( search forums )
Barret recoil
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeepII
May 15, 2004, 12:39 pm
Hi guys!
I played realistic today (i think it was the 2nd time or something *lol*) and saw that every weapon has recoil. BUT NOT THE BARRET! why has the barret no recoil in realistic?!

Chakra
May 15, 2004, 1:02 pm
..it would be kinda funny to be knocked back about 1/4 of a screen every time you fired, wouldn't it..

Askur
May 15, 2004, 1:02 pm
Because the barret is designed to be a sniper rifle. So the idea is you are stationary and most sniper rifles come with recuil mods. It doesn't matter either way since it's so slow to reload that any competent player would have adjusted back whether he was camping or assaulting.

Toni_Cicerelli
May 16, 2004, 12:11 am
Are you suggesting giving it recoil? That would be a major waste of 10 min for MM.

Fangus Deef
May 16, 2004, 12:18 am
and it cuts down on realistic barret assulting...er, i mean, inspires camping and sniping! yea, that's it!

BMF
May 16, 2004, 1:34 am
Recoil brilliant idea considering that the barret fires every 5 seconds.

Barret recoil improved: Since barret is so powerful every time you shoot, it gets knocked out of your hands. So no reload time or recoil, but after each shot you have to pick up the rifle from the ground.

Shyo
May 16, 2004, 2:01 am
then you would have to reload.

Askur
May 16, 2004, 2:14 pm
...while listening to the "It's a small world after all" song being blasted to the max on your speakers. That would teach those barretards... :p

Dathker
May 16, 2004, 2:19 pm
i like chaks idea of being blasted 4 screens away, and then get damage on yourself

DeepII
May 16, 2004, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
..it would be kinda funny to be knocked back about 1/4 of a screen every time you fired, wouldn't it..

yes! so if you don't prone or crouch you will get knocked back and get damage on yourself! and if you're flying you will get knocked back and BANG "Killed by a wall"! *lol*

Chakra
May 16, 2004, 8:05 pm
the self-damage thing sounds a little extreme...after all, it's real mode. Surviving with a barret in real mode is hard enough as it is.

But still, it'd be kinda funny, and in a way helpful if it knocked you back a few soldat-inches, 'cos it'd jump you out of the enemies aim, especially while in air. Could even be used for a slight boost for jumping.

Kazuki
May 17, 2004, 1:17 am
Barret is a semi-unstoppable weapon anyway, it doesn't need improvements. Maybe there should only be a slight recoil while in the air, but not while stationary. It makes the most sence that way.

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 17, 2004, 7:06 am
I remember, the barret used to have recoil in the old versions, for some reason, MM took it away...

DT
May 17, 2004, 1:57 pm
quote:Barret is a semi-unstoppable weapon anyway, it doesn't need improvements. Maybe there should only be a slight recoil while in the air, but not while stationary. It makes the most sence that way.
agreed

Kazuki
May 17, 2004, 2:09 pm
Yeah, what I mean by semi-unstoppable is that it can only be stopped if it either misses or if you have a bulletproof vest on. The M79 is different because you can avoid it by keeping your distance.

DeepII
May 17, 2004, 3:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
[...]Maybe there should only be a slight recoil while in the air, but not while stationary. It makes the most sence that way.

Maybe this would be the best...

Deleted User
May 18, 2004, 8:39 am
yea probably

Gaso
May 18, 2004, 10:40 am
Barret is useless in realistic so there is no need to add any recoil to it.

Major Pissant
May 18, 2004, 10:45 am
I agree with Kazuki. my thought exactly.

Kazuki
May 18, 2004, 2:17 pm
Gaso, no weapon is ever useless if you know how to use it right. For example, the barret against the Desert Eagles. The DE's only shoot so far, so if you have a good shot, just keep your distance to make it harder for them to hit you, and blast them in the air, or you could move a screen away and use the scope, which is technically not considered camping since you're only stationary for a few seconds.

blackdevil0742
May 18, 2004, 6:38 pm
yeah it would be great if the barret would have recoil.

