( search forums )
How can i make my own bot?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
Kyle
June 15, 2004, 10:23 pm
i have xbot which is supposed to make bots but whenever i make one then hit save...it says
"Unable to write to bots/(my file name).bot"
can anyone help or does anyone know another way to make a bot?

Melba
June 15, 2004, 10:34 pm
open your bot-files in notepad
never understood the colour thingy tho...

Alamo
June 15, 2004, 10:35 pm
yeah. Create a text file and change the extension to .bot. You're done. Now you gotta look into original bots and see what you can change :)

Kyle
June 15, 2004, 10:39 pm
i dont know how to do any of that.....lol

EDIT: wait i think i got it....but does anyone know the number coding for black?

Alamo
June 15, 2004, 10:46 pm
$000000
You don't like to find out stuff for yourself do you?

Here's a blank bot, insert the text into a [yourname].bot file and enter some stuff:

[BOT]
Name=
Color1=
Color2=
Skin_Color=
Hair_Color=
Favourite_Weapon=
Secondary_Weapon=
Friend=
Accuracy=
Shoot_Dead=
Grenade_Frequency=
Camping=
OnStartUse=
Hair=
Headgear=
Chain=
Chat_Frequency=
Chat_Kill=
Chat_Dead=
Chat_Lowhealth=
Chat_SeeEnemy=
Chat_Winning=

Kyle
June 15, 2004, 11:03 pm
ok i know the stuff but how do i start a .bot file?

Alamo
June 15, 2004, 11:08 pm
Ok:
1. Enable the file extensions to be shown by clicking the last but one option in the Menu bar of your Windows folder view. In the drop down menu you choose the last option. In the second tab of the window you see now you can find something like 'Show extensions'. Enable it.
2. Create a .txt file by right-clicking on the folder and by choosing New > Text file.
3. Now rename the .txt file by pressing F2
4. Rename it into [yournamehere].bot (Delete the .txt extension)
5. You're done and I'm a noob to write this HOWTO...

You can still edit the file with the windows-notepad.

Kyle
June 15, 2004, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
Ok:
1. Enable the file extensions to be shown by clicking the last but one option in the Menu bar of your Windows folder view. In the drop down menu you choose the last option. In the second tab of the window you see now you can find something like 'Show extensions'. Enable it.

i get all of what u said except this! whats windows folder view?

Alamo
June 15, 2004, 11:14 pm
Ummm... Don't know the names of you Canadian Windows. I was talking about the window you get by opening a folder -.- :)
You don't need the first step if you already see the file extensions in your Windows.

Edit: meh, I'm waiting for teh answer :( Tell me if you made it, I will go and sleep now.

Melba
June 15, 2004, 11:29 pm
u can just right click and choose "open With"
btw alamo, how can u figure out the colours by yourself?
i use botmaker, but it would be fun to know how to do it nevertheless

EDIT: but u have already done that, just noticed:P, but i think that's what he meant...
EDIT once again:
|
|
|
V
oh of course Alamo! why haven't i thought of that?!
:rolls eyes: :P

Alamo
June 15, 2004, 11:37 pm
Melba I can figure them out, because they use Hex-Codes and Hex is kinda easy (at least the elemental colors). And I wrote a color-chooser with delphi myself that gives you Hex Codes for the chosen color :D

Kyle
June 15, 2004, 11:48 pm
i figured out what u meant in that first step and i think i got it....i couldve figured out the colour coding thing from msn lol i made it so i can cahnge the .txt ending or w/e
so i just change it to .bot?

Darac
June 15, 2004, 11:55 pm
if its hex colours then its real easy. basicly 0-f means brightness 0=black or nothing and f=white or lots. the first two numbers corispond to red. ie $ff0000 is bright red, $590000 is a darker red. the second two are green and the last two are blue. now just mix and match to get the hang of how much you should mix to get the colours you want. its a lot like painting... only you have green instead of yellow as a prime colour.

Kyle
June 16, 2004, 12:05 am
y green instead of yellow? that fricken retarded....lol

Darac
June 16, 2004, 8:32 am
bacause green is a primary colour of light......

Kyle
June 16, 2004, 12:45 pm
ok i made a bot (cheers)[:D] u can close/delete this thread now.....thanks everyone

Alamo
June 16, 2004, 2:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kyle Kyle's signature
Alamo is my idol! Thanks for the help in all my problems! You and some other ppl actually make me think Soldat might have a good community!

Hehe Thank you man! And I was so unfriendly :/

Melba
June 16, 2004, 2:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
quote:Originally posted by Kyle
Alamo is my idol! Thanks for the help in all my problems! You and some other ppl actually make me think Soldat might have a good community!

Hehe Thank you man! And I was so unfriendly :/

where the eff' did u get THAT from?

Kyle
June 16, 2004, 9:14 pm
its my signature....lol u have to go like show signatures or something...i like it off cuz some ppl have annoying ones lol

Darac
June 17, 2004, 2:02 am
i leave it on so i can quickly scrool down and use the signatures to see whos posted what.

Alamo
June 17, 2004, 2:23 pm
I handle it like Darac. I like to recognize ppl by looking at the sigs.