( search forums )
3 or 4 team CTF and better power up
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Gaah
June 17, 2004, 10:26 am
Simple suggestion, would require work though: 3 or 4 team CTF (would depend on map, would need people to make 3/4 team map). As your flag would be missing most of the time, if you capture and score with someones flag when you have your flag, you get 2 team(50 individual)points, or if your flag is captured, 1 team (25 individual) points.

Also, power up the power ups eg Beserker, you should take less damage, coz, duh :), you're beserk, you should be nearly unstoppable. Also, flame god should recieve little or no damage, because you ARE a god, if only for 20 odd seconds. Perhaps napalm nades for flame god as well?

These don't have to be put into the game, just give your opinion, oh and sorry if these have been suggested before but the search function was out of action when I tried

DeMonIc
June 17, 2004, 10:33 am
Yup, I was toying with the mass ctf idea 2, but it's hard to imagine.. maybe I'll draw it or somethin :D
Leave Berserker alone, it is sole ruler of the powerups.
Flame god.. er.. u are already invulnerable, xcept in teamamtch.

Gaah
June 17, 2004, 10:37 am
no, demonic, do some research (joke, but you're wrong this time) you can die whilst in flame god. Beserker is awesome, but it'd be nice to take less damage so you can take on a barret or 2 :)

wert21
June 18, 2004, 11:15 am
Bah, it's like playing soccer or basket with 3 or 4 teams...

Firestorm
July 11, 2004, 1:55 am
if it was with 4 teams I think u would need soldat to be 3d u can't really do it as it only has a 2d format but I guess u could do it on platforms or something? 2 teams on the top 2 on the bottom, but that would suck :P wait for soldat to turn into a tottally 3d game be4 we can do that aka never or in a very long time heh

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 11, 2004, 7:34 am
it could work, no one would be at a disadvantage, because if you are on the bottom, then you'll have a hard time going up, but easy time going down once you captured the flag, and vice versa. the left and right would be balenced too.

BeTeL
July 11, 2004, 8:25 am
gaah... i agree with demonic... u only die as flamegod in TDM, INF and CTF

brickman
August 27, 2004, 4:34 am
This is a nice idea, I thought of it too, here's how I think it should go:
Each team has a point. A successful capture and deposit with your own flag intact grants 1 point, but to mix things up you get 4 if two different flags are scored within a 10 second period. (thats double). A player can hold two flags at once, and you get points for killing anyone.

Deleted User
August 28, 2004, 4:20 am
I actually think one of the game-type numbers is 4-team CTF, but as far as I know the map format doesn't support it, but I don't know much about the map format so you can correct me if I'm wrong.