( search forums )
Mobile Suit Gundam Mod (Svirin Kerath)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
G2KT
June 16, 2004, 10:32 pm
Fineally got his mod in my E-mail today 6/16/04.

****THIS ISNT MY MOD. ITS SVIRIN KERATHS... ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM****

Original Message by: Svirin Kerath
quote:*ahem*

i finally finished my (federation) Mobile Suit Gundam mod. remember, this is the origional Gundam, not Wing, Seed, G, X, or Turn A or anything. and it only uses MS and weapons up until the year U.C.0080. please enjoy this, i devoted many a sleepless night to this mod. i included a custom interface and level to go along with it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive never presented a mod before... especially someone elses. But i will try the best i can.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobie Suit Gundam Mod v.8

Story
Soldat-Mobile Suit Gundam Federation Version .8

Index

I Story
II Weapons
III Mobile Suit Specs

I Story:
Soldat MSG1 takes place around the Universal Century Years 0079-0080.
The Federation has been split between two parties: "true Feddies" and Zeon sympathizers.
Both have amassed weapons and mobile suits, and use them to fight one another for the
Federation's victory or Zeon's independance.They have access to both Federation weapons
and stolen (In the case of true Federation)/ bought (in the case of Zeon sympathizers)
Zeon weapons. The two clash repeatedly, weakening each other, while Zeon gets poised to
take advantage of the Federation's weakness and launch a full attack.

Coming soon: Soldat MSG Zeon

II Weapons:

Beam Spray Gun: The Federation's first beam weapon intended for full mass-production.
It is a horrible weapon, but cheap to make, and easily stored on a GM's hip armor. It
is one of the least taxing beam weapons, requiring relatively little generator power to
fire, it has 12 shots. Though weak, they can weaken an enemy or finish of a wounded one.

Dual Beam Spray Guns: Two Beam Spray Guns are used in tandem for a much more powerful
attack. Due to increased generator use,its charge for both is limited to little over half its charge
when using one.

90mm Machinegun Pistol: Standard issue GM machinegun, easily stored and carried,
and cheap to produce. Although it has fewer shots than its predecessor and rival, the
Zaku's 120mm Machinegun, and is less powerful, it does the job well considering its small
size and cheap price.

Repeating Beam Gun: A vast improvement over the Beam Spray Gun, the repeating Beam Gun
outperforms the Beam Spray Gun in generator power requirement, power per shot, and maximum
charge. It is the beam weapon of choice for most pilots.

Personal Shot Gun: A powerful weapon, the Personal Shot Gun is taken from the legendary
MS-18E Kampfer. Though the kampfer could use both at once, most GMs cannot stand the strain
and can use only one at a time. It is still effective, and many Zeon sympathizers have
developed a favoratism towards it.

Beam Rifle: One of the first beam rifles ever made, it is also one of the most powerful
for its time. Unfortunately, it has few shots because it was developed so early.

Unassembled 180mm Cannon: Hailing from the prototype ground type mobile suits, the 180mm
cannon is a powerful grenade launcher with a slow reload time. It's used most often for
artillery, but some pilots don't mind using it in closer combat.

Sniper Beam Rifle: A high powered beam rifle with excellent accuracy and targeting,
the Sniper Beam Rifle unfortunately has problems with heating. Because of that, it requires
a few seconds after each shot to cool, and emits steam upon reloding.

120mm Machinegun: One of the first mobile suit weapons ever to see combat, the 120mm
machinegun was used by the famous Zakus for the past year, and is still more powerful than
some new federation weapons. It has a large ammo drum with high ammo capacity, and is
moderately powerful, enough so that it is still in use today.

Gattling Gun: A powerful Zeon weapon first used as attatchments to the shields of MS-09
Goufs. It has a large ammo capacity, due to a large ammo drum.

Beam Saber: Standard backup weapon on all GMs, the beam saber is a powerful, reliable
close range weapon that has proven to provide for a multitude of uses.

Beam Saw: A new Federation weapon made with heavy close combat in mind. It is a mix between
a beam saber and a heat sword, a powerful weapon with double-sided beam emitters running up
in a line from the handle. It has seen little field testing and is still considered experimental.

Hyper Bazooka L: Light version of standard GM long range artillery. It has one shot per round,
but is lighter and smaller than a normal Hyper Bazooka. It comes through in desperate situations,
or as a briefly-used long range weapon.

