( search forums )
Three Ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Marine
June 17, 2004, 3:03 am
Silencer
Perhaps a silenced weapon would be nice. Maybe a silenced AK-47 or a silenced handgun of some sort. That would be nice when sneaking around, trying not to divert attention to yourself.

Stationary Machine Gun (or cannon)
The stationary gun we have is an automatic heavy gun. I think, we should have a light stationary gun, and its like a mounted, stationaey Steyr AUG.

Or, it could be a cannon, like a stationary LAW or grenade launcher perhaps.

Laser Guide
Maybe there could be a gun with a laser pointing straight out of it, like an aimer. It could be a real dark red beam which helps you aim. It could only be on one gun, and it could be a sort of light barret maybe.

N1nj@
June 17, 2004, 3:22 am
see, you keep posting stupid ideas, like the laser guide.

quote:Sniper Line -
Draws a line between the player and the cursor which helps aiming on far distances.

Open Soldat, go to Options and look for [ ] Sniper Line

check that and go play a game of soldat and come back and tell me what you see

kevith
June 17, 2004, 3:26 am
As far as the Laser Guide goes... go to your options tab and check that little box next to "Sniper Line." Voila. Now if you want to be able to see the sniper lines of other players you just need to mod it.

edit: refresh then post [:-banghead]

Marine
June 17, 2004, 3:30 am
I checked it, it didn't work like this idea would. It was a dim line, hardly visible at the last half inch or so of my line of fire.

Do you have any other input on my other ideas?

kevith
June 17, 2004, 3:37 am
Well you can mod the sniper line so that it looks different. As far as your other ideas go... I actually really like the silencer idea but how would it fit in? Would it be a bonus or something? I also kind of like the idea for a different SG for variety, but I'm pretty indifferent about it.

Marine
June 17, 2004, 3:43 am
Maybe the silencer could be a gun you choose, like, theres a silenced gun on the menu (maybe an AK47 would work) or it could be an item to pick up, like a the bulletproof vest is.

peemonkey
June 17, 2004, 5:14 am
what's the point of a silencer? so they dont hear your pathetic attempts to kill them? you dun need one if yer out and about KILLING THINGS.
sniper line: same length, but 2 pixels wide. make it all red. there you go, better?
the stat gun is already automatic.

Snipedmyself
June 17, 2004, 5:34 am
another "____" Marine topic
wtf...Y so many camping ideas. u dont wanna take people on is what im getting.

Edit- You are awesome. -Hitman

DeMonIc
June 17, 2004, 9:37 am
So I have say that
1,We already have an auto stat gun.Mabbe canon, but it would be abused.
2,Silencer?Useless.
3,Sniper line: They've said it before me.
Oh and if u get some critics for ure ideas, don't start tellin that we're stupid, n ure ideas are good.

societies_punishment
June 17, 2004, 9:42 am
ya man, you need to think bigger, outside the box if you will. those arn't that good ..... don't tell me you put them up because you had nothing better to post

kevith
June 17, 2004, 4:03 pm
Well, I like the silencer idea. I think it would make an interesting powerup that you have until you die or maybe until you reload again. However, maybe I only like it because I generally don't listen to music while playing and I pay pretty close attention to the sounds of gunfire around me to locate enemies. If somebody could use a silencer it would give them an advantage against me at least.

N1nj@
June 17, 2004, 4:36 pm
why would that be? you can see the bullets coming at you anyway, no matter you have sound open or not. so having a silencer will not have an effect on you, unless you are an odd person [:P]

Alamo
June 17, 2004, 4:46 pm
Let us see:
IMHO ideas 1-3 are dumb.

Marine
June 17, 2004, 6:01 pm
The silencer would be useless if you or your enemy had the sound off, but it would spicen up the game a bit for people with sound.

quote:
why would that be? you can see the bullets coming at you anyway, no matter you have sound open or not. so having a silencer will not have an effect on you, unless you are an odd person

Do you mean old person? [:P]

N1nj@
June 17, 2004, 6:08 pm
quote:The silencer would be useless if you or your enemy had the sound off, but it would spicen up the game a bit for people with sound.

I dont see how that it would "spicen" up the game by having a silencer sound. and no, I don't mean an old person.

BManx2000
June 17, 2004, 6:24 pm
There's already a silencer, it's called predator mode. And you get this cool invisibility that comes with it.

Marine
June 17, 2004, 6:52 pm
quote:I dont see how that it would "spicen" up the game by having a silencer sound.

The silencer wouldn't have a sound. Thats why is silent ._.

It would spicen up the game, because you wouldn't be able to hear what killed you (and if your not paying attention, see it).

