( search forums )
Project Jungle by Swamp???
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 1:57 am
What happen to this map...? everyone was so happy waiting for it...what happened?

http://www.selfkill.de/webv3/content/cms.php?action=showdetails&id=169&title=Aktuelle%20Meldungen

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Famine
June 10, 2004, 2:26 am
/me dies

NICE [:-censored]ing JOB MAN

too bad the selfkill d/l don't work for me!

Fangus Deef
June 10, 2004, 3:23 am
lol. not his. yea, i'd fergotten bout that one. h'd'been waitin fer some tiam. he prolly stopped cause some skool stuff er wutever de kids do these days. hope he goes forums to tells us bout et

what's ks440? like 404 error?

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 3:36 am
I didn't make it man, relax Famine.

Deleted User
June 10, 2004, 11:04 am
Heh. He gave up, I read it in his little section on Selfkill. Blamed bugs in the mapmaker, said he'd go back to it if the bugs were fixed.

Zoolander
June 10, 2004, 11:23 am
Didnt he quit because people were giving him [:-censored] for using graphics from another game? ::slaps them:: fools

Hitman
June 10, 2004, 12:35 pm
Yes, that is one of the reasons. Some people will never be happy. Assholes!

KnOt
June 10, 2004, 1:48 pm
I remember being realllyyyy impressed with this map, I think it came out a short while after I started playing soldat, and I didn't know you could make such pretty textures back then..

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 2:56 pm
now almost every mapmaker uses this technique

Fangus Deef
June 10, 2004, 3:36 pm
it's not a texture dude. and it didnt come out. sure yer thinking of this map?

Droopy
June 10, 2004, 7:57 pm
Yeah I remember this map. saw teh screen and started working on my first map the next second. Ofcourse first maps usualy sux0z so I was realy down. But then I started maping more and more! And now I'm a mapping fool! Thanks to this map! I salute you mr map maker!

June 10, 2004, 8:29 pm
quote:And now I'm a mapping fool!
We know.

Alamo
June 10, 2004, 9:17 pm
I loved that map back then when it was announced. I even sent him an e-mail to encourage him but... well erm... nuthing. By the way, the game, the 'textures' are from is an old SNES game... I don't think anyone would be pissed if he used the gfx... (the game rocked... Flashback is teh pwnZor!)

G2KT
June 11, 2004, 12:36 am
Yep i use this tecnique... or i try to... i think it makes maps look purdy :P

Fangus Deef
June 11, 2004, 12:56 am
why people calling it textures though? it's scenery damn it!!!! arg! :P

Darac
June 11, 2004, 2:53 am
yes it is scenery... the problem is this was not how the soldat map editor was intented to be used. when you create maps like this, not only does it take a very long time... but you also end up with bugs. the other problem is that when graphics get complexe... you start to change the map design so that it fits the graphics and there for you lose some of the game play elements of the map. the best way to map is to keep it kind of simple, use a new idea, debug it to the max! and bot it or get someone to bot it for you if you can't.

that was this guys problem. he changed the map to allow for the graphics. you see the little bridge type things he has. well for ppl to stand on those you need thin polygons. It should be a known fact that thin poloygons dont work! thats what doomed this map from the start.

GluLm
June 11, 2004, 10:35 am
This isn't new at all. ;/
quote:Zoolander wrote:
Didnt he quit because people were giving him [:-censored] for using graphics from another game? ::slaps them:: fools
Indeed, that's what actually happened.
I almost wanted to make a new thread lately because of that event. People around here just blamed him for using graphics from an old game. This is what makes the Soldat community so sucky (I'm not the only one saying that...).
So now, just blame yourself for what happened! (talking to the happy fools)
By the way, nice to see you back Darac.

Meandor
June 11, 2004, 1:56 pm
That seems to me a really fishy excuse for being too lazy to finish the project.

N1nj@
June 11, 2004, 2:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darac
yes it is scenery... the problem is this was not how the soldat map editor was intented to be used. when you create maps like this, not only does it take a very long time... but you also end up with bugs. the other problem is that when graphics get complexe... you start to change the map design so that it fits the graphics and there for you lose some of the game play elements of the map. the best way to map is to keep it kind of simple, use a new idea, debug it to the max! and bot it or get someone to bot it for you if you can't.

that was this guys problem. he changed the map to allow for the graphics. you see the little bridge type things he has. well for ppl to stand on those you need thin polygons. It should be a known fact that thin poloygons dont work! thats what doomed this map from the start.

seems like you know a lot about him...

Fangus Deef
June 11, 2004, 9:27 pm
just dont stand still. why do people even stand still? yer supposed to be killingQ!!!

Tha Doggfather
June 11, 2004, 10:54 pm
arrrrr twas a hoax i tells ya!

Fangus Deef
June 12, 2004, 1:35 am
Hypno Toad is rule...all....

Droopy
June 12, 2004, 9:48 am
AH! Let's just leave it be. The map would proboably have a lousy gameplay... Or not.
We've got many mapper's that can make beautiful map's. This guy only knew how to use the scenery... I don't think he thought about the game play.

This is how I do it. Draw teh map, plave teh poly's and THEN start shading and placing teh scenery.