( search forums )
My puny 1st map (*working download*)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
June 13, 2004, 4:58 pm
A little map I made at my spare time called Caribbea, the process took 5 hours in total. No, there's not any decent gameplay in the map, It's just a sraight forward kill 'em all-style map with a single level and no jets in it. It's got loads of custom scenery in it, but if the filesize isn't a problem then great.

Download: [URL] (Link *works* - !!)

An overview of the map:
[IMAGE]

Summary:

- Gamemodes: DM, TM and RM
- Botted
- Recommended players: 2 to 4
- The map has a lot of custom-scenery

Thanks in advance for any comments etc.

Deleted User
June 13, 2004, 5:05 pm
Wow that looks great. And i don't think the gameplay is that bad. Look at for example Storm. Almost as simple as that but it still has quite good gameplay.

DeMonIc
June 13, 2004, 5:30 pm
Sweet Jehova's guidy aunt! That is awesome dude!

Soulsnipa
June 13, 2004, 5:56 pm
I will host it for you. PM me.

::EDIT::
errr upload at SML :

http://ultimate13.dynu.com:6080/host/sml

btw that looks really cool...i didnt realize at first but its an island...thats neat ;). I could use that as a desktop wallpaper ... lol.

G2KT
June 13, 2004, 6:03 pm
quote:I could use that as a desktop wallpaper ... lol.

lol quite true soul. [:p] Cool map tot. Will be downloading it when its up for DL.

Haro1121
June 13, 2004, 6:09 pm
holy [:-censored] thats beautiful damnnnnn give the guy a host jeesh i want that map lol

Droopy
June 13, 2004, 6:33 pm
I used it as a walpaper! It's great!

At first I thought that this is gona be just another newbie map...

BUT THIS! Man your cool! This map is a clasic!

Can I have your autogram?

Alamo
June 13, 2004, 6:51 pm
not bad man not bad! Plz host it fast! :)

Subslider
June 13, 2004, 9:28 pm
yea man i rox!.. really like the layout of it..

execpt 1 lil detail..

you might wanna have an closer look at the air.. right between the R and the I..
donno if it is gonna be that visual ingame.. (?)

Soulsnipa
June 13, 2004, 10:04 pm
Also I noticed the lake comes above the edge of the island..but i guess thats mist :P

Darac
June 13, 2004, 11:41 pm
nice use of sceneries... this some how reminds me of a map i made a while ago (Island Hoppers). but yours is more scenic, although i think going to over bourd with sceneries can kill a map.
a way of fixing the sky so there is no line is to make the skt colour the orangy colour it is now, and then make a new scenery thats a sort of see through greyish clowed type thing. and place that in the sky... and because the clowed wont be square, you wont get the nasty looking overlap.

GluLm
June 14, 2004, 1:45 pm
I agree with Darac on most points, try to fix the sky. ;)
Anyhow, this map looks wonderful!

MercyM
June 14, 2004, 2:03 pm
WOW!!!!!!!![:D][:D]

Deleted User
June 14, 2004, 3:19 pm
Soulsnipa - It's not mist, it's called "perspective"

Darac, Subslider & GluLm - I might start reworking the sky scenery, because that little detail has indeed been bugging me for a while now.

Anyway thanks a lot for the encouraging posts everyone, I really appreciate it. [8)]

---
Oh, and by the way, the download link is now up!
(True ! [:D])

Dathker
June 14, 2004, 4:14 pm
its really nice. but its... not ....uhh big? i dunno more polies random would be nice ;)

G2KT
June 14, 2004, 6:43 pm
Bleh... i wish the download worked... are you sure you uploaded it to the site... because i dont see it uploaded on the SML site.?

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 15, 2004, 5:29 am
This map is great if it is just eye candy, I don't think it would be the most uber leet fun map ever, but I could sure learn a thing or two from this map. You have a great artistic sense tot!

Darac
June 15, 2004, 10:49 am
their have been a few maps like this you realize Leo... i rememeber there was one that looked really good but played like crap. it was basicly flat and had a submerine in the background or something. i cant quite remember.

T-Money
June 15, 2004, 11:49 am
Dang man that map looks TIGHT like crazy, and the gameplay isn't as bad as you make it sound like. DAMN. Looks so good.

b00stA
June 15, 2004, 1:48 pm
www.selfkill.com I'm sure they'll help you with file hosting.

DeMonIc
June 15, 2004, 3:47 pm
I wanna download...

Toumaz
June 15, 2004, 4:08 pm
That map looks awesome! Great work!

G2KT
June 15, 2004, 6:25 pm
His download works now... you gotta right click and copy and paste into your URL address bar though... or its what i had to do. Its downloading real slow also... im only DLing at 1 KB a sec and it says its going to take an hour to DL it. :\

Deleted User
June 15, 2004, 6:28 pm
Okay - I've uploaded the map into my freewebs account, so go and grab it from there, the link in my first post has been modified to point to the right URL.

Edit - Very fast of you G2KT, although i'm afraid I cannot help at all with the bandwidth problem.

Deleted User
June 15, 2004, 6:32 pm
1.2kb/sec. -_-

b00stA
June 15, 2004, 6:55 pm
blah, I got an CRC error (cant open the archive).

could you please host it at www.selfkill.com ? they're fast / reliable :|

Deleted User
June 15, 2004, 7:02 pm
quote:could you please host it at www.selfkill.com ? they're fast / reliable :|

Bah, I can't seem to find a way to upload the file to their server.

Darac
June 15, 2004, 11:32 pm
this is the big problem with custom sceneries... :/

GluLm
June 22, 2004, 9:39 am
*bump* :(