( search forums )
Gun Campers/Sitters
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Marine
June 15, 2004, 3:07 am
I don't know WHY people are always bitching and moaning about people who sit in the stationary gun and fire away. I mean, its a perfect way for a noob to help their team. If the turret wasn't coded in to sit their unoccupied the whole game.

The turrets AREN'T overpowered. I don't know why people say it's overpowered, then say it sucks, then get pwned, and then kill the guy in the turret. Its easy to kill a guy operating turret.....so why the [:-censored] does everyone whine about them? Just get a [:-censored]ing Barret and kill them from off the screen, or nade them, or use the LAW on them, or get some pals and strafe them with AK's, or use the XM on it.

I don't get it : whats so bad about camping in a turret?

peemonkey
June 15, 2004, 3:21 am
it can get a little annoying with 6 snipers and a stat gun and you with an AK, but sometimes they get suprised. it's not overpower, just sometimes overused

sanity
June 15, 2004, 3:22 am
yeah thats like when i was called lame for using the other teams turret against them (in some map i cant remember).. its just a game strategy. i dont agree with camping behind polygons and sniping but theres nothing wrong with using stationary guns.

Element_101
June 15, 2004, 3:22 am
Ive never in the whole time ive been here heard anyone say the turrnet is overpowered.

Edit: LOL all three of us posted in about a minute of each other :D

Dathker
June 15, 2004, 3:42 am
hhahah element. anyway. its annoying to have the same person sitting on the stat...even though that would be really stupid cuz some one could just throw a nade at you and murder you

Element_101
June 15, 2004, 4:13 am
The turrent was put there to be used anyone that complains about people using it really needs to shut the hell up!

grand_diablo
June 15, 2004, 11:22 am
I agree with peemonkey. A turret is meant to be more efficient in firepower than a normal gun, so it isnt overpowered. Theyre just overused from time to time.

Jap_man
June 15, 2004, 11:48 am
i never see a problem except when people just stand there for a few mins, that's when it starts to get annoying.

Famine
June 15, 2004, 2:38 pm
quote: i dont agree with camping behind polygons and sniping

That is a game strategy too...I'd rather have a camper then a stat gun user.

sanity
June 15, 2004, 3:36 pm
quote:(camping behind polygons) That is a game strategy too...I'd rather have a camper then a stat gun user.
I think its kinda lame and closer to cheating then a strategy. Using a stat gun occasionally is not. If youd rather have a fairly vulnerable stat gun user then a close-to-invisible barret user be my guest.

?
June 15, 2004, 4:35 pm
Marine did you come here just to start stupid topics? Cause thats all you have done.

Toumaz
June 15, 2004, 4:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?
Marine did you come here just to start stupid topics? Cause thats all you have done.

Agreed, damnit.

Snipedmyself
June 15, 2004, 5:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by sanity
yeah thats like when i was called lame for using the other teams turret against them in b2b.. its just a game strategy. i dont agree with camping behind polygons and sniping but theres nothing wrong with using stationary guns.

-Turret in b2b, did i miss something?

June 15, 2004, 6:19 pm
If there were no campers, I wouldnt get any kills because nobody would sit still for long enough.

Snipedmyself
June 15, 2004, 6:26 pm
tru dat

Marine
June 15, 2004, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?

Did you come here to try and start a flame war?

Shut your [:-censored]ing trap if you don't have anything to say about this topic. You're clearly another idiot trying to raise their post count, and trying to prove something by picking on new players.

Get a life, little boy.

DeMonIc
June 15, 2004, 9:08 pm
Eheh.. ^^
? is not to be pissed off.. he has a hatchet... XD
Anyway, SG ing is one thing, and bug abusing is another.
Btw, I doN't see much reason in this thread either, but if u've started it, then I'll post in it.

Element_101
June 16, 2004, 1:58 am
I think the turrent can be used until your killed anymore and people start getting cut

Drevay
June 16, 2004, 3:11 am
In my experience, those who camp get killed quickest. Just nade them, it's all it takes.

If you don't move, you get killed fast.

DeafBox
June 16, 2004, 3:14 am
The stat gun sucks because it takes little to zero skill. Its a pain in teh ass when people camp on it and generally, where is the fun?

quote:The turrent was put there to be used anyone that complains about people using it really needs to shut the hell up!
dude, if ud ever been in a public server (large one) u would understand. the stat guns are gay, bad idea, mistake, whateva and people abuse em all the time.