Droopy
May 18, 2004, 7:41 pm
I stoped being a baretard! 1 down i guess!

I think the barret should have a huge recoil while in teh air! Being as powerfull as it is (it can pearce tank armor >:D) it would be better if the gun would fall out of baretard's hands. It should have a slight recoil while camping. Since it's so powerfull, the cursor should moove for a bit. This would also mean that the camper wouldn't be able to fire in the same point over and over again.

U get what I mean?

KnOt
May 18, 2004, 8:25 pm
Anything that degrades the Barret by a notch is ok by me.

kkazican
May 19, 2004, 11:58 pm
Well just to give you people a clear perspective of the barret.

http://www.republika.pl/barrett/pliki/1.rm

And here

http://www.republika.pl/barrett/zdjecia.html

And to give credit where it is due

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=12894&whichpage=1

longpolelaxer
May 22, 2004, 5:39 pm
if ur going to add recoil do it while standing only not while crouched or prone

Droopy
May 22, 2004, 5:59 pm
Barret should be like LAW! U can't fire while running or standing... Or like I said it would fall out of your hand's and there would be a sentence over your head saying: "Oh my damn arm!":P

GluLm
May 23, 2004, 12:13 am
quote:Droopy wrote:
Barret should be like LAW! U can't fire while running or standing...
Signed!
This is exactly how it should be. Can't fire while falling either!

Kazuki
May 23, 2004, 5:39 am
quote:Originally posted by kkazican
Well just to give you people a clear perspective of the barret.

http://www.republika.pl/barrett/pliki/1.rm

And here

http://www.republika.pl/barrett/zdjecia.html

And to give credit where it is due

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=12894&whichpage=1

Uh, yeah... Notice that in all of the pictures, people are LAYING DOWN! not standing, proning, or in the air, you see that Michal? ;) Degrading the Barret to that level will definately make it a secondary though.

DeepII
May 23, 2004, 9:13 pm
YES! that would be the best! but I think you should be still able to shoot while proning...not only while laying down...

DeMonIc
May 31, 2004, 6:30 pm
Oh yes.Barret should be able 2 shoot only in prone or crouch.That would be good.But it would encourage campers.. :'(.So then it should be a secondary, and a new primary weapon should come in instead of it.But that's not our role to decide, now is it?

.Death.
June 3, 2004, 1:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Askur
Because the barret is designed to be a sniper rifle. So the idea is you are stationary and most sniper rifles come with recuil mods. It doesn't matter either way since it's so slow to reload that any competent player would have adjusted back whether he was camping or assaulting.

Very true, plus it takes so long for the second shot that recoil wouldn't have mattered in the first place.

DeepII
June 3, 2004, 4:28 pm
Yes, but it would be realistic. And if you fire while not crouching or proning, maybe the barret would fall off your hands (I'm talking about realistic mode! In the normal game this would just...suck!)

psyko
June 5, 2004, 11:14 am

I don't think a barret would fall out of your hands if you shot on the move...

realistically, more likely the shot would miss by a mile and you may end up bruising your arm or shoulder...

the whole point snipers go prone is because it both keeps the rifle alot steadier, it camouflages them better than standing up and they are less of a target...

not, because if they fire standing up their rifle will go flying out of their hands...

this could happen with a little kid or something though, but I doubt anyone who can use the weapons in soldat would have the barret flying from their hands...

I think instead if you try to shoot while running or falling with the barret the crosshair would be unsteady while you are trying to aim...

Meandor
June 5, 2004, 1:30 pm
I guess i can't leave you guys with a thread about barret open without you starting to argue over balance eh?
Now, nothing in soldat is realistic, so don't hang on the fact that barret especially isn't to have it nerfed.
If you don't agree, i'll show you soldat realism by strapping a pair of rockets to your legs.
And no, i don't care if barret is nerfed or not, i'm not for or against it, but if you read this forum rules, or Michal's quotes from other barret nerf threads, it's clearly stated he doesn't want to change it.