( search forums )
Yet another WWII map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
megabrain
June 6, 2004, 6:19 pm
This is my first map, it got some wierd stuff on it, not shadowed polygons, but I think it's a nice job for a first map.
It is not yet completed, I have to do some balancing and Bot-Waypointing, but I need some feedback and critics [:I]

Please if you have any advice to give, post them here, I need em to create better maps =)

EDIT: Updated with a completly redone map, having some edge fixes a.s.o. Also added some basic Bot-Waypointing for the Bravo team

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_wwii_omahabeach.JPG23.23 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_WWII_OmahaBeach.zip29.91 KB

Droopy
June 6, 2004, 6:50 pm
Well! It's a bit different from other maps... You could smoothen the edges and fix the flying sg...

G2KT
June 6, 2004, 9:55 pm
Not to bad for your first map... even though theres dozens and dozens and dozens of WW2 maps... in the future try shading and smoothing your polys... but dont worry. I started out just like you did. Every time you make a map you get better, and making soldat maps just come natural for me. Hey who knows maybe you'll turn out to be an awsome mapper. Keep trying and dont give up :)

ysr
June 6, 2004, 11:23 pm
any ww2 map is good- nice crater. will it be inf?
layout is v good- historical underwater tunnels there, but then there is te ol' jetpacks.
nice- sumin different- like g2kt said keep goin and your maps will constantly improve

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 7, 2004, 1:21 am
pretty nice map, but, i think it needs more shading, and the polygons needs to be less Triangleish

megabrain
June 7, 2004, 3:25 pm
Thanks for the replies, I'm trying to fix the edges, I probably have a fixed version tomorrow... =)

Darac
June 10, 2004, 11:18 am
sigh... iv come back to see what new talent has come about since i left. and sadly. im still seeing the same old things. think different peaple. i dont know how many versions of this damn map iv seen in my life. but i do know iv seen to many!

Hitman
June 10, 2004, 1:07 pm
..Wow, you're back.

Anyways, look around man, there have been quite a few good ones

Darac
June 10, 2004, 11:38 pm
im not fully back. im at university now, so i have no access to soldat it self... but here is a good place to waste time. maybe ill make a map or two in the holidays (in just over a week week).
hmmm didnt i see a mapping contest? sounds like a good reason to make a map. time to go look at the details and see when the dead line is.

Hitman
June 11, 2004, 12:12 am
Check out topic, it's on the first page.

Darac
June 11, 2004, 12:20 am
yeah... they arnt bad... but i have seen better. :P hitman; i think you should do that web page thing as i sugested on the map contest thread.

Uber Beast
July 16, 2004, 11:54 am
Nice MaP ..................................

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 22, 2004, 12:47 am
Ctf_Anthill is teh best map evar, bar none.

grand_diablo
July 22, 2004, 3:55 am
k, im with most of the others so far, do some more smoothing and shading. The idea of "Catpure the base" isnt bad, although i fear this could end up really chaotic if the 2 flags are too close to each other (seeing the blue team spawning around and being spawncamped).