( search forums )
Why? The last man who....thread
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Duke33
May 22, 2004, 5:36 am
The last man who write a post win free license. I have seen these words (or something like them. It used to be The last man who write a post wins, I think) since I came on the forums. That was a long time ago. And, I looked at it back then (only like 30 pages, I think) and it was full of people saying 'I win'. 'No, I win'. 'HAHAHAHA I won'. 'You [:-censored]bag, I won!!!!!'. And so on. And then pompous little pricks (I was one of them, once. Maybe I still am. Eh, Weed?) saying 'Get a life', or the equivalent.

I have not looked at that thread for a year. I looked at it today. Its still the same.

I find this depressing.

Anyne know why people still do this? I mean, for a week, sure. Sort of funny, for a week. But for over a year...

Weed
May 22, 2004, 5:47 am
Woot?
what does that have to do with me Dear Duke?

Aquarius
May 22, 2004, 6:32 am
I win!

n00bface
May 22, 2004, 7:08 am
lol me and eyic got the poster to come back and edit the topic.. gaha..

that fuking sniper
May 22, 2004, 7:36 am
Peer pressure and illusional trends might be the answer.

SuperKill
May 22, 2004, 11:58 am
anyone remember the address to that thing where you have the iraqi kid's pic and you get to write what he will have in the sign he's holding

Melba
May 22, 2004, 12:41 pm
http://www.ryano.net/iraq/?944835

wormdundee
May 22, 2004, 5:03 pm
no, dont stop that thread, we have to try and get longest thread in the world title!

it will never stop!

n/a
May 22, 2004, 5:13 pm
well, there just always will be potential 'winners' who see posting in this thread as an exclusive opportunity to win at least one thing in their life.

villekallio
May 22, 2004, 5:16 pm
I think i was here when it started. Not sure though.

Hitman
May 22, 2004, 6:23 pm
quote:Posted - 15 Oct 2002 : 10:48:56quote:Member Since: 08 Feb 2003Nope :p

?
May 22, 2004, 7:24 pm
That topic is one of the only topics that guy qtr or whatever his name is posts in, I have noticed that...

Hitman
May 22, 2004, 7:26 pm
Yeah so have I, what a loser.

Fangus Deef
May 23, 2004, 4:04 am
yea, he's the loser, cause you guys noticed that. you have much fuller lives than he could ever know!!

Why dont Styx kill it? who looks at page 78, or 45, or anything? it's all a waste of bandwidth i tells ya!!!!

gi.joe
May 23, 2004, 9:08 am
not really...

*waits for some knowledgeable person to say why

palloco
May 23, 2004, 9:42 am
I already made atopic asking for it to be closed... I guess Styx did not read it...

Weed
May 23, 2004, 9:49 am
i still wanna know what Duke ment when he said mah name...
*me gets eaten up by his curiosity

Element_101
May 23, 2004, 11:23 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bface

eyic... what ever happened to him. Him and NightCabbage were the only high posters - (people that been here for ages) from Australia that come to mind... this makes me sad... [:(]

Melba
May 23, 2004, 12:56 pm
i made a topic about it too! GOD that was a traumatic moment
*trying to ignore the memories* buhuhuhuhuhu[:-weepn]
anyway, i'm sure many of u guys flamed me aswell, shame on you!!!!1
almost afraid of bringing this back, but remember i was new to thw forums
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=13616

Hitman
May 23, 2004, 5:27 pm
quote:Why dont Styx kill it? who looks at page 78, or 45, or anything? it's all a waste of bandwidth i tells ya!!!!quote:I already made atopic asking for it to be closed... I guess Styx did not read it...I talked to Styx a while back about locking it and asked if it did actually waste bandwidth. He said it did, but it's not noticable. I still hate that thread with passion though.

Deleted User
May 23, 2004, 8:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
quote:Originally posted by n00bface

eyic... what ever happened to him. Him and NightCabbage were the only high posters - (people that been here for ages) from Australia that come to mind... this makes me sad... [:(]

NightCabbage moved house and doesn't have access to the internet, so he officially left the forums, and Eyic shuffled off because:

1) He was angry at the overpowered automatics (which I never understood).
2) He wanted to be cool and leet and leave the game in protest like all the cool people did on the release of 1.1.

morpheus
May 23, 2004, 8:36 pm
the only real bandwidth issue with this particular thread would be with the search function. searching through a thread that contains nothing but, "i win, you lose! hahaha!" is a waste. and considering there's 134 pages of that junk, it does take extra time and consumes server resources for no good reason.

Dathker
May 24, 2004, 3:45 am
i won that! justr like i won this and it was like 123 pages... of no BS I WIN!

kevith
May 24, 2004, 7:51 am
quote:Originally posted by morpheus
the only real bandwidth issue with this particular thread would be with the search function.
How often does one search The Bash Pit? I know I have before, but I think I'm one of the few...

n00bface
May 24, 2004, 8:44 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith
quote:Originally posted by morpheus
the only real bandwidth issue with this particular thread would be with the search function.
How often does one search The Bash Pit? I know I have before, but I think I'm one of the few...

i looked there a few times too..for old blag posts..they make me laugh

qtR`
May 24, 2004, 9:15 am
quote:Originally posted by ?
That topic is one of the only topics that guy qtr or whatever his name is posts in, I have noticed that...

Its not the only topic that I post in, I just post there everytime im at the forum, Is there anything wrong with that? Just tell me... Also why dose that make me a loser? Tell me that!

gi.joe
May 24, 2004, 10:20 am
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahah

i was waiting for you to come around....

qtR`
May 28, 2004, 10:32 am
quote:Originally posted by gi.joe
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahah

i was waiting for you to come around....

[:O]
Whats so wrong with posting there everytime I comes to the forums? I got lots of time...[:D]