III Mobile Suit Specs

RGM-79G GM Command

Unit type: mass production general purpose mobile suit
Manufacturer: Earth Federation Forces
Operator: Earth Federation Forces/Zeon Sympathizers
First deployment: UC 0079
Accomodation: Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 18.0 meters
Weight: empty 43.5 metric tons; max gross 56.4 matric tons
Construction: titanium/ceramic composite on semi-monocoque frame
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 1330 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 265000 kg, 2 x 7000 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 10
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.19 G; 180 degree turn time: 2.4 seconds; maximum ground running speed 125 km/h*
Equipment and design features: head-mounted sensors, range 6000 meters
Weapons: Various

*Performance may vary depending on model and/or environment

Mod Includes

New Animations
New Registered Custom Interface
New Gostek-gfx
New Unregistered Interface
4 Scenerys for the 1 map that comes with it
New Objects
New Sfx
New Weapons-gfx
New txt

Screenshots:
MSG Screenshot 1
MSG Screenshot 2
MSG Screenshot 3
MSG Screenshot 4
MSG Screenshot 5
MSG Screenshot 6
MSG Screenshot of soldier zoomed

Download
Federation Soldat MSG Mod 4.2 MB

Alamo
June 16, 2004, 11:03 pm
That looks awesome!!! d/l :D

peemonkey
June 16, 2004, 11:37 pm
it's alright i guess :/ . the weapon names are too long, and it's shotgun, not 'shot gun' interface is too...pastel for me :( it's ok i suppose.

Svirin Kerath
June 17, 2004, 1:01 am
^_^ it's my first mod ever! i payed as much attention to detail as possible... it's only version .8 'cause i'm gonna get shotgun and sniper rifle sound effects after someone i know rips them off a game, which he can't do atm... i also plan to add new bots, now that i have the editor, featuring ace (and not ace) federation pilots! ^_^

i'll hopefully get those up by summer, this was too much of a nightmare this way... ~.~;;

i'm working on Zeon now... it's even better, and i assure you i'll change the interface and stuff...

by the way, many many thanks to G2KT!! ^_^

G2KT
June 17, 2004, 2:13 am
Dont worry about it svirin... i just like helpin people [:D]

sativa
June 17, 2004, 10:10 am
i like the mod but remake the guns if u really knew gundam and stuff you would know they still use mostly guns with bullets not beaming rifles and stuff

N1nj@
June 17, 2004, 2:23 pm
gosteks were nice...but that's about it.

G2KT
June 17, 2004, 4:18 pm
I did find a big problem with this though svirin.... if people arent going to be able to play this online because of the custom animations. Or it didnt allow me to... so i replace the animations with original and i got another error.. but i was able to play it online though.

Svirin Kerath
June 18, 2004, 12:24 am
i dun play online, so i couldn't tell ya.

quote:Originally posted by sativa
i like the mod but remake the guns if u really knew gundam and stuff you would know they still use mostly guns with bullets not beaming rifles and stuff

erm... it's "beam rifles".

actually, this focuses on the federation, the pioneer of beam weaponry. they had much more than zeon, which (speaking in terms of mass-production) used purely ballistic weapons until the MS-14 Gelgoog went into production.

the Gelgoog's beam rifle didn't fit any soldat weapons, i felt, so i didn't use it. :/

the beam weapons, besides the all-too-common beam saber and the toally made up beam saw (for the game) are thus:

beam spray gun(s):
you have to be kidding. this was used more than it should have, totally mass-produced. it was crappy and cheap. far from rare. widely used by GMs.

beam gun:
same as before minus the crappy part

gundam beam rifle:
not common, but by 0080 it was not so great anymore. easy to obtain.

sniper beam rifle:
same as before, except more widely produced

my Zeon mod features almost purely ballistic weapons, minus the beam spray guns, which are the only things i think will fit. :/

it takes place during 0083, too, i might add, so it has many possible machineguns, mostly from the MP series (like the Zaku machinegun)

?
June 18, 2004, 12:32 am
if the mod changer worded for me I would dl..

Svirin Kerath
June 18, 2004, 2:52 pm
...huh?

