( search forums )
"Mutant" mode for Soldat!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
June 18, 2004, 12:17 am
There should be a new mode in soldat called "mutant"(from unreal tournament). Foer those unfamiliar with UT, It would basically work like rambo match except for the following:

A mutant is chosen randomly at the beginning of a match. The mutant gets double points for kills and has unlimited jet fuel. His health goes down at a steady rate the second he is hit for the first time. If someone kills him, that person becomes mutant, with his health refilled and steady. If the mutant dies from the steady health loss, the last person to damage him becomes mutant.

There is also a person called "bottom-feeder". He is person who is ranked last in the game standings. The bottom feeder is not there at the beginning of the game. Once there is ONE person who is dead last, he will become the bottom-feeder. The bottom-feeder also gets double-points for kills and has infinite ammo, although his weapon is limited only to the ruger77. Once someone else becomes dead last, he will become bottom feeder once the current bottom feeder DIES, and not until then.

Finally, the person with the most points at the end of the match wins, or whoever gets to a certain point limit first. Post your opinions. And I¡¯ll apologize beforehand in case some one has mentioned this before.

peemonkey
June 18, 2004, 12:47 am
someone else take this one...im busy XD

N1nj@
June 18, 2004, 1:31 am
im just tired.

kevith
June 18, 2004, 1:44 am
Sounds interesting, but as a cautionary note, you probably don't want to preface a proposed game improvement or suggestion by stating that the idea is "from Unreal Tournament" or CS or anything else if you want most of the people here to even consider it. We are a fickle bunch and very protective of our beloved Soldat. [;)]

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 18, 2004, 2:24 am
yes...yes.....purge thy evils from thy forums, and take off thee repetitive ideas before thee enter, or i shall summon thee guards

Se7enWolf
June 18, 2004, 2:26 am
thou shalt not rip ideas from other games... keep ideas original...

Blue Devil
June 18, 2004, 8:56 am
I dident understand from the "bottom-feeder" part, so the idea, basicly, sucks.

DeMonIc
June 18, 2004, 9:48 am
Would be INTERESTING, but
1, UT rip off
2, Ruger.. do u play realistic?
So alter this idea with ure own imagination, so it will not be an UT rip off anymore.

Irving
June 18, 2004, 4:37 pm
Sounds kinda like a way to balance the game... Whoever is leading has their character degrade (according to how much they are in the lead) and the person with the worst score get's more and more powerful. So if you're REALLY bad, you'll end up with this super cool guy who can fly accross the screen and kill people with one shot, but you suck so much you still can't kill anyone! :)

And on the other hand, if you're really good you'll end up with a big fat guy who can't run and only has a pea shooter for defense.

bucky_brad
June 18, 2004, 5:35 pm
no cause then everyone would want to be the last guy irving, but this mode is only a small change on RM and so i dont think we need it.

Dathker
June 18, 2004, 5:48 pm
hey i got an idea that is dirived from this! its like a mode where you can become the other team for a period of time and you can blend in and then the other team can't kill you unless FF is on. but you can cap the flag still :)

June 18, 2004, 6:08 pm
What is it with people and suggesting ideas from other games? Is it really that hard to be original?

papasurf31
June 18, 2004, 9:25 pm
sorry, i'll try and come up with a more ORIGINAL idea, didn't know you guys were so offended. but, if anyone wants to change this idea or modify it, i'll keep the board up for now.

BTW - for an original idea, how bout a game mode king of the hill. There is a large hill with many differnt ways of going up it, and at the top is a fort where all the powerups, health, turrets are etc. Only one person can occupy that little area. Now one also can get into it but all bullets and nades can pass through. Then, the person who kills the king becomes king and everyone has to start back at the bottom of the hill again. Kills as the king equal 1 point and killing the king nets 2 points. Sorry if this idea is original but i checked a few topics and no one else seemed to mention this.

Alamo
June 18, 2004, 9:28 pm
no thank you.

n00bface
June 18, 2004, 10:10 pm
who cares if it's a UT rip off? It's a shooting game OMFG I BET MICHAL PLAYED WOLFENSTEIN AND DECIDED TO MAKE WEAPONS

Kazuki
June 19, 2004, 1:42 am
There was a suggestion like this for a "Berserker Game Mode" where the person chosen randomly would have Berserker Mode until he is killed, and the person who kills him gets the status. This one is more well-thought-out.

Marine
June 19, 2004, 1:55 am
At the homepage for Soldat (www.soldat.pl/main.php)

quote: Soldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike and gives you fast action gameplay with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other on 2D battle arenas using a deadly military arsenal. This is what multiplayer was invented for.

In other words: I ripped off the best parts of Liero, Worms, Quake and CS.

So who cares if we take ideas from other games?

zephyr
June 19, 2004, 5:15 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
sorry, i'll try and come up with a more ORIGINAL idea, didn't know you guys were so offended.

Dont be sorry, these guys do that to every single idea.

papasurf31
June 19, 2004, 8:11 pm
Well, it's good to see SOME pople appreciate my creative genius, thnx Zephyr. Anyhow, as a modification to my KotH mode, I realized that a hill might be slightly too easy to defend. So, instead of a hill, there should be a little space in the middle of an X shaped map, like this.

SP---SP
|.\.../.|
|...H..'|
|./...\.|
SP---SP

Marine
June 19, 2004, 8:33 pm
Its okay, Commanders like to pick on noobs [B)]

papasurf31
June 20, 2004, 2:34 am
I'm a n00b on the boards, but i'm not a total retard like some other n00bs. I don't go around spamming or posting topics about whether water is going to be implemented or if someone could make some vehicles etc. topics that have been repeated millions of times. i use the search function and i think most of my topics are either original or at least good ideas which i've actually taken time to think out. So all n00bs out there who are reading this, take a stand! and show those colonels and weed and fangus deef and meandor and all those others out there: we are n00bs, and we are stil HERE!!!!!!!!!!! (Wachowski brothers please don't sue)

Marine
June 20, 2004, 6:51 am
No thanks...you are a noob, I are a noob, we are noob. So are noob. So get over it.

Meandor
June 22, 2004, 3:01 pm
uh, i just lock stuff that's been repeated or threads about making soldat a rpg, i don't flame noobs.
Marine - wrong. And now quit the bs or you get a warning.

papasurf31
June 22, 2004, 4:48 pm
Whats wrong with a soldat rpg!? It could be single player game mode for those who want it, or at least a mod. It sounds fine to me, so what exactly is the problem?

Malevolent Matt
June 22, 2004, 7:31 pm
i................................be...........................consufed............ *crawls into fetal position and rocks stedily*

papasurf31
June 22, 2004, 9:29 pm
ooooo...poor baby...lets kill it!!!>:}

Marine
June 22, 2004, 9:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meandor
uh, i just lock stuff that's been repeated or threads about making soldat a rpg, i don't flame noobs.
Marine - wrong. And now quit the bs or you get a warning.

Whats wrong? That I'm a noob?

N1nj@
June 22, 2004, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by zephyr
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
sorry, i'll try and come up with a more ORIGINAL idea, didn't know you guys were so offended.

Dont be sorry, these guys do that to every single idea.

guess what, you are, look around this forum and see if every single idea/topic are rejected

DT
June 23, 2004, 2:01 am
damn marine.. you talk to much...

Mutant mode... lol thats kinda cool

papasurf31
June 24, 2004, 12:31 am
Nice sig DT, and Mutant mode would be cool, just wish these other people could appreciate the genius that is me...(sigh) If only the world could see...damn you yahoo personals!!!