( search forums )
New newbie! :P
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Joost
May 28, 2004, 7:25 am
Hey there all, been playing soldat for a while now, just need to say it r0x! ;)

Just wondering where most regular players play .. cause I wish to see more of the same players rather than joining random public servers.

Somehow I can't seem to get a good server list in Soldat though, maybe up to 15 servers max, of which 90% has ??? as ping. Does anyone know what's wrong here?

thnx all :)

Aquarius
May 28, 2004, 8:23 am
Another newbie! [:)] Good, good! Regular players play on regular servers (does it make any sense?, LOL!)

Well, I play rarely and on random servers so I can't answer... DNAGames was good before 1.2 came out, but it doesn't exist any more [:(]

Oh, I like to play on servers with "recrutation" in the server name, because it's like playing some elimination mode, - the last one player is kicked very often [;)] I think such mode should be implemented to Soldat, LOL!

Welcome to Soldat Joost, I hope someone will answer your question better than me [:-weepn]

Drama
May 28, 2004, 11:51 am
get mIRC (chat program) www.mirc.com

When you have installed:
join quakenet irc server and some channel, probably the most soldat players is in #fragbait

if you have problems with mirc use google.

n00bface
May 28, 2004, 12:08 pm
#2wai.soldat usually has ~10 more people in it than fragbait..gah..at least during my times..

cup_of_squirrels
May 28, 2004, 1:26 pm
yay another new player ^^

Hektik Sniper
May 28, 2004, 2:32 pm
or come play with the AI bot in #britisharmy ;)

BlackSpear
May 28, 2004, 7:05 pm
lol some major irc # advertisement :P
welcome joost...

Askur
May 28, 2004, 7:31 pm
Welcome to the fine community that Soldat offers Joost. May your frags be numerous and messy.

May 28, 2004, 7:36 pm
Don't worry about aquarius coming on a bit strong, he's still ecstatic from the song i made him

zephyr
May 28, 2004, 8:17 pm
Welcome from a noob also!

ZeroX
May 28, 2004, 9:56 pm
Well, you can't really be an old newbie.

Welcome, though.

Clowd
May 28, 2004, 10:49 pm
I'm also new. Well, to the forum anyway. I've been playing Soldat for about 6 months now, and I just joined the forums, heheh.

Anyway, consider yet another newb entering!

Fangus Deef
May 29, 2004, 12:52 am
STAY AWAY FROM THE SUGGESTIONS FORUM UNLESS YOU HAVE SEARCHED THROUGH ALL THE POSTS, OR YOULL GET YELLED AT.
welcome/your welcome

Dathker
May 29, 2004, 2:07 am
w0w three n00bs at once ;) i wonder how many we can handle..
thehehe i remember when i was a n00b to the forums... i sure didn't go around saying HELLO IM a N00B HOW BOUT YOU?

Essentle
May 29, 2004, 2:42 am
well I usually play in ultimate13 if its not full thought.. http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/

gi.joe
May 29, 2004, 7:57 am
*parp*

[IMAGE]

Chakra
May 29, 2004, 2:26 pm
That is a very stupid pic, gi joe.

Anyone knows that the Cookie Monster would NEVER give away a cookie.

Melba
May 29, 2004, 2:57 pm
lol so very true.... so very true

May 29, 2004, 3:33 pm
Is this accurate enough?
[IMAGE]

Hektik Sniper
May 29, 2004, 3:47 pm
Or maybe this? :p

[IMAGE]

Kazuki
May 29, 2004, 4:48 pm
Welcome, Joost. Well, sometimes a lot of the experienced players that play on Games.Himitsukichi or [sG]StaticGamer. Of course, there are always the clan servers, like the DsA| clan server and the |Who? Clan server. Sometimes they may have a pass on them, meaning there is a clanwar happening. Otherwise, its just a public server and most of the experienced players go there.

Uzzi
May 29, 2004, 5:19 pm
Good euro servers would be 2Wai, c'n's and SN, they may be passworded so come to IRC to find out what they are, if your curious..

Melba
May 29, 2004, 7:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Welcome, Joost. Well, sometimes a lot of the experienced players that play on Games.Himitsukichi or [sG]StaticGamer. Of course, there are always the clan servers, like the DsA| clan server and the |Who? Clan server. Sometimes they may have a pass on them, meaning there is a clanwar happening. Otherwise, its just a public server and most of the experienced players go there.

G.H and [sG] server lags like hell for ppl from europe[:-weepn]

Hektik Sniper
May 29, 2004, 7:41 pm
i get a 100 or so ping to sG. But its got a cheater on it normally ¬_¬

gi.joe
May 30, 2004, 1:20 am
ahahahahahah Hektik that was legendary...

oh and Chakky... if u ACTUALLY watched sesamie street you would see that cookie monster actually HAS given a cookie to Jon Jon (the token black kid they have on the show), before...

FroG-BoY
May 30, 2004, 4:25 am
Not everyone watches childrens shows, gi.joe.

gi.joe
May 30, 2004, 4:46 am
hey... entertainment comes in many forms my friend.. if u dont watch it.... its your loss not mine..

Chakra
May 30, 2004, 3:03 pm
I've drifted from Sesame Street I must confess. I'm a Hoobs boy now.

Still, SS will always have a place in my heart. Especially that bit where REM sang 'furry happy monsters'.

BlackSpear
May 30, 2004, 4:34 pm
never liked Sesame Street, already found it too borring to watch even as a little kid, now insector gadget and alfred jodocus kwak where cool :P

gi.joe
May 30, 2004, 9:59 pm
sesamme street can be accredited with teaching millions of pple worldwide how to count and how to recognise letters etc

and that REM bit was pretty mean ive gotta say

CracK
May 31, 2004, 11:44 am
Guys! why havent you suggested Cr4cK.Biz? soldat://cs.noddle.net:23073

Keinonen
June 1, 2004, 7:01 pm
Welcome Joost. You know there are lots of assholes in here who just talk BS in here and call everyone a noob and stuff... ignore them and you'll do fine...

BlackSpear
June 1, 2004, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keinonen
Welcome Joost. You know there are lots of assholes in here who just talk BS in here and call everyone a noob and stuff... ignore them and you'll do fine...

If you play soldat on public servers you are already used to ignoring the n00b calling, barret flaming and all the works ;)
couse it's a lot worse there then here. (couse here there are moderators [:-shake])

Joost
June 2, 2004, 3:50 pm
Thnx all for yar help :) gonna test out a few servers now :)

ohh.. and on the OMG OMG OMFG HAX CHETA NOOB CAMPER! 1112 (etc)

I am used to it .. after CS :P

Sekushi
June 2, 2004, 9:55 pm
you will be quick to learn Soldat > CS :D

Element_101
June 3, 2004, 1:18 am
Welcome to the spaming, flaming and constant put downs that make up this forum, arrah what a nice commnuity...

BlackSpear
June 3, 2004, 12:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
Welcome to the spaming, flaming and constant put downs that make up this forum, arrah what a nice commnuity...

hehe yes, but still everyone respects each other (with the exception of a few, but they probably had it comming)

Element_101
June 3, 2004, 1:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear
quote:Originally posted by Element_101

hehe yes, but still everyone respects each other (with the exception of a few, but they probably had it comming)

Lol well thats one way to put it :D

Skate4Razors
June 4, 2004, 2:47 pm
Welcome Joost!![:D] To tell you the truth, I usually play with random people... It's a lot funner because the same person wont kill you over n' over!! I guess that's me though...

Snipedmyself
June 15, 2004, 6:14 pm
Tip: look at server speeed and scope out the non-dedicated :)

(psst, dont give away U13...rar)