( search forums )
Check out ctf_Anthill posted Below!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Leo Da Lunerfox
June 16, 2004, 7:34 pm
I've been working on this map for about a week now, and I just want to show you guys what i've done so far, any advice would be helpful, thanks! (Actually, I just want you to say how good this map looks :P) but still, and advice, good or bad, is still good. Keep in mind that this is only about 1/3 of the full map, i couldn't include the bases on there because this map is just that long :)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_anthill.jpg68.96 KB

Famine
June 16, 2004, 7:37 pm
Maps aren't movies....

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 16, 2004, 7:38 pm
heh, still, although it was inspired by a movie, I still tried to make it as fun as possible.

peemonkey
June 16, 2004, 9:00 pm
so who's scenery did you steal?

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 16, 2004, 10:24 pm
I did not steal, I asked permission for all of the scenaries i used above, I asked Tha Doggfather, Chakapoko maker, and LXS for the scenaries used on my map, if anyone else finds their scenaries used, feel free to PM me.

peemonkey
June 16, 2004, 11:29 pm
XD im kidding. most people dont care anyway. (the one from chernobyl on yer map looks way outta place, by the by)

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 16, 2004, 11:51 pm
really? maybe i should reconsider about that one... anymore ideas?

peemonkey
June 17, 2004, 12:47 am
show some closer shots of it so i can help ya XO

DrocK
June 17, 2004, 1:03 am
the map looks very nice.. i'll add it to my collection when its out [:P]

Darac
June 17, 2004, 1:55 am
i made an ant hill map once... i never released it cause it just wasnt good enough... something about the ant hill layout in general just didnt work that well. oh well good luck to you. and dont be one of these ppl that listens to all the bad comments from ppl on this forum and then decides that the map isnt worth finishing. you'll never know how it'll turn out untill its finished.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 17, 2004, 3:14 am
I'm not gonna reveal any close shots, i want this map to be a surprise with it actually comes out :) but i can disclose that the bunker on the top is a very vital point to the map, since it has 6 stat. guns, 2 artillary guns, 4 firing positions, and auto regen of hp inside the bunker. (Not to mention the height advantage) If used properly, that should be a pretty massive force to be reckoned with.

peemonkey
June 17, 2004, 5:10 am
i betcha i sould take it down with a law, 5 nades and some goo minigunning XD

Darac
June 17, 2004, 5:58 am
nothings invinsible... specally with soldat bots as the opposition. might be good online though.

Snipedmyself
June 17, 2004, 6:17 am
Nice map. looks clean, not like my crap map (s)

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 17, 2004, 8:57 am
all i can make my bots do is to capture the flag, not actually try to hold on to the bunker, I don't think their AI is good enough for stratgic commands :P

Darac
June 17, 2004, 10:21 am
in a few situations some maps create you can actully make bots do some amazing things in terms of stragy. you just have to tweek the commands you give them, A LOT! and think of the best places for them to stand considering that they just go nuts when they see someone from the other team.

poyi19920624
June 17, 2004, 1:11 pm
Holy cow. If it is so long. It sure well be fun. BTW, you must be very tired, because it must take you a long time to complie it!

Element_101
June 17, 2004, 1:19 pm
Cool! I love big maps even through guns like SPAS have massive disadvantage... there still awsome

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 17, 2004, 5:06 pm
yeah, when i click on compile, i can go eat, then take a shower, and read a book, and its still not done :(, since i have a slow comp (400 mhz is teh suxors)

Darac
June 17, 2004, 11:09 pm
haha... just think how long it would have taken in the old map editor... my god that thing was slow!

KnOt
June 17, 2004, 11:27 pm
Looking good.. get to work on it maggot!

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 18, 2004, 2:15 am
well, i have finished the map itself, all it needs are waypoints (I got red done), and calibrating the artillaries. I plan to use custom sceneries to tell you where to aim your cursor to have your artillary land on a certain spot, that way, the artillaries would actually be useful.

T-Money
June 18, 2004, 5:33 am
"i betcha i sould take it down with a law, 5 nades and some goo minigunning XD"

Hah I could take that thing with a law and two m79 shots lol.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 18, 2004, 7:36 am
"i betcha i sould take it down with a law, 5 nades and some goo minigunning XD"

"Hah I could take that thing with a law and two m79 shots lol."

lol, i could take it down by pushing CTRL + Right click in the map maker lol. hah, beat that :P

T-Money
June 19, 2004, 12:40 pm
Damn. You win.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 19, 2004, 5:55 pm
well, the map is finished, but then, with all the scenaries i used, the map totals up to 430kb, and the forums won't let me host it. Anyone generous enough to host this map for me?

G2KT
June 19, 2004, 6:52 pm
Just put it on SML lunerfox [:P]

Droopy
June 21, 2004, 4:46 pm
Yeah well be happy to host it for you!

Oh w8! I'm only a member!

Right...

FragMonkey
June 22, 2004, 4:39 am
hey man it looks great cant wait till it comes out. When u say artillery, do u men stationary guns??

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 23, 2004, 1:02 am
nope, real artillary guns that fire shells really far to bombard a certain spot on the map