( search forums )
Weird
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Silverblade987
May 28, 2004, 8:30 am
First, I Didn't Know Where Exactly I Should Start This Topic, So, Here Goes

One Day, I Decided I'd Play A Deathmatch Game

After A Couple Of Minutes Of Gameplay, I Realized That Something Weird Was Going On

We, (me and the bots), Were Playing A Deathmatch Style Gameplay (every man for himself), But, We Were On An Infiltration Map (Abel), However, We Were Playing Capture The Flag. At One Point, I Did Carry The Red And Blue Flag. I've Taken Screenshots Of It. In The End, I Won The Game After Having 30 Kills Meaning That I Won Through Deathmatch Standards

Can Anyone Explain This To Me?

Captain RibMan
May 28, 2004, 8:59 am
i guess that the map had ctf flags and since you were playing DM then it didnt count

Askur
May 28, 2004, 11:24 am
You can play different gamestyles in flag maps. For some reason there's a server in my country which plays Rambomatches on CtF maps. But I think that's more due to the fact that no one really bothered to look at what they were doing when they put it up.

May 28, 2004, 11:33 am
Infiltration on ctf_death on realistic mode... Yummeh.

Arsche
May 28, 2004, 11:38 am
on the dedicaded server is a soldat.ini to configurate the server.
there is a line, which decides, what kind of game you are playing: GameStyle=number
number=1 is deathmatch and number=3 for example is CTF.
so... just open that file and edit that line and all will be fine. =)

BManx2000
May 29, 2004, 3:44 am
Is There Any Reason Why You Capitalized Every Word?

Captain RibMan
May 29, 2004, 4:45 am
hahahah i didnt notice that

gi.joe
May 29, 2004, 7:45 am
enter BMANX2000!

your helpful pointer outer guy

:P

Meandor
May 29, 2004, 11:54 am
Or simply if you change to a ctf/inf map while playing DM,TDM,PM,RM (and vice versa) it will happen to have flags, or the modality unique elements but it'll keep the objective (ctf get to # caps, dm get to # kills etc..). There are many combinations, but i don't think any is actually playable ( in terms of balance and it not getting messed up )