( search forums )
SoldatĀ² (Update - Steyr updated)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
June 9, 2004, 11:12 pm
Yay, mod. I just edited new graphics for every gun from photos, so I could have a change.

NEWS: Sorry if you tried to download it and it didn't work - I took the mod offline. I've fixed it.

[IMAGE]
Download

Bloody knife patch

[IMAGE]
Download

Oldies Soldat patch

[IMAGE]
Download

Steyr update patch

[IMAGE]
Download

Fangus Deef
June 10, 2004, 1:46 am
very nice. gj, baby

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 2:02 am
put some blood stain on the knife [:D]

other than that, good job. Nice mod name [;)]

-Nut Case-
June 10, 2004, 12:39 pm
Ur chainsaw is a bloody classic :P

Nut

P.S.
Check out my bloody sig!
Friggin awesome.

Hitman
June 10, 2004, 1:21 pm
Very nice. I like it. Guns certainly look better. Gonna download it.

NutCase, stop going on about your damn sig.

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 2:55 pm
OFFTOPIC: Isn't that against the sig rules?

bucky_brad
June 10, 2004, 4:14 pm
nut case your sig is craptastic anyway.

i love your MP5 and m79 stalky

Fangus Deef
June 10, 2004, 5:28 pm
the minigun is the onl kinda-little-bit-funky one. but only a little ;D

Deleted User
June 10, 2004, 6:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by bucky_brad
nut case your sig is craptastic anyway.

i love your MP5 and m79 stalky

Would you believe, the MP5 and M79 are the two graphics I had to edit myself loads after sizing the pictures down [:D]

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 8:01 pm
put some blood stain on that knife!!!!!!

Deleted User
June 10, 2004, 10:07 pm
Damnit, alright [:(!]

*Paint Shop Pro*

[IMAGE]

Download: http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Stalky/200461022525_knife-blood.zip

Extract to interface-gfx/guns.

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 10:24 pm
it looks so much sexier!

Fangus Deef
June 10, 2004, 10:48 pm
blood is sexy to you? *problems*
where you get the images, cuz you say you resized ems

MisterX
June 10, 2004, 10:58 pm
www.google.com -> Images ?

Hitman
June 10, 2004, 11:25 pm
Gah, the guns look nice and all on the screenshot, but on my Puter they're all stretched and [:-censored]...I've got 1280x800 and play in full screen..

DrocK
June 11, 2004, 12:29 am
this deserves a...
very gj i like it a lot i got to download this, its very nice.. looks that u put a lot of effort in it [:P]

Deleted User
June 11, 2004, 2:06 am
Trusty Google Image Search [:)]

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate it. I think I'm going to fiddle with the Minimi at one point so expect a little update.

Dathker
June 11, 2004, 3:22 am
this reminds me of the good ole days when i didn't know how to use teh law
lol

Fangus Deef
June 11, 2004, 4:25 am
dooooo you know how to use a LAW? XD

blan
June 11, 2004, 11:48 am
Hey Stalky. Great mod! Only one beef with it. When im holding the steyr (m4 carbine) it looks like Im holding a plastic black rifle. I mean, it has no details like the picture in the selection menu, its just all black. Any updates coming?

Deleted User
June 11, 2004, 4:52 pm
Well, blame Michal, he made that graphic for 0.9.4c [;)]

Ok, I'll make some new weapons gfx for the M4...and I'll fix up the Minimi a bit better.

[IMAGE]

I blurred it a little to make it neater.

[IMAGE]

New M4 weapon graphic.

Extract to main soldat directory.

Download: http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Stalky/2004611165145_reskinned-patch.zip

KiLLBoT
June 12, 2004, 3:15 pm
Very nice, Stalk. The mp5 and ruger are oh-so-sexy. The Ak is good, too. [:D] nice job bro

N1nj@
June 12, 2004, 6:36 pm
m4al looks much sexier.

hmm, I was staring at the chainsaw weapon interface for like 5 minutes (yes, this mod is so great that I have to stare at it), and I discover that it kinda looks like a gaint knife, like it is missing those "teeth" around the blade. I hope you know what I mean.

