( search forums )
I will conceivably waypoint maps instead of M.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
BManx2000
June 15, 2004, 11:56 pm
Since M has stopped waypointing maps before he even did one, I will attempt to waypoint some instead. I need something to do during summer vacation, see. I have waypointed a map before (the one map I ever made :P), with jets. Anyways I'll start with the ones in his topic.

Darac
June 15, 2004, 11:59 pm
you'll need a bit more practice than one map... trust me its tricky sometimes. they dont always do what you want them to... >:| evil things.

BManx2000
June 16, 2004, 12:01 am
Well I learn fast you know. I spent a lot of time trying to make bots jet down from a ledge without falling onto helicopter blades for this one guy. But then he decided to not use that route >:( (how did I know you would be the first one to post here?)

Darac
June 16, 2004, 8:30 am
because im everywhere all the time. im watching you... muhuahahaha!

BManx2000
June 16, 2004, 5:02 pm
Oh, and one more thing: it would be nice if you could post an overview pic with some lines drawn on it to indicate the paths you want the bots to take. If you don't, I can't guarantee satisfaction (not that I do anyway :P)
Currently I am working on the crystal summit map.

Deleted User
June 16, 2004, 5:07 pm
Screenshot:
[IMAGE]

D/L:
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/Ville%20Mk.2/200463171915_Grasstower.zip

Might be quite tricky to waypoint for a beginning waypointer. :P

BManx2000
June 16, 2004, 7:44 pm
No challenge is too great for the waypointenator! Er, yeah. Just remember that I'll finish the one I'm doing now and then do the d-day map hitman posted in M's topic first.

Darac
June 17, 2004, 1:59 am
ummm.... that map is well.... not hard... but will take a hell of a lot of trail and error... plus you'll probably find that most of the bots will end up at the bottom of the map fighting each other because when one bot sees another it disregards all waypoint and just fights.

Hitman
June 17, 2004, 2:08 am
quote:and then do the d-day map hitman posted in M's topic first.Teh pwn.

BManx2000
June 17, 2004, 2:33 am
I'm done the crystal summit map! Man, all those little jaggy polies are hell, especially on the lower tunnel at the middle. Sometimes the bots suffer an attack of the stupids and start jetting up instead of to the right, which I do know know the cause of. But usually they make it across.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Ctf_CrystalSummit.zip58.3 KB

Now starting work on the D-Day map.

Darac
June 17, 2004, 10:24 am
if you want to becaome great at botting, you have to figure out why the bots arnt doing what you want. because it comes in handy later when you meet the same problem. instead of coming up with a way of avoiding it you can fix it right away. saves time in the long run.

BManx2000
June 17, 2004, 11:54 pm
The D-Day map is finished! However, there are a couple problems:
1. The polies on top of the blue base thing are... strange. Soldiers bounce around on them, sink in, and then spring out like grasshoppers. This is only a problem for parachuting bots, but it is still very strange.
2. on the underground entrance, I had to make the bots wait 5 seconds on the part right under the base because otherwise, they can become distracted and fall back down, and if they don't wait for their jet fuel to replenish then they become stuck. I don't know if this is a big problem so if you want me to change it just say so.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_Nor2.zip15.88 KB

peemonkey
June 18, 2004, 12:32 am
nice. when i offered to do this, i got about 9 people a day trying to get them. :( people should only ask for waypoints if they quality maps...:P

military guild's normandy map? i did that one too! have you seen the poly on the ledge to the underground tunnel? even a little expolsion will get you stuck in there :'(

peemonkey
June 18, 2004, 12:48 am
(dead link bman)

BManx2000
June 18, 2004, 1:40 am
Eh... I guess it didn't like those square brackets and pluses.

peemonkey
June 18, 2004, 1:58 am
it works now, but put the scenery in there too XD