DeMonIc
June 17, 2004, 6:58 pm
I hope u are in full knowledge of the dead-can-spy feature?Where u can scroll through players n watch what killed u?That's how i find campers [:P]

palloco
June 17, 2004, 6:59 pm
Who cares, I do not even use sound

N1nj@
June 17, 2004, 7:02 pm
Marine: you telling me when hundreds of bullets coming toward you with no sound, you won't see it? are you blind?

if you really like to have silent, then shut your speaker off and enjoy your "spiced" up game.

Alamo
June 17, 2004, 7:11 pm
Use a mod with a silenced gun. You will see that it makes no change for you if you hear the gun or not -.-

societies_punishment
June 17, 2004, 8:46 pm
I'm very, very sorry but the silencer idea ... won't happen. There are like tons of other things we NEED first in soldat before you can have something that has no other purpose then "looking cool" or "Spiceing the game up"

Sorry to disagree, and I know it sounds like I have a tone but I mean no offense but I will say this ... end it already it's not gonna happen.

societies_punishment
June 17, 2004, 8:47 pm
I'm very, very sorry but the silencer idea ... won't happen. There are like tons of other things we NEED first in soldat before you can have something that has no other purpose then "looking cool" or "Spiceing the game up"

Sorry to disagree, and I know it sounds like I have a tone but I mean no offense but I will say this ... end it already it's not gonna happen.

Marine
June 18, 2004, 5:50 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
Marine: you telling me when hundreds of bullets coming toward you with no sound, you won't see it? are you blind?

if you really like to have silent, then shut your speaker off and enjoy your "spiced" up game.

Hundreds of bullets? Now this is an exageration, my friend.

I often identify someone is after me by the sounds of GUNSHOTS. If you see a bullet heading towards you, its usually to late to avoid it. If you hear it, you can insticntively duck.

When I'm running to the enemies base, theres usally a large, unoccupied "no mans land" in between the two bases. Usually, you don't have to keep your guard up here as much as you do on the frontlines. I think a silenced weapon has a better chance of hitting someone than an unsilenced weapon.

Regarding the current sniper line: that thing sucks [:-censored]. It only shows a small line right around the mouses position. A laser guide would stretch the full length, from the barrel of your gun to the mouses position.

Blue Devil
June 18, 2004, 10:19 am
societies_punshment, what dose soldat NEED?

b00stA
June 18, 2004, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marine
Regarding the current sniper line: that thing sucks [:-censored]. It only shows a small line right around the mouses position. A laser guide would stretch the full length, from the barrel of your gun to the mouses position.

Someone already replied to this (in this topic), but I'll just tell you again: You can edit it.
However it will still fade away when your mouse is too close to your Soldiers body, but that's not really problem.. or do you need a sniperline for a 80 pixel distance?

societies_punishment
June 18, 2004, 1:01 pm
I could think of many things soldat needs but I'll metion the most important one ... again.

We need to have code put into the game that allows you to download maps that you don't have from the host server that is running an unknown map.... I know I sound like a broken record but you opened pandoras box with your semi insolent question.

Toumaz
June 18, 2004, 3:09 pm
Agreed.

Shyo
June 18, 2004, 3:19 pm
The "download map thingie" wont be implemented because of ...
Lag.
well, most custom maps are just 100 kb big! 1 sec lag! =O! and there arent THAT much servers with custom maps

N1nj@
June 18, 2004, 4:53 pm
screw that [:-censored], let's get back to the topic. anyway let me continue.

quote:Hundreds of bullets? Now this is an exageration, my friend.

I often identify someone is after me by the sounds of GUNSHOTS. If you see a bullet heading towards you, its usually to late to avoid it. If you hear it, you can insticntively duck.

When I'm running to the enemies base, theres usally a large, unoccupied "no mans land" in between the two bases. Usually, you don't have to keep your guard up here as much as you do on the frontlines. I think a silenced weapon has a better chance of hitting someone than an unsilenced weapon.

First of all, don't call me your friend. Second of all, i am exaggerating to prove my point, not to try to make humour. and third of all, if you let your guard down in the "no-man's land", you are a noob. I never let my guard down in anywhere, you spot and kill, pay attention to game and you win. Let your guard down, i mean, com'on.

You know if somebody is chasing you by gunshots? if you hear gunshots, that means bullets ARE SHOOTING OUT OF THE GUN. meaning you WILL SEE the bullet coming AT YOU. And it is not too late to dodge, it is NEVER too late to dodge, just depends on what you do. You can bunch of things to avoid bullets that is coming to you. You could take another route, hide in a bush, hide behind a sandbox/box or fly straight up and down and do silly things that the attacker won't be able to predict.

And ya, b00stA showed you about the sniper line thing. And I love his last comment.

quote:...but that's not really problem.. or do you need a sniperline for a 80 pixel distance?

