( search forums )
New Gun
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Marine
June 13, 2004, 11:49 pm
If we were to get a new gun, I'd say we get a western assault rifle, such as an M-16. I thought, when I got this game, I'd be able to choose one of the most popular rifles in the world =) Except, No. Theres hand guns, shotguns, submachine guns, sniper rifles, rifles, and heavy machine guns. But there is nothing like the M-16 (the AK-74 is fully automatic). I say if we add a gun (an M-16) that it fires in 3 shot bursts, like today's 16's do.

Whadaya say?

Zoolander
June 14, 2004, 12:55 am
Weapon editor: pretty soon, quite possibly somthing to toy with?

DeMonIc
June 14, 2004, 9:26 am
What he said.

Loco Lavo
June 14, 2004, 12:46 pm
i dont really care

DeMonIc
June 14, 2004, 12:50 pm
Then don't post.Geesh.

Dathker
June 14, 2004, 4:16 pm
uhh you shoot in three shot burst by clicking for the amount of time it takes to shoot three shots then release... DOH

Noobile
June 15, 2004, 5:32 am
makes sense to teh noob...it's what I do w/ the AUG...but I personally have it modded to look like a 16

palloco
June 15, 2004, 9:17 pm
He is yankee, he is called Marine...

Alamo
June 15, 2004, 10:34 pm
... Michal does not change the guns anymore... He said that somewhere...

that fuking sniper
June 16, 2004, 12:00 am
Well, you *can* make 3-shot bursts with an AUG, cant ya?

The thing is, we already have the *types* of guns that we need in Soldat already. M-16 or any M1A4 Carbine and others that were suggested didnt inculde any major impact on gameplay. We already have any kind of automatic we need, a short-range fast warfare gun, MP5; long-range fast assault rifel, Steyr-AUG; long-range medium-speed automatic with more damage as a make-up, AK-74; long-range slow but substantially damaging automatic, FN-Minimi; and finally, the heavy assault gigantic magazine rapid-fire gattling gun. What new things will the M-16 inculde that cannot be accomplished with a cosmetics mod and relatively less trigger-happy fingers?

Sjuge
June 16, 2004, 1:50 am
Speaking of burst fire action, I toyed with the idea of introducing fire action option on the automatic's that would normally have that, while showering the other day.
I came to the conclusion that it would be completely useless. Besides the whole ordeal of having to find some way of switching between them, it just lacks point. You already have good control over your rate of fire with the mouse button. Well, it won't matter in a while anyway, once we can all make our own guns. Ha!

Element_101
June 16, 2004, 3:11 am
Leave the guns alone there fine as they are

KnOt
June 16, 2004, 2:34 pm
Ehh.. whatever

Alamo
June 16, 2004, 3:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by KnOt
Ehh.. whatever

why post then?

New gun = not good idea (imho)

Shyo
June 16, 2004, 3:18 pm
I want a physic gun! so you can grab ppl and push the against walls! yeah that would rock! =O
</stupid suggestion>

Subslider
June 16, 2004, 3:18 pm
a new gun is good idea.. it just depends on what gun it is gonna be..

psyko
June 16, 2004, 4:16 pm

the most popular rifle in the world...?

I think you mean mainly just America...

I personally hate the M-16 and dont like the M4 much either...

It doesn't really need to be in the game and there are plenty of other guns that haven't made it into the game that are popular...

Deleted User
June 16, 2004, 5:02 pm
Most popular rifle is the Ak series. :P

Noobile
June 16, 2004, 6:39 pm
What's wrong with the m-16?
no kick, accurate at 800 yds, fires 900 rpm, light, versatile, I've NEVER had mine jam, fires a 5.56mm Nato ( or Kenetic ) round.. easy to clean, maintain, and fire...whats to hate about that?

The AK series however.... slower exit muzzle velocity, heavy kick, heavy gun in and of itself, granted fires a 7.62mm, but at the cost of accuracy, speed, and weight.... I'll stick with my -16 any old day

Alamo
June 16, 2004, 7:00 pm
Sure, the M-16 is no bad gun in real life, but in Soldat it's totally useless because we have nearly any type of gun.

Marine
June 16, 2004, 7:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by psyko

the most popular rifle in the world...?

I think you mean mainly just America...

I personally hate the M-16 and dont like the M4 much either...

I said ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR rifles in the world. Don't put words in my mouth. It gets you no where.

It IS one of the most popular rifles in the world, used by the US, Canada, Britain, Israel, and other western powers.

You personally hate them? Have you ever fired either?

DeMonIc
June 16, 2004, 8:15 pm
Erm..
Soldat doesn't need more weapons.
The Kala series is the proof of mankind's geneousity for murder.The m-16 is an american wep, though prolly made in taiwan.

Noobile
June 16, 2004, 8:26 pm
quote:m-16 is an american wep, though prolly made in taiwan.

Negative Motivator, The Colt M-16 is made in Patterson, New Jersey ( among other places )

DT
June 17, 2004, 3:04 am
Double barreled shotgun....

AerialAssault
June 17, 2004, 3:11 am
i thought my VSS ideqa was the best cause it was different than any other gun

Marine
June 17, 2004, 3:47 am
The M-16 is made in many places, and is one of the most widely used rifles in the world.

sanity
June 17, 2004, 4:05 am
yeah thats all we need... another auto to go with the 5 we already have.

psyko
June 17, 2004, 4:19 pm
quote:I said ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR rifles in the world. Don't put words in my mouth. It gets you no where.

It IS one of the most popular rifles in the world, used by the US, Canada, Britain, Israel, and other western powers.

