( search forums )
Ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeMonIc
June 18, 2004, 3:34 pm
First of all, I know these have been suggested, that's why I kind of altered them, and tried 2 make them.. well, better.

Soldier reaction system
Ok, now this is about colliding.I know, 2D game, BUT in my opinion it would look like this:
-You would collide with any soldier that u hit.If u roll, he falls over u.If he is jumping whilst u roll, u will both fall.If u run into each other, u will collide, both falling back.U can also leap on ure foes, knocking them down.

Nades and knifes
Ok, so this is about the following:
-with nades, law rockets, and M79 bullets, if u hit them with anything, they should explode.If ure lucky, u can disarm them.But it's hard 2 hit these, so it won't be easy.
-if u hit a flying knife, it should change it's course, or fall down.
-U should be able to set the nade's fuse lenght with mouse scroll or with keys 1-5.

What are ure opinions?Critisize!

N1nj@
June 18, 2004, 4:41 pm
I like the nades and kinfes idea, although what are the chances of a m79 bullet hit a law rockets, but ya it would be nice to see an explosion in air when those two collides.

I dont know how the flying knife coding is going to work out, it will be hard to determine which knife fall down or what course it takes, unless you randomize it. but ya...

nade's fuse is a great idea, not sure to set it to the mouse scroll tho, caues that's my weapon change [:P], but with keys #1-5 are good.

DeMonIc
June 18, 2004, 4:55 pm
Erm.. i meant if u hit the rocket with AK it would explode even then..

Se7enWolf
June 18, 2004, 5:17 pm
2 nades or an M79 bullet and a nade collide in mid-air, I've seen it, it's cool :)

N1nj@
June 18, 2004, 5:19 pm
oh, that's lame now...lol, if it just m79 and law and nades either of those two collides it explode, then is good!

but even ak and etc....no then...lol. it will just lots of explosion happening in the air...FPS goes DOWN

Duke33
June 18, 2004, 10:38 pm
hmm...i dont know about colliding and all that stuff. But nade fuse times would be cool.

Marine
June 18, 2004, 10:47 pm
quote:-You would collide with any soldier that u hit.If u roll, he falls over u.If he is jumping whilst u roll, u will both fall.If u run into each other, u will collide, both falling back.U can also leap on ure foes, knocking them down.

Decent idea, but thats one god damn lot of coding time! Would make fist fights more interesting though, lol.

quote:-with nades, law rockets, and M79 bullets, if u hit them with anything, they should explode.If ure lucky, u can disarm them.But it's hard 2 hit these, so it won't be easy.

To much coding time for a highly unlikely event.
And in real life, you can't even see bullets, so you wouldn't know if you knocked it off course.

I mean, this would rarely happen even in real life anyway.

quote:

A possibility, but that is a very severe disadvantage to knife throwers.

quote:-U should be able to set the nade's fuse lenght with mouse scroll or with keys 1-5

Soldiers can't do this in real life, so why should they be able to do it here?

But on a more positive note, I'd love watching noobs with this [:P]

To sum it up: Nice ideas Demon, but the coding time probably wouldn't be worth it.

Shyo
June 18, 2004, 11:53 pm
Can soldiers fly with jetpacks on their feet? No.
Ya, Nades and Law rockets and M79 nades should all explode from each other

N1nj@
June 19, 2004, 12:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Marine
quote:-You would collide with any soldier that u hit.If u roll, he falls over u.If he is jumping whilst u roll, u will both fall.If u run into each other, u will collide, both falling back.U can also leap on ure foes, knocking them down.

Decent idea, but thats one god damn lot of coding time! Would make fist fights more interesting though, lol.

quote:-with nades, law rockets, and M79 bullets, if u hit them with anything, they should explode.If ure lucky, u can disarm them.But it's hard 2 hit these, so it won't be easy.

To much coding time for a highly unlikely event.
And in real life, you can't even see bullets, so you wouldn't know if you knocked it off course.

I mean, this would rarely happen even in real life anyway.

quote:

A possibility, but that is a very severe disadvantage to knife throwers.

quote:-U should be able to set the nade's fuse lenght with mouse scroll or with keys 1-5

Soldiers can't do this in real life, so why should they be able to do it here?

But on a more positive note, I'd love watching noobs with this [:P]

To sum it up: Nice ideas Demon, but the coding time probably wouldn't be worth it.

your talk is trash, obviously soldiers can't do that in real life, is a game ffs. Real people dont just pick up guns and shoot anyone they see anywhere, you do that?

Alamo
June 19, 2004, 12:58 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
First of all, I know these have been suggested, that's why I kind of altered them, and tried 2 make them.. well, better.

Soldier reaction system
Ok, now this is about colliding.I know, 2D game, BUT in my opinion it would look like this:
-You would collide with any soldier that u hit.If u roll, he falls over u.If he is jumping whilst u roll, u will both fall.If u run into each other, u will collide, both falling back.U can also leap on ure foes, knocking them down.

Nades and knifes
Ok, so this is about the following:
-with nades, law rockets, and M79 bullets, if u hit them with anything, they should explode.If ure lucky, u can disarm them.But it's hard 2 hit these, so it won't be easy.
-U should be able to set the nade's fuse lenght with mouse scroll or with keys 1-5.

What are ure opinions?Critisize!

Ok, my opinion to your suggestions:
I don't think a collision system would work well. Imagine playing on a stuffed server (20 guys) maybe Arena or Arena 2 you wouldn't even be able to move...
Hitting a LAW rocket with another rocket or a M79 grenade is nearly impossible in game, so I don't think any time should be wasted on programming that. Same with knives.
The timer of the Grenade would be interesting, but I don't think anyone would care about the fuse lenght in action and under heavy fire.

peemonkey
June 19, 2004, 1:02 am
ive done it a couple times....
the collision thing would be kinda fun to see, but only with all weapons disabled. then they'ed be hella nice tricks!!
knives should stay how they are, other wised i'd own hella good with an AK

m79/m72/nade colisions: happens on the ground, dont much like it. but other might...

Marine
June 19, 2004, 1:45 am
quote:Real people dont just pick up guns and shoot anyone they see anywhere, you do that?

Try visiting Compton or Oakland.

Try giving a good reply to the coding time replies.

I'm flattered that you seem to follow me around and seek out my posts to verbally assault me. You can start the Marine Fan Club if you like.

DeMonIc
June 19, 2004, 9:23 am
N1nj@ sticks around these parts, so u 2 meeting each other is kinda unevitable if u are here...
Ok, maybe I didn't write it understandable...
I mean't if u hit a rocket, nade, or m79 bullet with ANYTHING then it explodes.

bucky_brad
June 20, 2004, 11:43 am
The grenade idea is the only one I like, but normally when I throw a nade I need it to be thrown now not after it takes me the extra half a second to press which ever extra button.

If you figure out a way to fix that should be very useful.

DeMonIc
June 20, 2004, 12:09 pm
By the fuse setting, I mean this:
U can press 1/2/3/4/5, and ure grenades will explode in the number of seconds u pressed.This is permanent, but u can change it anytime.So u don't have 2 press it with every nade, u once set it to like 2, n ur next nade will xplode in 2 secs.Then u wish 2 change it 2 somethin else, u press 1, etc...