( search forums )
Gamble on Soldat Duels (Also bet on Trigr+Avskum)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
May 18, 2004, 1:39 pm
That bloody Hitman, got me doing allsorts now... *shakes fist in air.*

Anyhow, for the sake of clarity I'll make new threads for every set of duels that are issued. And here's the first set!

But first, theres a few basic rules to get through.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

First off, almost anyone can provide a decent server for dueling, but if you can help out particularly say so in this thread babe.

Second, if the duelers are fine with having one of them act as host, this'll obviously change the betting odds to their favour slightly depending on how far apart they are from one another.

eg: player 1 and player 2 fight on a friend's server, and they're both 3/1... But if player 1 hosts, then it'll be 2/1 for player 1. Because of this, odds are likely to minor change from what's advertised.

Thirdly, knowing which map and weapon a player should/will be playing, although significant to the results (and thus the betting odds), is too much info to gather in order to get a simple duel underway. So these factors shall remain a mystery except to the duelers. Hey, gambling is risky.

Fourthly, some of you duelers may question the odds placed towards you. As in the world of horse racing, when a new horse enters it has nothing to be judged on except it's health. So if you think you've been poorly judged, win a match or two and you'll teach me wrong.

Finally, before going head-first into a duel, talk it off here so the rest of us get a heads-up on it first, 'k?

For you duelers, basic dueling guidelines are all thats essential.

Any weapons, any maps, any server, you decide. All that you must follow is:

2 out of 3 maps must be won.

30 kills per round.

Respect for the other player.

Alright then, time to smack off some duels.

I'd like to see WormDundee vs Duke at some point. Both of you are from Canada so you should both get fair pings wherever you can find to play. What's a good time for both of you, or would you rather just ad-lib and get it done sometime before the weekend?

Not knowing either all that well, I think it only fair that I either get some opinions first, or they humbly rate themselves (they both seem adult enough).

Next up, the British BA couple Hektik Sniper vs Cold Fusion.

4/1 for Hektik winning
3/1 for Cold Fusion winning.

I know you guys adequately, and you're both in the same clan so communication won't be a problem.
Game is scheduled for Wednesday 7pm(ish) GMT.

Third and final duel i'd like to arrange this afternoon is Avskum vs sv|Trigr. Both of you are fair, swedish (barretard)players, so it should be a tight fight.

5/1 sv|Trigr wins.
4/1 Avskum wins.

Game'll be about midnightish on Thursday. Pair of vamps..

To place a bet, contact Hitman through forums PM: http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/privatesend.asp?method=Topic&mname=Hitman

For a list of rules and guidelines (other than those in this thread) check http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=14284

To sign up for dueling, let it be known in http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=14262&whichpage=1

This first post in this thread is likely to be updated frequently.

Hektik Sniper
May 18, 2004, 1:41 pm
rawr.. we can play whenever

edit - seems like its wednesday at 7pm for our duel, gotta check with fusion though.

Kazuki
May 18, 2004, 2:01 pm
I might be able to help out with the server problem. Mine is sturdy. Not too high in ping, especially with only 2 people. I just don't know so much about lag, someone will have to try it out first.

Outcast
May 18, 2004, 2:03 pm
Chakra & Duels? /me shrugs

blackdevil0742
May 18, 2004, 6:19 pm
I'll would like to duel.

Chakra
May 18, 2004, 6:20 pm
There's a thread for signing up. Check the bottom of my post.

blackdevil0742
May 18, 2004, 6:25 pm
I did it yesterday. Hitman haven't written my name yet so i thougt that i was to late. But i guess that he has a lot of things going on right now.

Trigr
May 18, 2004, 6:44 pm
nither me or avskum are a barretard :]

BMF
May 18, 2004, 7:11 pm
I can provide a (very?) good server for USA players.

Avskum
May 18, 2004, 7:12 pm
Me and Trigr are ready thursday 23:00 GMT.

Deleted User
May 18, 2004, 7:32 pm
I can host a 512k server for British players, if needed.

Famine
May 18, 2004, 7:46 pm
Do I ask for a duel? or am just paired up randomly?

Chakra
May 18, 2004, 8:03 pm
randomly...unless (more) death threats arrive in my mail.

KnOt
May 18, 2004, 8:07 pm
Chakra has the impression that all of sv use a barret, when in actuall fact only 1 or 2 of them do.. *sigh* Chakra has a thick skull, one most difficult to drill through, you cant make him think something else once he has this idea in his head..

n00bface
May 18, 2004, 9:05 pm
thank you for turning this into a barret discussion KnOt...

wormdundee
May 19, 2004, 12:06 am
well chakra im not really sure what the odds would be for me and duke, its been a hella long time since ive played him, so im not sure how good he is or anything of that sort

from what i can remember, we're pretty close in skill

but i should play some kinda practice match or something against him just to help figure out the odds

as for times, i cant be sure of times for tomorrow, so not wednesday
but other then wednesday, im thinkin thursday or friday at around 4:10 p.m. PST or something like that

Hitman
May 19, 2004, 12:07 am
Make it friday :) There are already two going on, one on Wednesday and Thursday.

Shyo
May 19, 2004, 12:19 am
wont be able to duel for 2 weeks because of vacation :p

I'm just adding this, so hitman doesnt have to pick me :p

Weed
May 19, 2004, 12:38 am
as i said before to Hitman, the first round of Duels can help you guys make a ranking, that way the odds are better calculated... something like a boxing ranking...

