( search forums )
Locking of threads
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Alamo
June 12, 2004, 7:21 pm
Why the [:-censored] is such a big number of 'good' threads locked? For example that discussion about the M79. What is wrong about a discussion about a gun? I don't think the Forums should mutate into some over-controlled place, cuz that kills the community... In half of the cases of locked threads i don't understand the reason for which it is locked... The Mods are kinda haphazard... :(

Deleted User
June 12, 2004, 7:30 pm
Yeah. Why not just move into bashpit?

Hitman
June 12, 2004, 7:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman in thisthread
quote:Originally posted by myself in this thread

..from the main man himself:quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski

Only I can change Soldat, I know that I've made the right decisions in Soldat 1.2...The only thing that people complain and always complained (some people don't remember the complaining in 1.05b but I do) is weapons balance. For me it is perfect now. Most people get used to new weapon settings and play. But some will never be happy. I have total control of all aspects of Soldat. The only thing I do not want to do anymore is balancing the weapons. That is why I decided to release a weapons editor with the next version of Soldat. There will be original weapon settings and they will stay as in Soldat 1.2.The weapons balance will not be changed, no matter how much you complain! These threads are pointless, because no matter how much you complain they will not be changed!The weapons balance will not be change, so don't argue about it, and use the Weapons Editor when it comes out. Simple as that.
That's why it got locked. What else would it turn in to other than a weapons balancing thread? If I'd have thought you really want to go on and on about the weapons balance when they're not gonna be changed then I'd moved it to the Bash Pit, but I thought people would have better things to do. We do move treads to the Bash Pit, but ones that are just bull[:-censored], been posted before, or just being spammed, we lock.

But please, do tell me if you want me to move that topic to the Bash Pit or the Lounge so you can 'discuss' the balancing issue..

Alamo
June 12, 2004, 10:33 pm
But you can talk about the M79 nevertheless! I was just an example. I don't really care about that thread it was just the first one to come into my mind about this.

Hitman
June 12, 2004, 10:36 pm
Talking about weapons is fine, there have been a few weapons threads. I'm not trying to set any rules, like what's good and what's not, and I'm not trying to be mean. It just gets tiring when it turns into a argument about the weapons balance, and I really don't see the point in having these arguments.

There's a very good thread (Starts after TFS post, last one on the page) in which people discussed the weapons, not arguing and demanding for the weapons to be balanced even more, or for the Barret to be nerf'd, but just discussing it. I didn't really follow it, I just checked now and then, and seeing as it wasn't locked, I'm guessing it was fine.

BlackSpear
July 3, 2004, 12:55 pm
but sometimes things get locked too soon becouse there once was a topic like it, but reanimating a realy old topic sucks, but agree that if it already was discussed lately it should be locked, but not as soon as it's now i personaly think...

kevith
July 3, 2004, 3:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear
reanimating a realy old topic sucks....Funny. That's just what I was thinking...