( search forums )
Banned from Apax for suspicion of cheating.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Drevay
June 12, 2004, 9:14 pm
Last night I downloaded Soldat (second time, I reformatted a while ago and just got around to it). Anyway, I was having a blast, listening to DevilDriver, Rammstein, Lamb of God, generally having a fun time (no matter how inexperienced I was).

Then, on the Apax server, after a good hour or so, we're on that huge infiltration map (not sure of the name), and my own teamate starts shooting at me while I respawned (I knew he was my own teamate by his colours, and I even moused over him to make sure). Anyway, this guy keeps shooting at me (I had a chainsaw in my hand - I immediately switched when I respawned), and I respond with "...", he throws a grenade at me, and I respond similarily with "....", I then switch to my desert eagles to shoot a round at him, and reply with "Dumbass, I'm on your team." - but I couldn't, because I was kicked and banned from the server for suspicion of cheating.

What the hell?

Drevay
June 12, 2004, 10:16 pm
Well, turns out that it was a temporary ban - I guess - because I can now access Apax just fine.

Strange. :/

b00stA
June 12, 2004, 11:13 pm
It's the cheat detection giving a false alarm. Nothing to worry about.

Dathker
June 13, 2004, 12:20 am
yeah that cheat thing is soo random... it bans all the people not cheating lol

Ivan0
June 14, 2004, 1:35 am
its very sad to get banned when you are not cheating, but see people use wallhack (the one that allows them to pass through any polygon horyzontally) without any problem at all...

i got baned from apex too, god knows why, and one day later i still cant join that server

G2KT
June 14, 2004, 4:02 am
Yeah i know... IDK if its the server or not. But when im playing on it, it all of a sudden kicks out like 5 or 6 people for suspicion of cheats.

kevith
June 14, 2004, 9:13 pm
It's because you're playing in a HUGE server with up to 32 people. When there are that many people, you have to figure that there will be some lag and packet loss and it is interpreted as cheating. The solution? Don't play on that server anymore or just expect to get banned after a little while.

DeafBox
June 15, 2004, 1:34 am
Yep, happens on iinet all the time. Altho the server only olds 12 ppl, it laggs and drops a few packets when there are a few laggers in, causing that bug to happen.
Definately something for mike to fix in the new version.........

Ivan0
June 15, 2004, 6:48 am
excuse me but soldat seems to have an enormous problem with packet loss and whatnot.
i mean m79 hits that do not register, grenades that just pass through people...
seriously, what the hell? this is not a high end game that would require state of the art networking code to avoid data losses due to lag.
i now regret spending those $9 because the more i play the less enjoyment i get from this "game". there seems to be absolutely no effort exerted towards resolving these issues.

Michael, please dont forget about us - generally unhappy dial uppers ;)

b00stA
June 15, 2004, 1:26 pm
Ivan0, Michal is improving the network code in each version and everybody knows it's not perfect (and it will never be perfect).

Maybe Michal should really release one public test version that uses the TCP protocol instead of UDP, just to see how it works.

swanofnever
June 17, 2004, 8:38 pm
hey,
i really doubt tcp will be useable, let alone better than udp. there have been long discussion on the gdalgorithms list and basically.. with tcp you get like 10x the latency.

i think that the problem will wall-hacking is pretty much unrelated to the networking code: instead of colliding the player as a circle at their current position, michal could collide the polayer as MANY circles spaced along the oldposition->currentposition line. this way when wallhackers try to warp into a wall, they'll get stopped AT the wall.

raigan

jeremedy
June 30, 2004, 6:28 pm
well i have a different story, i made my own game on a dedicated server right? and i join it right? well i got wierd lag and the red team(al these devil dudes) wer killin each other, so i swithed i minimized and looked at my dedicated server thing, and it sed i wuz "flooding the server", and it called me soldier wen that wuznt my name, 10 second late "soldier (2) is cheating"..."soldier was kicked and banned permanantly.

FROM MY OWN GAME!!!! I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO CHEAT WFT WFT WFT!!!!!HELP PLZ

b00stA
July 1, 2004, 3:08 pm
jeremedy, please stop it. You posted the same text in 3 different topics now. Try to concentrate on ONE and try to use normal words like "was" instead of "wuz". People would be glad to help you then.