( search forums )
MPK New to this forum... (New Map)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Grantax
May 28, 2004, 7:45 pm
Hi i'm new (like somebody cares...) :)

I've made two maps (don't complain, it's my first)

[URL]

Here my first map: (Arena 19)
[IMAGE]

And here is my second: (Noname) :(
[IMAGE]
(It's not that small, but i had to shrink it so i got an image of the whole map... And it's not so detailed there..)

Waypoints are ofcourse made

EDIT: Now you have to unzip it in the Soldat directory, because i've added the scenery-gfx, and the maps and gfx will be put in the folders they're supposed to be in..

Hitman
May 28, 2004, 7:47 pm
Welcome to the Forums :)

Moved to Maps Section.

Haro1121
May 28, 2004, 8:06 pm
dude arena 3..... just so u kno theres already a arena 3

Aquarius
May 28, 2004, 8:30 pm
Not bad for a first time.

Fangus Deef
May 28, 2004, 10:33 pm
there's also been arenas 4, 5, 7, and i think 10 :-P

Grantax
May 29, 2004, 12:38 am
What shall i name it then, Arena 82?

EDIT: Renamed arena 2 to arena 19...

Aquarius
May 29, 2004, 12:45 am
Don't name it Arena xy, nor Jungle xy. Choose another name...

Fangus Deef
May 29, 2004, 12:48 am
what's up with that hidious interface?

poyi19920624
May 29, 2004, 10:19 am
STOP WITH THE ARENA MAP! OMG!
Tips:
-Smoothen polygon
-shade polygon
-use more scenry
-ahhhhhhh stop with the arena!

Grantax
June 1, 2004, 1:28 pm
You missed a tip:
-Upload own scenery gfx...

1. Where do i download soldat 1.1.5

bucky_brad
June 1, 2004, 6:06 pm
holy jamoley they look like they would be helluva fun to play, i really like your style and once you start shading and such i think you will be making some dam nice maps.

Skate4Razors
June 2, 2004, 2:07 am
i'm not to experianced with maps, but i've always seen good reviews when your poly's are round instead of pointy & squares... I think it would be a fun map to play in though![:D]Keeeeeep ooooon maaaaapping!

Grantax
June 4, 2004, 2:50 pm
OH MY [:-censored]ING GOD!
I made a big map, but forgot to save it!

Grantax
June 4, 2004, 3:20 pm
Damn...
Tip:
Turn down the volume when testing a map without player spawn points.. (I had my headset on high volume, and that hurt!)

Grantax
June 4, 2004, 4:16 pm
New Map: (waypoints aren't finished yet)
[IMAGE]

About 40% real size

Normal size pictures:
[URL]
[URL]

Note that these only are pictures of the left half of the map because it's mirrored

Grantax
June 7, 2004, 5:14 pm
On soldat 1.2 i rarely see any bonuses on a map, when i see one, it disapears again after a second or two, what's wrong?

G2KT
June 7, 2004, 7:37 pm
Your getting better Gratax... Just try smoothing the polys some... Dont worry about it though, after awhile the map maker will become easy as pie. Then...Then is when you can really have fun with it :D

Try this grand... Im assumeing you have bonuses placed in your map... BTW they're not just suppose to show up like every other second of the map. They pop up for those lucky ones to grab them. They arent suppose to be just another pickup like Nades and health. But go into your options section after you've started soldat. This is where you set your soldat options and your server stuff. Look on the left side of the scree, you should see something that like Bonus Frequency or something. Im pretty forsure if you set that up to 5 that they will either appear more often or stay in the map longer.

[EDIT] It also looks like your pictures take quite a long time to load on your filespace website you got them hosted at. You might wanna try www.photobucket.com ... great..great place to host your screenshots and anyother pictures.

Grantax
June 11, 2004, 10:46 am
i'm not stupid, so i know about the options (those who don't should shoot themselves) and it is on 5... But then it's not supposed to be as on Soldat 1.1.5? because it's not..

Darac
June 12, 2004, 12:23 am
Grantax... dont listen to these people when they tell you to shade maps and curve your polygons... sure it may look a little better in SOME cases... but why dont you try somthing new. something no one has done before. its always easyer for a new person to do that because they have no ideas in their head about maps from the past.

also, key point: lern how to bot! trust me! there is no better way to make maps with good game play than playing maps. and the easiest way to play maps is to play against bots. if you need any tips just pm me. The key to lerning how to way point is simple trial and error... it may take a bit of time at first. but once you figure out how the bots move and respond in different situations you can start to bot complicated maps in only a hour or so...

Grantax
June 16, 2004, 7:02 pm
I haven't waypointed it yet because i don't have time...

Darac
June 17, 2004, 1:47 am
fair enough. i know i struggled to find time as well. but you know what you do then. just make each map take a few more days.

peemonkey
June 17, 2004, 2:02 am
is that my reason ive never really relsaeed maps? i make them in like, 5 min each

Darac
June 17, 2004, 5:52 am
that'll be why... good things take time.

viggoloniggolo
December 31, 2005, 8:39 pm
those maps are too...LOL

The Geologist
January 1, 2006, 8:28 pm
Alright man...seriously. You need to learn a few rules around here.

1) When you post something in serious part of the forums, make it worthwhile.
"Those are maps too lol" isn't worth posting, it's just one line of spam.
2) Don't revive old t pics! Thie topic is over a year old, why did you revive it to say nothing? Pay some attention to the date of the posts or people will keep accusing you of star hunting.