You personally hate them? Have you ever fired either?

alright misinterpretation on my part...

still I don't think it is that popular..

if you're going to say countries what about all the Eastern European, Middle Eastern and Even South-East Asian countries that use the AKs...?

and my personal hate for them is mainly due to you American's attitude towards them... and I don't like the look of them...

no I haven't fire one... and I can understand you might get more attached to one if you have...

I have personally only fired the Aug and consider that a great gun but by no means something I'd obsess or carry on so much about...

-oh and I believe copies of the M-16 may have been made in Asia, probably not Taiwan but somewhere close by...

quote:The AK series however.... slower exit muzzle velocity, heavy kick, heavy gun in and of itself, granted fires a 7.62mm, but at the cost of accuracy, speed, and weight.... I'll stick with my -16 any old day

But you've left out the ruggedness and reliability, the simple design thats fairly easy to learn how to use and maintain, the ease and cheapness of manufacturing, and the AK-74s improved on the 47 despite the lower calibre... they have air pockets in the bullets which cause them to tumble when they hit soft targets... pretty nasty...
plus they had less recoil and greater accuracy over the 47s

Alamo
June 17, 2004, 4:33 pm
oh damn... The most popular weapon on earth is the knife... Don't you believe me? There are more knives on earth than any other weapon... Weeeee we need a kitchen knife! [/sarcasm]

Sjuge
June 17, 2004, 11:15 pm
Yadda yadda yadda..

The bottom line is that this isn't reality... this is Soldat... it absolutely makes no difference whatsoever where the goddamn rifles are made... we have enough autos as it is... WE DO NOT NEED AN M-16.
In fact, I don't think we really need any new weapon at all.
The only weapon type we don't have a lot of is shotguns, although one might be enough.

sanity
June 18, 2004, 4:29 am
I think another shotgun or rocket type gun would be good... theres too many autos and not enough of the other types IMO.

Jap_man
June 18, 2004, 4:54 am
Ok if we were going to add a new weapon what will be the shortcut key?
and if you want to replace the weapon, just mod the weapons your self.

The current weapons are good as they are. Why bother changing them.

sanity
June 18, 2004, 5:20 am
The weapons have changed quite alot since the first version Jap_man.. especially (but not only) secondaries.

Blue Devil
June 18, 2004, 10:36 am
hello Geeks! you are talking weapons! talk weapons on another forum! in this forum we trys to improv the worlds best game! [:-censored] of!

psyko
June 18, 2004, 7:16 pm

Blue Devil, weapons are a major part of Soldat. Without em Soldat would be really, really, boring. So I don't see how we can avoid talking about them in this forum.

and as has been said, another weapon really aint needed...
so it would be better incorporated as a mod.

DeMonIc
June 18, 2004, 7:35 pm
Lock?

Deleted User
July 9, 2004, 10:39 am
This idea is ok but it would be cooler to have
a [:-censored]ing tommy gun god damnit!!
can i get a woot for a tommy gun?
WOOT

Major X
July 9, 2004, 3:21 pm
if they were to make a new weapon i wouldn't waste it on an M16 (even though the m-16 rocks) i would create remote mines or bombs so you could lay traps.

Michal
July 9, 2004, 5:54 pm
If you really want new guns go to the mods section. I made a mod that replaces the Aug with a M4A1.

Also the AK is a much more reliable weapon, if the M16 gets a grain of sand in the barrel it will blow up in your face. M16 is more powerful and accurate when treated right, [;)].

Noobile
July 10, 2004, 12:41 am
@michal have you ever shot an M-16? doubtedly *looks at profile* a 15 year old's ever seen one, in real life, the m-16 will NOT blow up in your face if you get a grain of sand in the barrel, nor is it more powerful, nor is the gun more accurate. it's the user that knows how to accurately fire a weapon, not the gun itself. Trust me, during basic, you get all kinds of crap in the barrel of your gun, dirt, insects, water, the gun is nearly as rugged as the afore mentioned AK, it's just more delicate, because it's made of precisely machined parts ( to the .001 of a mm ).....man, kids these days....

Marine
July 10, 2004, 6:15 am
N00bile, stop acting like YOU'VE ever fired an M16..

Michal
July 11, 2004, 9:37 pm
@Noobile

quote:If there?s water in the barrel, don?t fire the rifle, It could explode,

quote:Dust and sand will get into the rifle and will cause malfunctions and excessive wear on
component working surfaces through abrasive action during the firing operations,

quote:Keep dry and clean. Your life depends
on it!

Taken from the M16 operators manual, you can find it at [URL]

Noobile says quote:nor is it more powerful

M16 : 991 feet per second
AK74: 900 feet per second

*reads profile* according to your profile you are 13, so i doubt you've been in basic training...

Marine
July 13, 2004, 8:23 pm
lol, :)

Alamo
July 13, 2004, 8:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal
Noobile says quote:nor is it more powerful

M16 : 991 feet per second
AK74: 900 feet per second

But you know, that a faster bullet speed means that it pierces more likely, right? A bullet that stays in the target causes more destruction than a bullet that pierces through it. A pass through wound is less deadly than a normal wound.

Noobile
July 13, 2004, 8:54 pm
here, we get into bullet phyiscs...

The NATO 5.56mm (ke) round actually pierces, and then tumbles into it's target at a (roughly) 90 degree axial verticy, meaning, yeah, I can hit you i the belly, but that bullet is most likely going to be lodged in your throat when the surgeon's get to you, all the while shredding your innards like hamburger put into a blender...follow me on that one? common (military) used 5.56 isnt intended to pierce, because of non-hostiles, and civillians, as far as the geneva convention goes, they are a no-no to kill, and could end you up in tribunal for war crimes, wich, you dont want to face, you get to make big rocks small, and those small rocks have to then be turned to gravel, wich in turn has to be turned to sand, and then moved around the yard...