for an online game. It's the name of the inner bone of the legs of all vertabrates. It's also got something to do with the legs of insects but they never taught me that. What was that one all about?

Edit: Sorry Hitman. I'm just overly curious right now about everything not concerning my exam tomorrow.

Hitman
May 14, 2004, 8:13 pm
Let's stick (for once) to the subject, Soldat, and not drift in to a discussion about Mmporg games.

May 14, 2004, 8:23 pm
MMORPG. Not Mmporg. Mmm, pork.
Cough.
Yes, I like soldat because I don't have to go and learn several different programs and spend months making one semi-decent map, unlike all those mainstream 3D shooters...

Yin_Starrunner
May 14, 2004, 8:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
(gah, another one...)

I've finally worked out why Soldat is my fav game:

1. The game. 'Nuff said...
2. The community

The community is the sticking power. Soldat isnt so small that im gonna fight the same person on 5 different servers (*cough*Liero*cough*) but its not so big that im just another frag on someones score. Its just right :D.

And there is such a variety of people here. Spread from the west coast of the USA to Japan! And we're all crazy;

I mean, lets look at it this way:
Michal is god, Hitman is cool, BMF hates everything and everyone, Camping Carl has a serious problem, Omena...well we all know about him, Essentle is a creepy looking 12 year old girl, hektik sniper is the coolest brit I know, Styx is a 34 year old irishman and kn0t...well he's just creepy.

Sorry to those I couldnt be bothered to add, but nevertheless, I salute the Soldat community and supporters (and do the V sign to the haters...)

the west coast of the US and Japan aren't that far away from each other...

Tibia has the suckiest.community.ever.

Im a creepy looking 13 year old.

AerialAssault
May 14, 2004, 8:54 pm
i hate soldat because its helped me get fat, and its helped destroy my social life *cough* i love soldat!

Zoolander
May 14, 2004, 9:09 pm
I litterally wasted a entire summer playing soldat, with the occasional trip to 7-11. The community has actually gone down hill ever since ::hiss:: 1.2, alot of cool people left and left the forums boring :/

cup_of_squirrels
May 14, 2004, 9:13 pm
Damn you 1.2!

Now, I will pay b00sta in cookies to move this to the lounge so we can cheese BMF off buhaha

DrocK
May 14, 2004, 10:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
i hate soldat because its helped me get fat, and its helped destroy my social life *cough* i love soldat!

you get fat if you spend 24/7 on the computer and eating donuts

Zoolander
May 14, 2004, 11:04 pm
quote:you get fat if you spend 24/7 on the computer and eating donuts

thanks for pointing that out.

Yin_Starrunner
May 14, 2004, 11:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrocK
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault

you get fat if you spend 24/7 on the computer and eating donuts

And is that such a bad thing?

Dathker
May 15, 2004, 12:25 am
yes...IM RACIST AGAINST FAT PEOPLE :)

i wuv soldat cuz squal pwns! and so does soldat [;)]

Hitman
May 15, 2004, 12:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman on the 11 Mar 2004 : 22:27:09 in this topic
Although the Soldat game play is great, I think that the one reason why so many people like Soldat and have been playing it for so long is cause of the Community and because of the ease with which people, who know each other, are able to 'bump' into each other on different servers. Lol, the other day I meet BMF in some Brazilian server, at the bottom of the list, and then I got the [:-censored]ing Decompression failed error! I mean think about it, Soldat without this community would suck, you go on a server, you hardly/don?t chat and you don't know anybody. I think it?s mainly due to the small size of the community, so it kind of seems like family (No, I haven?t been smoking anything)?with the distant relatives such as SuperKill?

Although this is the first game forum I've been in, I'm sure that it's pretty unique, I mean we have so many characteristics in here, that makes this place special. IMHO if Soldat didn't have the community it has now, I'd have already left Soldat a while ago due to boredom. I mean don?t get me wrong I love Soldat and love playing it, but the people who I now know from it and the community just top it off! That?s why people come back, cause not only do they miss Soldat they miss the community..
In my opinion, that's why people love Soldat.

wormdundee
May 15, 2004, 4:15 am
i like how you quote yourself, it makes you seem very humble :D

kevith
May 15, 2004, 4:34 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundee
i like how you quote yourself, it makes you seem very humble :D
It sure beats just repeating yourself over and over... and over. And over. Reminds me of the suggestions forum. [;)]

gi.joe
May 15, 2004, 7:44 am
quote: i hate soldat because its helped me get fat, and its helped destroy my social life *cough* i love soldat!

rotfl

typical.. whenever something goes wrong in an americans life.. they ALWAYS seem to find a scapegoat

do some laps fatty!

cup_of_squirrels
May 15, 2004, 9:27 am
Sponsered fat people run...

Askur
May 15, 2004, 9:43 am
Nice to see how this tribute thread degenerated into a rant on peoples physique.

Droopy
May 15, 2004, 10:43 am
I love soldat! Dunno why! I guess it's becouse it's so simple! I jet fire jump and run! Every noob can play it! This make's it Good for all kind's! Stupid, simple, fat, thin, racist(oho! That's for sure), black, white, pink, gold, smart, and unpleasent to be around! It's free for all! And everyone's welcome! WELCOME!!!!

But I miss the old versions! Gosh! I've been whining about this for a month now! We seriously need something new in soldat! To attract the veterans! I wonder if we get 25 new maps and 2 new mod's if LXS would join again:P

Meandor
May 15, 2004, 11:52 am
Community? Where? :|

KnOt
May 15, 2004, 11:53 am
'and kn0t...well he's just creepy.'

Oi!

achan1989
May 15, 2004, 1:54 pm
why it is so great? because of everything.
the game rox.
the community rox.
period. nothing else needs to be said.

Aquarius
May 15, 2004, 3:15 pm
Why I love Soldat? The three words explain everything:

simplicity, playability, community

AerialAssault
May 15, 2004, 6:05 pm
i like how the whole word stereotypes every single american to be one way. and i was kidding, i dont like donuts, and i was fat before a started playing soldat.

cup_of_squirrels
May 16, 2004, 5:41 pm
ack, I got kn0t mad :(

KnOt
May 17, 2004, 12:53 pm
Arrr.. I'm not mad.. I suppose you were just being honest. I like soldat for the same reasons as squirrel boy anyway..The community, you gotta love some of the characters we've got.

Element_101
May 17, 2004, 1:15 pm
If your fat get off the computer and do something! not to brag but im one of the fitest guys in my school just becasue you play computer dosent mean you have to follow the sterotype and become a tub of lard

DT
May 19, 2004, 1:52 pm
If you guys love soldat so much then marry it.... lol
I Like soldat cuz thiers no fags on the forums and thiers Dualing Desert Eagles and a law... and of course the rare 2d scrolling action/shooting game thats fun.

773D
May 19, 2004, 11:26 pm
Why I love Soldat?

What other game allows you to literally blow someone's head off and then piss on their corpse?

:P