( search forums )
Pretty Soldat visuals
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Irving
June 18, 2004, 5:51 pm
I think one of the coolest things I've ever seen was when I shot a guy in a parachute with a rifle. One of his legs fell off, then his bloody corpse continued to gracefully float to the ground.

Also, once I had a knife out and another guy ran by with a knife, then my knife flew out of my hand! I wasn't dead yet, but I was left with no weapon (maybe he cut my hand off?) Is this common? Does anyone know if this is what really happened, or might I be mistaken?

So, I guess now it's "Happy Fun Tell Us Your Favorite Part Of Soldat's Gore Time". WOOOO TOPIC STARTER.

June 18, 2004, 6:06 pm
If you attack someone at a very close range, you will punch them and sometimes knock their weapon out of their hands. And in case you didn't know, you can throw your knife with the "drop weapon" key to inflict some heavy damage. It's far more effective than stabbing, that's for sure...
EDIT
Soldat Moments...?

b00stA
June 18, 2004, 6:13 pm
(moved to Soldat Moments)

Dead bodies gliding down on parachutes.. looks funny especially with the rag doll effect :)

DeMonIc
June 18, 2004, 6:53 pm
Oh yes, the paradropping corpse is the best [:D]
My fav trick is 2 run around with knife, and when I get a lot of bullets n become very wounded, I try 2 imitate the ragdoll, n prone down... they think I'm dead, especially in grass... they run past me, n wham!A knife lands in there back...

palloco
June 18, 2004, 7:15 pm
I love this chainsawing, at the exact time to be made.
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
June 18, 2004, 7:45 pm
Wow, that chainsawing rocked! Especially since you cut off his head!

Nice one!

And parachuting corpses are nothing...

... you should see the angels. [:D]

BManx2000
June 18, 2004, 8:45 pm
It's wierd when someone blows your head off when you're parachuting and your head goes flying up really fast o.0

Marine
June 18, 2004, 10:57 pm
Lol, have you ever gotten shot in the neck with a Barret from a quarter of the screen away?

My head went flying so fast everything was a blue blurr (no joke)

One time I killed someone with like 1% health with my Steyr. I then emptied the rest of the clip into him and naded him a couple of times. He just kept fallin apart.

Have you ever killed someone and the corpse keeps flopping and spazzing around for a while? I did it once, and i think it mighta been cuz of lag

ZKC Jack
June 19, 2004, 4:09 am
i always get last minute chainsaws. espicially with zombies. in arena, a zombie was jumping up with its chainsaw pointed up, me crouched with my chainsaw down falling, and my on the last second when it freezes, i was below the zombie and the it was still looking up but with its head off.

FragMonkey
June 19, 2004, 4:41 am
Ok chainsaws are cool but i love emtying a M79 into some1 parachuting down like on storm. The gorry bloddy effects rule. I once had 1 second eft and i fired my M79 at a parachuter and thegame stopped at the por suckers guts flying everywhere!!1

P.S. how do u take screenshots??

b00stA
June 19, 2004, 10:18 am
quote:Originally posted by FragMonkey
P.S. how do u take screenshots??

Soldat manual:
[code][F1] - players list with scores
[F2] - player status
[F3] - statistics (FPS, ping, network bandwith)
[F4] - take screenshot (saves it to Soldat\Screens)
[F5] - stops/plays music
[F6] - next music track
[F8] - record demo
[F9] - minimize the game
[F10] - pause game
[ALT] - + a,b,c... or 1,2,3...0 keys - chat taunts or commands
[ESC] - stops the game and shows the game menu[/code]
The screenshots are saved as Bitmaps, so you will have to convert them to GIF/JPG/PNG if you want to upload them to the forums.

FragMonkey
June 20, 2004, 3:40 am
sweet thnx

Svirin Kerath
June 20, 2004, 5:30 am
i think it's hilarious seeing my /own/ body blown up in several different directions. say, i get hit by a flying grenade, LAW missile, or m79 grenade that come out of nowhere, and i just explode and fly everywhere... i just start busting out laughing!

am i a massochist? o.o;;

AL3X1C0N
June 23, 2004, 8:19 pm
I dont know for sure if this is still exists but....
in 1.05b if u shot a guys head after he was dead for a long time it would
take longer for him to respawn :D:D:D ;)

Korinth
June 25, 2004, 3:15 pm
In inf fortress i aways law the people jumping up 2 get the flag......it leaves such a mess lol

Afkamm
June 25, 2004, 9:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by AL3X1C0N
I dont know for sure if this is still exists but....
in 1.05b if u shot a guys head after he was dead for a long time it would
take longer for him to respawn :D:D:D ;)

I've noticed when messing about offline that sometimes my respawn times vary from a couple of seconds to 10 seconds. Maybe there's truth to what you're saying. :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 26, 2004, 12:15 am
it depends on what game type you are playing, if you are playing Deathmatch, Pointmatch, TDM, and Rambomatch, then your respawn times are set to a certain number. If you play CTF or INF, then you might get differnet respawn times, because the respawn timer goes at a cycle.