Element_101
June 16, 2004, 3:21 am
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
The stat gun sucks because it takes little to zero skill. Its a pain in teh ass when people camp on it and generally, where is the fun?

quote:The turrent was put there to be used anyone that complains about people using it really needs to shut the hell up!
dude, if ud ever been in a public server (large one) u would understand. the stat guns are gay, bad idea, mistake, whateva and people abuse em all the time.

Yes Deaf I have been to a public server even through laggy as hell. I still dont mind people on the drones, there easy to kill and it just dosn't bother me..

Drevay
June 16, 2004, 3:21 am
There's always a way to take out somebody using the stat gun.

They're fairly prone to attack, just sitting there - plus the gun can over heat.

You have many options.

Come from above / behind.

Run and throw a nade - you may sacrifice yourself but you rid the field of the stat gunner (if you live, the stat gunner isn't that great).

Take them out with an m79, or a barret.

Or team up and take them out with a hail of bullets. [:D]

Anyway, it's not difficult to take somebody out who's on a stat gun, so stop bitching and get back to playing.

Just kidding. [:P]

Anyway, have to install XFire here, later. [8D]

N1nj@
June 16, 2004, 3:36 am
I am telling you man, this Marine just wanted to start stupid topics, that's why I "rip" all his topic that he posted so far. Well not this one yet

Drevay
June 16, 2004, 4:05 am
Well, his topics aren't exteremly well thought out, I'll say that much.

Marine
June 16, 2004, 4:55 am
You haven't ripped my topics, you silly boy.

BTW, wanna try playing the game for a change instead of sitting onthe forum all day?

You're the biggest [:-censored]ing idiot I've met on this game so far. Pull your [:-censored]ing head out of your ass, and try to take part in the discussion, you miserable jack off.

Tell me your idea of a good post?
This forum was meant to be used.

PS Apparently N1nj@ has "Newbiephobia"

Shyo
June 16, 2004, 6:01 am
"PS Apparently N1nj@ has "Newbiephobia""

how you know?
anyway, how does playing the game changing something?

Marine
June 16, 2004, 6:51 am
He should try playing the game.....
3000 posts. He should try to divert some posting energy into playing.

Don't waste my time.

fabmanx
June 16, 2004, 7:17 am
Man...Marine your brilliant...come here more often. Entertaining... Ohh and Ninja has been well over 2 years here..so its not like he posts 100 times a day.

Drevay
June 16, 2004, 7:19 am
Marine, you really should think before you shoot your mouth off.

I don't have anything against you, mind you.

Edit - Spelling.

Hektik Sniper
June 16, 2004, 8:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Snipedmyself
quote:Originally posted by sanity
yeah thats like when i was called lame for using the other teams turret against them in b2b.. its just a game strategy. i dont agree with camping behind polygons and sniping but theres nothing wrong with using stationary guns.

-Turret in b2b, did i miss something?

there is a stat gun on B2b, only its super secret and invisible and on top of the map :P

palloco
June 16, 2004, 8:19 am
MArine, STFU u idiot

Element_101
June 16, 2004, 8:56 am
Marine, Ninj@ is awsome dont dis him!

Toumaz
June 16, 2004, 9:43 am
Shut up Marine. And don't dis Ninj@.
Idiot.

LazehBoi
June 16, 2004, 10:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Marine
You haven't ripped my topics, you silly boy.

BTW, wanna try playing the game for a change instead of sitting onthe forum all day?

You're the biggest [:-censored]ing idiot I've met on this game so far. Pull your [:-censored]ing head out of your ass, and try to take part in the discussion, you miserable jack off.

Someone has an ego.

b00stA
June 16, 2004, 1:15 pm
Since this converted to a flame thread -> moved to Bash pit

Marine
June 16, 2004, 7:14 pm
I'd like to know what N1nj@ has against me. I tried to be friendly when I came here, but he thinks its fun to flame newbs.

I apologize for offending you in any way.

I just tried to start a discussion on campers. In a way this was also a question thread "Whats wrong with campers?" ect. To bad you took it the wrong way.