( search forums )
So, is Michal not...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
YourPetMonkey
June 6, 2004, 9:21 pm
Adding anything new? From all I read it doesn't seem like it. Is he just fixing bugs and keeping out cheats and stuff like that now? Is he leaving it up to us to make things? IS THE WORLD THE SIZE OF GOD'S TOENAIL?!?! Help me answer these questions.

Alamo
June 6, 2004, 9:54 pm
I think for the time being that is more than enough to do... But Michal is adding something new from version to version. We can't change the game itself, we can just change the gfx, sfx etc.
As there is no god the world can't be of the size of something that doesn't exist.

Deleted User
June 6, 2004, 10:27 pm
We hardly ever find out what Michal is adding to the next version. I think he keeps quiet to avoid people arguing and telling him not to add new things that they don't like. Anyway, it makes the new version a surprise [:)]

Hitman
June 7, 2004, 11:25 am
Moved to General Discussions.

Zoolander
June 7, 2004, 1:48 pm
We all remember letting that Crack team of scientists work on 1.2, Glad he keeps to himself now.

b00stA
June 7, 2004, 2:01 pm
Zoolander, the beta team did a good job on finding bugs for 1.2.
The Barret issue.. well, some people just felt like convincing Michal to change it again. I didn't think Michal would listen to that whining, but at least we'll get a weapon editor now and everybody will be content.

Except you, because it's all the beta testers fault, right.

Zoolander
June 7, 2004, 4:26 pm
I did read the beta forums, I saw the biccering within all the testers, Some bugs were fixed and there are more present now. Michal did a fabulous job when he didnt let a bunch of whinners change his opinion on what weapons should and shoulnt be nerfed when they were all fine, just look at 1.2 - 1.5. Ahh yes and this weapon editor I'm curious to see how this works.

DeMonIc
June 7, 2004, 5:25 pm
I just love these threads =P

ThaD
June 7, 2004, 9:02 pm
Do we really need anything new?

Element_101
June 8, 2004, 12:41 am
As with all things they get stale its good to have something new to keep it fresh

Fangus Deef
June 8, 2004, 1:17 am
i bet the weapons editor's gonna be crude, but get better over the next couple versions. what i want in it (i dont want it, but if it exsists....) is to be able to make special actions, like startup, melee, explosive, yadda yadda, and maybe even ability to make our own actions??? too hard for servers that last one porlly...but oh meh

KnOt
June 8, 2004, 11:22 pm
Joy, there's going to be a weapons editor, but that'll only be for playing with bots wont it? You cant play with different weapon settings to other people.. Of course you can make your weapons look different by modding them, but.. Oh, I'm so confused.

Fangus Deef
June 8, 2004, 11:39 pm
you will be able to use weapons that the server has, even if you dont have them. you cant make a supergun and play with it on a server. how's that confusing?

LazehBoi
June 10, 2004, 12:52 pm
Umm, i'm confused, it seems to defeat my favourite purpose of realistic mode, i don't think i'm going to enjoy this "Weapon Editor" and i doubt it's going to do much, let alone confuse people, making think that everyone else hacks if they use an overpowered weapon were everthing else is so low powered you'd have better like trying to stab them through the monitor.

y0da
June 10, 2004, 9:00 pm
I would like a thing with own face styles! ^

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 9:08 pm
didn't we just have a similar topic awhile ago? holy, stop talking about what Michal is doing, whatever he is doing, is for our own good. So let it be.

n00bface
June 10, 2004, 9:49 pm
i think the weapons editor will only allow you to change the bullet damage..like soldat.ini lets you change number of grenades etc...it's all server settings for weapons (this is what i think and am pretty sure aboot..i could be wrong though)