Deleted User
June 21, 2004, 12:23 am
Changes changes changes. Chainsaw changed as requested, and Aug and SOCOM are back [:P]

Kazuki
June 21, 2004, 5:25 am
Wow, very nice Stalky. Have you changed the sounds? ^_^

G2KT
June 21, 2004, 6:39 am
I like this mod... i think ill download it after i get tired of the SF mod.

Deleted User
June 21, 2004, 9:37 am
The only sound changes are in the M4 Carbine/Colt 1911 mod. Maybe I'll go find some better sounds for all the guns as my next upgrade [:P]

Haro1121
June 21, 2004, 5:51 pm
hrmm stalky my computers stuck in safe mode so i cant look at the updated screeny this is my favorite mod right now ill look at the new steyr and socom on wednesday well good job anyways cuz im sure it looks awsome :)

Deleted User
June 21, 2004, 9:39 pm
[IMAGE]

Updated Steyr. Download the new patch.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the mod everyone, I'm glad you like it.

KnOt
June 22, 2004, 12:20 am
I have to say, very nicely done.. This mod isn't too outrageous, you didn't go over the top trying to change things, and I like that.

1 suggestion, or one request actually.. Can you make the actual knife blood-stained, not just the interface please?

Marine
June 22, 2004, 2:46 am
Good work.

If its not to much to ask, could you give me a step by step process of...how to install it? Where to save it? Much appreciated.

N1nj@
June 22, 2004, 3:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Marine
Good work.

If its not to much to ask, could you give me a step by step process of...how to install it? Where to save it? Much appreciated.

read the damn FAQs

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=1326

GluLm
June 22, 2004, 8:37 am
I forgot to add my entry there:
Love your mod Stalky! :)

Deleted User
June 22, 2004, 12:30 pm
It looks great.

ClanKwH
July 19, 2004, 6:07 pm
But NONE OF THE LINKS WORKS!!! :'(

Deleted User
July 19, 2004, 6:15 pm
Ah, thats because we are testing a new file system and I took the files out of my old system...hold on a minute, I'll get some mirrors.

EDIT: Okay, here we go.

Download and install:
http://freespace.virgin.net/tim.l/soldat/SoldatSquared.zip

Then install:
http://freespace.virgin.net/tim.l/soldat/SoldatSquared_steyr_update.zip

Install if you like your blades bloody [;)]:
http://freespace.virgin.net/tim.l/soldat/SoldatSquared-bloody_knife_patch.zip

I'll update the links on the first page, check there for the screenshots.

ClanKwH
July 19, 2004, 6:38 pm
Thx man! :)

Artex
August 2, 2004, 1:02 am
Really nice weapon mode Stalky! I'll use it :)

MisterX
August 4, 2004, 7:28 pm
It's an ok/good mod. I often use different mods, but somehow I everytime change back to the old weapons. It's just the original Soldat, that's great. Because of this I like this mod, because it just changes the look of the weapons, not the weapons themselves. But imho some weapons are too bright, some too dark. The Steyr (interface) and the m79 (interface and ingame) is too bright imho. And maybe the M79 is a bit too small? Looks like that. The Deagles in the interface are silver, but ingame they are nearly black? And you've changed the interface image of the Minimi. The minimi in the original Soldat looks like the one ingame. Now that you've changed the interface image, the ingame image doesn't really fit anymore imho. And the one-handed MP5k is cool, but I think it should be 1 pixel nearer to the Soldat's buddy. I'm not sure about that, but at the moment it looks a bit strange I think.
But what I really like is the AK, looks really good, ingame and interface :)

But if you could change what I said, this could be a much better mod in my opinion.

arC
August 11, 2004, 12:32 pm
Its not really a big deal, but here goes... With the Steyr patch, it says to extract it to the Soldat folder, but it has no path, therefore stays in the Soldat directory. For it to properly work you have to extract it directly into Soldat\Interface-gfx\Guns.

Great mod =)

Deleted User
August 11, 2004, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by arC
Its not really a big deal, but here goes... With the Steyr patch, it says to extract it to the Soldat folder, but it has no path, therefore stays in the Soldat directory. For it to properly work you have to extract it directly into Soldat\Interface-gfx\Guns.

Great mod =)

Oops. Oh well, people can work it out for themselves [:P]