HAHA, that's GREAT. goob job on that one

Marine
June 18, 2004, 9:40 pm
quote:or do you need a sniperline for a 80 pixel distance?

You'd be surprised at what noobs like me need [^]

Now, N1nj@ my friend, just for kicks, lets take a little section out of the manual and paste it here:

From the weapons section in the Soldat Manual:
quote:
Rambo Bow
 The famous Bow of John Rambo available in Rambomatch mode. Great for stealth operations. Silent, fast as lightning and lethal. You can change to exploding arrows with the change weapon key .

How peculiar....why would the game creator (Michael is it?) have to put "silent" in the weapons description?

If you've EVER played a RamboMatch, I'm sure you've noticed the rambo is absolutely silent. In addition to having no bullet trail, the arrows are very hard to see in a jungle enviroment containing trees, logs, sandbags, those walls, dirt, ect.

I'm sure you've noticed that Rambo has a distinct advantage by having a silent weapon.

quote:third of all, if you let your guard down in the "no-man's land", you are a noob. I never let my guard down in anywhere, you spot and kill, pay attention to game and you win. Let your guard down, i mean, com'on.

Ah, putting words in my mouth again, my friend.

First of all, DUH I'm a noob, I've been playing for around two weeks.
Now lets take a look at what I REALLY said:

quote:When I'm running to the enemies base, theres usally a large, unoccupied "no mans land" in between the two bases. Usually, you don't have to keep your guard up here as much as you do on the frontlines.

Now is there anything there saying that I let me guard down in no mans land?

If I'm walking in a totally deserted (from what I can see) patch of land to a battlefield two screens away, do I have to keep my guard up as much as I do when surrrounded by two Vets with Barrets?

Same in real life. If I'm sitting in front of Coalition headuqarters in Badghdad surrounded by 100 Army Rangers and dozens of armored vehicles, do I have to keep my guard up as much as walking through a ghetto in Fallujah?

It may be a little bit of an extreme example, but its true. In a non-combat enviroment, you generally don't have to be as alert as possible.

Not saying you should walk around half asleep, you do need to keep your guard up, just not as much.

P.S. I'm not trying to force my idea through; I'm defending it. This is DEFINITELY not the first thing that needs to be coded into this game (unfortunantely, some of you are taking it that way). There are plenty of other things that are needed in this game much more than this.

societies_punishment
June 19, 2004, 4:49 am
All I was saying is maybe we should get the map code in first instead of sperately trying to get are own ideas in, he can't put millions of ideas into the next version. Little ideas like this are at the back of the line and micheal will only do what he can. So stop screaming at people that disagree with you.

Ninja don't argue with a Noob, he will only bring you down to his level and then beat you with experiece.

ZKC Jack
June 19, 2004, 5:07 am
Why fight him? its his opinion/suggestion, and if he thinks its right then thats fine. He didnt mean any harm.

societies_punishment
June 19, 2004, 5:50 am
You prove a good point but he is getting lippy, sometimes you gotta know when to slap a b!tch up.

Jap_man
June 19, 2004, 7:15 am
Marine just face it your idea of a silenced weapon is crap.
[quote]Originally posted by Marine

So are you telling me that you jump around like a 5 year old with ADD when you hear a gun shot?
Also your idea of lasersight is another crap idea.
Why bother adding something more "snazzy" into soldat when it's unnecessary.
Though i'm undecided on your idea of another stationary weapon.
A stationary weapon that fires nades would be sweet. Though it'd easily be overused by some.

Marine
June 19, 2004, 7:24 am
quote:Marine just face it your idea of a silenced weapon is crap.

Wrong.

quote:So are you telling me that you jump around like a 5 year old with ADD when you hear a gun shot?

I have no [:-censored]ing god damn clue what you are talking about here.

What the [:-censored] are you talking about anyway?

I guess we can say N1nj@ is beat, since he flames me in other posts but doesn't reply here.

GG all.

Jap_man
June 19, 2004, 7:58 am
What i'm saying Marine is that when you hear a single gun shot, even though it's not aimed at you you jump, dodge etc. like crazy.

DeMonIc
June 19, 2004, 9:31 am
Rambo is meant to be silent dude.But if u would see the arrows, then it would be useless.Try putting a silencer an on AK74, n see if it works.
NO.
So get off this silencer idea, it won't work, cause dodging evenly depends on sound an sight, if u won't hear the bullets u would still see them.Thus, u can dodge them.

b00stA
June 19, 2004, 10:00 am
I guess we can say N1nj@ is beat, since he flames me in other posts but doesn't reply here.

Just because he's tired of your posts in here?

I have a little quote for you (not concerning Ninja, this is for you):
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

A silencer? I don't like it, but maybe Michal thinks different, who knows..

Another Stationary Gun? We already have enough whining about the SG. It's just pointless.

