( search forums )
Stationary Guns Don't Work.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
AWH_ReApEr
May 22, 2004, 11:32 pm
Every stationary gun I try to put in a map never works. It simply isn't in the map anywhere. Any ideas? Thanx.

Tha Doggfather
May 22, 2004, 11:57 pm
make sure you didnt turn off SGs in your soldat.ini (in the soldat directory)

open this file and look for Stationary_Guns=0, change that line to Stationary_Guns=1

b00stA
May 23, 2004, 12:47 am
umm, there's no need to edit the Soldat.ini, just open Soldat, click the "Options" tab and check the Stationary gun in the weapons menu.

otherwise.. make sure there's a litte space between the SG symbol and the ground.

AWH_ReApEr
May 23, 2004, 6:12 am
Okay, I got the guns to appear there, but what causes them to shoot really slow?

Tha Doggfather
May 23, 2004, 10:33 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
umm, there's no need to edit the Soldat.ini, just open Soldat, click the "Options" tab and check the Stationary gun in the weapons menu.

otherwise.. make sure there's a litte space between the SG symbol and the ground.

oh right, that was still the way to turn them on/off in 1.1.5

Reaper, i had this bug too, i dont know exactly whats causing it, but try placing them on different spaces from the ground, and avoid places where 2 polygons come together. it seems to work for me.

btw your signature is a bit too large, it can be 300*125 pixels and 20 kb in size maximum, please change it.

b00stA
May 23, 2004, 1:41 pm
yep, the SG shoots really slow when you place it on a "bouncy" polygon.
Just change the angle of the polygon or put another one on top of it.

Dathker
May 23, 2004, 2:43 pm
yeah... speaking of this.. how come it doesn't work some times?