( search forums )
My first Map (but dont let that put you off)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Piglet
December 21, 2002, 6:40 pm
Finished my first ever (releasable) soldat map

from the readme:

...Just a simple sideways U shaped level, pretty small and fairly simple. That said (and this may be biased) i found it pretty fun to play, especially as a 2 on 2 match. Havent tried it with human opponents but bots seem to navigate pretty well. The reason its so small is having messed about with the editors for a couple of days i actually wanted to FINISH a level instead of just starting them... So i did :P

Made with a mixture of the offical editor (Compiling + some scenery) and Edit Pro (pretty much everything else)

end of extract---

Please do comment on it, as i need as much feedback as i can get (especially early on), and if you've got any ideas for improvements etc. dont hesitate to tell me them :)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] lush_upper.jpg46.8 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] lush_lower.jpg60.35 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pig_lush.zip9.57 KB

Darac
December 21, 2002, 10:01 pm
i have to say the maps pritty simple... but by looking at your bot waypoints, id say you could make some pritty good maps given some time :)

Piglet
December 21, 2002, 11:00 pm
thanks, i think.

I always intended it to be simple (so i could actually finish it), if i get round to it i'll make some bigger more complex ones, i might even make a waypointing tutorial now that i understand it (and it seems like the community needs one)

Daz
December 21, 2002, 11:52 pm
i really like this but i do think there is a problem. If someone is on the top they could easily stay up there with a shed load of power ups. i think you should deffinately remake it with the next map maker so you can specify what power ups appear where and so stop the king of the hill type thing.

would make a very good 1on1 map. good job [:)]

Piglet
December 22, 2002, 7:41 am
ok, hadnt realised that might be a prob (as i found all my battles ended up played at the bottom) but now i can appreicate that if you got all of your team in the top section you'd be pretty unstoppable.

Hmm, might remake it when the new map editor comes out (or then again i might just make some better maps :P)

mak89gt
December 22, 2002, 8:18 am
hey, the map is okay, but i think that you can do better, sorry!

Piglet
December 22, 2002, 11:30 am
i know i can do better!

is that a problem?

mak89gt
December 22, 2002, 11:37 am
no.....
just wait for the next map editor with the next soldat version.....

mak89gt
December 22, 2002, 11:40 am
sigh, i have a lot of problems with the current map editor, so i downloaded the unofficial map editor, but i have a lot of problems with that too, so uh..................
im waiting for the next map editor to come out!