Marine, if I don't reply then your posts are either obviously false or I simply don't care, because it's not going to be implemented anyway.

N1nj@
June 19, 2004, 5:00 pm

Just because he's tired of your posts in here?

I am not tired of his posts [:P], I love this! lol

Anyway, I DID play rambomatch once in a while, and I notice that there IS a sound when the arrows are shoot out and also there IS bullet trail, if you look carefully using your EYES and listen to your speakers (if you have any) closely with your EARS, then you might able to see them and hear them. If you don't believe me, go check your sfx folder inside the Soldat directory and look for "bow-fire.sfx", wonder what that does? lol, not so silent now, is it?

I do agree the arrows are hard to see in rambomatch, but that is not its distinct advantage. The rambo bow advantage is the ability to kill a person with one shot (like the barret), and its unlimted ammo and fast reload/shooting rate. Also, it has the ability to switch from normal arrows to exploding arrows which made this weapon very lethal and distinct. It is not because it is 'silent'. *sigh*

Wow, you admitted you are a noob, you don't see much new players saying that out loud in public, I give you props for that.

For the guard down or whatever thing, i probably read it wrong, since you posted too many bullsh!t threads, probably got mixed up and read something wrong. my bad

quote:P.S. I'm not trying to force my idea through; I'm defending it. This is DEFINITELY not the first thing that needs to be coded into this game (unfortunantely, some of you are taking it that way). There are plenty of other things that are needed in this game much more than this.

lol, obviously this is not the first thing that needs to be implement in soldat, this idea is crap. Most likely is not going to be implemented just like the other ideas/suggestions you posted around the forum.

Last thing, i hope you take b00stA advice seriously, cause it might do you some good.

quote:"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

(nice quote btw)

Marine
June 19, 2004, 5:27 pm
quote:
Wow, you admitted you are a noob, you don't see much new players saying that out loud in public, I give you props for that.

Um...duh I'm a noob. I've been playing for two weeks and I will probably stay a noob for a long time, judging by the amount of time I play this game.

Is there something wrong with being new to the game? You were new too once. Its people like you N1nj@ who give newer players a bad name.
quote:
For the guard down or whatever thing, i probably read it wrong, since you posted too many bullsh!t threads, probably got mixed up and read something wrong. my bad

Wow, you admitted you were wrong, you don't see much Vets doing that out loud in public, I give you props for that.

Maybe my idea is [:-censored], mostly because you can actually see the bullets, which to me is complete BS, but hey, thats what makes Soldat Soldat.

If you couldn't see the bullets, then this idea wouldn be [:-censored], but since this isn't CS, I guess not.

N1nj@
June 19, 2004, 6:03 pm
hold up hold up, i never called myself a vet first of all. second of all, if seeing the bullets is complete BS to you, then don't play Soldat, go play fuking CS.

And you contradict yourself, you said if you couldn't see the bullets, then this idea wouldn't be sh!t. that means if you could see the bullets (like how it is in Soldat), this idea IS SH!T

THEN WHY THE FUK YOU MAKE A THREAD ABOUT A SH!T IDEA

Marine
June 19, 2004, 8:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
hold up hold up, i never called myself a vet first of all.

Well I did.

quote: second of all, if seeing the bullets is complete BS to you, then don't play Soldat, go play fuking CS.

No

quote:
And you contradict yourself, you said if you couldn't see the bullets, then this idea wouldn't be sh!t. that means if you could see the bullets (like how it is in Soldat), this idea IS SH!T

THEN WHY THE FUK YOU MAKE A THREAD ABOUT A SH!T IDEA

If you couldn't see the bullets, the idea wouldn't be [:-censored] to you (unless you are a COMPLETE [:-censored]tard)

N1nj@
June 19, 2004, 9:20 pm
exactly you retard, the reality is that in Soldat, you CAN see the bullets, so the idea IS SH!T

Get that in your head.

and what happen to your "defending", nothing to say against my agruements about the rambo?

Marine
June 20, 2004, 6:47 am
What argument?

societies_punishment
June 20, 2004, 8:05 am
Give it up Marine, adding a silencer will not make you any better a player. Like you said, it would only "spice up the game" that's it and it's suggestions like this micheal will just ignore.

There's no point in argueing over it for 3 pages or more. Over something so stupit, you just make yourself look as annoying as your avatar.

Afkamm
June 25, 2004, 2:25 pm
A silencer would be a good idea, but only on a MP5 and only because an MP5 looks so much cooler with one fitted (aesthetics related). The gun wouldn't make a loud noise when fired (naturally of course), but if it was added (not that it ever will, unless in a MOD) it should be without tracers making it extremely difficult to adjust your aim as you wont see where your bullets are going. <evil grinning smiley goes here>