Toumaz
June 18, 2004, 3:53 pm
Looks okey... I guess.
Gostek:s really nice.

damnnation
June 18, 2004, 3:55 pm
not a gundam-fan so not gonna d/l it

Svirin Kerath
June 19, 2004, 4:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnation
not a gundam-fan so not gonna d/l it

if you're not a gundam fan, why even /bother/ looking at this thread? o.-

cup_of_squirrels
June 19, 2004, 5:31 pm
omg lush mod :D

Svirin Kerath
June 19, 2004, 9:47 pm
ty!! if you like this one, wait till you play the Zeon mod i'm working on.... it's at least 3 times as good! ^_^

KnOt
June 20, 2004, 12:17 am
Yup, I love the gostek, but the rest.. bleh. I especially dont like how you changed the weapons menu background colour to something so.. well.. not transparent :|

Svirin Kerath
June 20, 2004, 4:40 am
yeah... i was trying to tie in with the custom interface i made for it.. which is really a huge improvement over the normal (changed)interface... if you can use it, do so. :/

Dathker
June 20, 2004, 6:00 am
the gfx are pretty cool. but it looks gay

Melba
June 20, 2004, 4:58 pm
mp5= Nerfed
Sounds= annoying
The fact that some weapon names does not fit the weapons menu= Stupid
AK-74= This mod actually makes me decent with this gun...

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 5:29 pm
... define 'nerfed'?
sounds... well, they're gundam. perhaps if you'd been a fan for a while, you'd appreciate them more.

Malevolent Matt
June 21, 2004, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Svirin Kerath
i dun play online, so i couldn't tell ya.

quote:Originally posted by sativa

erm... it's "beam rifles".

actually, this focuses on the federation, the pioneer of beam weaponry. they had much more than zeon, which (speaking in terms of mass-production) used purely ballistic weapons until the MS-14 Gelgoog went into production.

the Gelgoog's beam rifle didn't fit any soldat weapons, i felt, so i didn't use it. :/

the beam weapons, besides the all-too-common beam saber and the toally made up beam saw (for the game) are thus:

beam spray gun(s):
you have to be kidding. this was used more than it should have, totally mass-produced. it was crappy and cheap. far from rare. widely used by GMs.

beam gun:
same as before minus the crappy part

gundam beam rifle:
not common, but by 0080 it was not so great anymore. easy to obtain.

sniper beam rifle:
same as before, except more widely produced

my Zeon mod features almost purely ballistic weapons, minus the beam spray guns, which are the only things i think will fit. :/

it takes place during 0083, too, i might add, so it has many possible machineguns, mostly from the MP series (like the Zaku machinegun)

not to be mean/offensive to anybody or anything........ *coughs* NERD *cough* *cough*

Svirin Kerath
June 21, 2004, 8:17 pm
yes i am. ^_^

KiddOws
June 25, 2004, 3:20 pm
the mod doesnt look bad ... i was also working on some robot mod... not espesially gundams ... i quitted making those ww2 mdos :P bcuz allieds dont use the axis guns... .. so i was working on a mod with changed gosteks .. im still working on it.. im also changin sounds
But the mod gostek looks awesome and i should change the menu a bit im getting blinded!

Svirin Kerath
June 28, 2004, 5:20 am
yeah.... like i said, it's only .8 the interface is supposed to match the custom interface. it seems none of you are registered! :/

numgun
October 22, 2005, 3:04 pm
umm... sry for reviving this thread, but the linkies dont work and I REEEEEAAlly want this mod coz i <3 gundams and mobilesuits.
pls either PM me or revive/make new links. thx : D

.alex.oner.
October 22, 2005, 6:00 pm
you bumped a thread more then a year old..

you sir, should be shot

numgun
October 22, 2005, 6:52 pm
NOOOO
pleeease! dont shoot me! *sniff*
any1 can revive the links btw?

Oscar Ng
May 26, 2006, 1:32 pm
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

EmperorofChoas
May 26, 2006, 8:11 pm
Why on this Noobish world have you revived this old ass topic?

MOFO NOFO
May 27, 2006, 7:11 am
Holy Bumpamoley! This post is older then i've been here.

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 11:24 pm
wow some of you guys need to talk differently or get a life....but yea the links doesn't work.

Guardian
June 8, 2006, 11:04 am
This old link neeeds to be revived for the link is broken and still peeps want to download it but have no way to download it.One of the peeps is me!!!