Hova
May 19, 2004, 1:39 am
Are you guys accepting any more duelists?

Element_101
May 19, 2004, 3:11 am
Are there gonna be any australian duals?

Chakra
May 19, 2004, 3:16 am
yes, more duelers please. I don't think theres a limit.

yes we like australians. your government's paying you £1000 for every baby now, so if you start now, maybe in a few years time you'll be able to buy your kids a PC to fight them on.

Element_101
May 19, 2004, 3:23 am
Ha Ha Chakra you raciest pig!

UK was and always will be the most aragont country!

DeafBox
May 19, 2004, 6:31 am
quote:yes we like australians. your government's paying you £1000 for every baby now, so if you start now, maybe in a few years time you'll be able to buy your kids a PC to fight them on.
LOL! how did u hear about that!
yeah, its fcuking stupid, but we have a massive older population and if the young ppl dont start having children we wont have enough peeps to work and pay thier hospital bills.

Anyway, Element i would love to deul ya. If ur up for it that is. i can organise a neutral server, all u have to do it turn up.
Pm me if ur interested.

Hitman
May 19, 2004, 3:02 pm
(Made Sticky)

Ok, Quite a few people have already been placing bets on the duels, and they have probably noticed that they have not been placed, because they haven't received the 'confirmation' PM. I'll explain why.

Ya'll probably think I'm doing it the hard way when people place there bets, well I'm not. Well, I've done something pretty clever in Excel and Word. In Excel I've got a table with the following columns:

Name | Total Money | Current Bet | On Who | Odds | Gain/Loss

In the rows I've got the details. Now, in a word Document I've got my main post in the other topic. What I've done is I've made links from the excel table to the word document, so all I have to do when someone places a bet is change the details in the table and it automatically changes it in the Word document. Then all I have to do is edit my main post, and copy and paste the stuff from the word pad in to there.

Anyways, atm I'm working on extending that. I'm gonna have so that there will be two bets going on, one on a match and one on a duel. As soon as I have written it up, extended the table and linked everything I will start placing bets people have made on the duels. However, seeing as the first duel is tonight, I don't want people placing bets on that one (I will try and get it moved to Saturday), I want you to place bets on the duel between sv|Trigr and Avskum.

You can already make your bets (Place a bet) but they won't actually be placed until I've finished the 'upgrade'. When I have I will announce the duel in the other topic and the bets that have been made will be placed and more bets will be accepted. However, remember if you have placed a bet on the match between C'n's and BA, you can only use the money you have leftover.

The odds for Sv|Trigr are 5/1 and for 4/1 for Avskum.

Hektik Sniper
May 19, 2004, 5:07 pm
why the hell cant we bet on our duel tonight? >=(

Chakra
May 19, 2004, 6:05 pm
Long story short, Hitman's got a job and is a bit busy! ...he told me with flowers...

Hektik Sniper
May 19, 2004, 6:19 pm
bah, then let someone else handle it. We are still gonna be dueling tonight though :P

Cold Fusion
May 19, 2004, 6:28 pm
WHAT?! NO BETS?!

Bah, I've already given you your allotted beating for the month, HS :P

EDIT: No wait, HS is teh pwnage! *cough* lengthen my odds! *cough*

Chakra
May 19, 2004, 6:34 pm
ohhhh i'm sure you can put your bets on tonight anyway....just Hitman is busy so he won't be able to 'update' results to you all quick-ish. I think we're going too fast. I've decided to move out of Hitman's room...we won't see other people, just have some time apart, etc..

Fact is it's just a bit much (understandably) for his mathematical excel system to handle 3 duels and a ctf war at the same time I think. So from here on after you can expect to see just 1 duel arranged at any given time.

Deleted User
May 19, 2004, 7:14 pm
Its not hard, its just Hitmans retarded. He said he made the first system whilst having a poop (and they say men can't multi task!). That means it only took him 5 minutes, unless he has problems pooping (I'm looking at you Chakra).

Hitman
May 19, 2004, 10:52 pm
Ok, I've done the 'upgrade', you can now bet on both a Match and a Duel...Yes, yes, I know, I'm sexy. Check my other topic. All I have to do now is make a pic for the Matches like I've done for the duels.quote:Its not hard, its just Hitmans retarded.I know it's not hard loser, it's just linking everything...*Has an idea*...I'll show you. Everything which is in bold is linked to the table in Excel.quote:Gamblers (35)

Chakra (£50) |
---
Chakra(£50) Has bet:|£10|
HOMO to winNow, that's just for one person, I had to do that for 35 Gamblers, and then the same thing over again for the duels. It's not hard, it just takes time :)

Element_101
May 20, 2004, 1:50 am
Hitman I know you on now so id like to ask why are you dong this??

Its got to be a lot of extra work, I know It will help the community but is it worth the burdon!

popseed
May 20, 2004, 11:00 am
michal could have said the samething, and then we wouldnt have to read what you say, so i guess im sad he didnt.

Hitman
May 20, 2004, 12:46 pm
Lol, it's just setting it up which takes time. Everything is now linked so all I do is just change the details in the table and that's it. Easy.

Element_101
May 21, 2004, 3:06 am
Good dont push your self to hard! im sure even this community would understand if it were to much work