( search forums )
Need a small team for a graphical mod.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
DrownedInCrimsonDelight
June 18, 2004, 4:56 pm
Ok lemme introduce myself first.
I've been playing soldat for about 3 years now and was the third person in the world to make a graphical mod for soldat. I'm not trying to be arrogant I just want ppl who join me to know about me.
Some mods I made, which USED to be posted on the British Soldat Site, (made by TAZ, but later told me he would quit the website):

the old old old website can be found here:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/unseenclan/download_view.php?category-2

chronological order

CS-Mod (bad. very bad.) 7/10
Vietnam War (with a nice comment on the minigun) 9/10 rating
StickDeath (I know ppl say i didn't make it, they say Unbekannt did. However, I would like you to know that I made the models, Unbekannt from selfkill.de took the models, made interfaces, ex. weapon menus and released it as his own. I contacted selfkill.de but no reply came back.)
It got a 10/10 rating, but was never recognized. :(
Desert-Siege 9/10 rating, new skins, weapons, maps etc.
Splinter Cell mod - Full Black stuff, laser sight on guns. 9.5/10
S.W.A.T. - it had a whole mappack (all maps from original CS, scaled perfectly), very detailed features like chewing marijuana instead of tobacco, etc., scaled guns, modified bullets. Spent 2 months on this, but 2 weeks later the 'new' soldat was released and the file managing went completely berserk [especially the map files extensions])
...so was never recognized either.

Maps:

Glacier (the bug still exists! This map was just plain old ice slanted upwards a loooooooooong way. If you probe and jetpack on it, you go about 8 X faster. Me and my friends used to prone, chainsaw each other on the knees going 100mph ;D)

Other Bugs I reported:

the flame thrower bug: only in 1.0.5

right before you get flame god bonus, switch your weapons. During the precious 10 seconds, you have your normal gun on. AFTER the bonus is over, you get a flame thrower with infinite ammo (although you can die by being shot).

Minigun:
not really a bug, but i was the one who figured out that you shoot minigun and fly backwards, you can go about 5 X faster.
VERY BAD FOR CTF games.

My former ids:

trained@bootcamp.com <--- used as the author for all the mods
type me up in google.
:.:Null:.:Faction:.:
Ghost
Desperado-x
Neme$i$ Kobra (former website was www.koolklubklan.tk, now gone)

now -

DrownedInCrimsonDelight

Former clans:

D11 - d11clan.net (was [D11] Desperado-x)
:top: - had fight with the leader. We had different time zones and couldn't decide.
oXyGen - Polish. Well I used to live there.
3K - kool klub klan. Not racist, just an inside joke school clan.

Help:

I would like a person with LOTS of experience on bot waypoints.
I would like to do the skin modding myself, guns, etc.
I would like a person with good experience on interface.
I will 'kind of' edit the intro movie and add a tidbit on the license agreement so they know soldat is the game, and our mod is the mod.
I would like to do the bot naming/behaviour myself.
I would like to share my jobs with any map editor guy.
I would like to know if anyone can change animations? Very desparate.
I would like to do the sound stuff. (ex. sound fire in the hole when player throws grenade)

I would like about 5 testers to test the mod when it will be done.

Modding will begin 6/22/04

e-mail me: desperadojimmy_outkast@hotmail.com
MSN: same.

Svirin Kerath
June 20, 2004, 5:43 am
i've done some animation editing and would be happy to do that for you. i've done normal animation for a few years, and used the soldat animation editor recently to change the knife and a few gun animations (check the mobile suit gundam mod page and d/l it, just replace the mod/animation for the knife). it's just the same for normal animation (pretty much). in fact it's easier cause you just move it and don't have to re-draw it every frickin' time.

there's my resume. i'll also be happy to test it.
e-mail: duo_great_destroyer08th@hotmail.com
once it gets into July, i'll be able to fully devote my time to it and will be easily contacted at any time. i'm kinda restricted now, tho.

here are some anims i did. i regret that i don't have the good one on this site (it's too big!)and it's really the best example of my skills, but i'll show you in july if you want. :/

http://www.msnusers.com/gundamwingbattlearena/documents/bquadriflereviseb.AVI

http://www.msnusers.com/gundamwingbattlearena/documents/beamrifle-shotelshoot3.AVI

if those don't work... well, i'll show you come july :/

Alamo
June 20, 2004, 2:35 pm
OT: i want that Splinter Cell mod! :)

Meandor
June 20, 2004, 8:19 pm
Hey nice to see you're still around. I hope you remember me :P
added you to msn anyway

FragMonkey
June 22, 2004, 2:24 am
Hey i would like to be a mod tester cause I like to try new stuff and I do have some experience on map editing so maybe I could be able to do something with that but I would also like to test!! E-Mail m for info

papasurf31
June 30, 2004, 12:40 am
Hey, I have some relative skill in interface making so maybe i ould do something for you. My stuff below.

Halo mod interface:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Halointerface.JPG15.91 KB

UT mod interface:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] UTinterface.JPG17.03 KB

So, can I help or what?

BTW - what is the mod about? Star wars? A video game? Real life? what?

Deleted User
July 16, 2004, 12:02 am
i great with bot way points[:D]Most ppl turn them down because of the hasle and ther a pain in the ars if u mess up. but i enjoy it.

id be glad to help ya out with Waypoints.
My E-mail is hero_172000@yahoo.com
and my instant messanger is challenger_172005

wormdundee
July 17, 2004, 3:11 am
holy crappers, desperado from D11!

i dont know if you would remember me, i was in D11 for soldat and liero somewhere around a year ago

just thought i should mention that

anyways, hope this mod turns out good, i just like looking at mods even though i dont play soldat anymore :P

papasurf31
August 5, 2004, 1:19 am
This guy ain't comin bak is he?