( search forums )
Mic Chat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
enjoyincubus
June 18, 2004, 6:00 pm
Yes, I did see the topic below entitled "Radio", but he did not explain it very well...therefore, let me try.

Sometimes I get the urge to talk to my teammates while playing using my microphone. I think the microphone should be able to be used in the next version so we can talk to our team in CTF/INF and to everyone in DM/TDM/RM/PM.

"But what about mic spammers?!", I hear you say. Well, when you press the Esc key, there will be another option below "Exit Game" that says "Player List". It will open a list of all the players in the game, and you can choose which ones to hear and which to mute. Then you can mute their in-game voice and never worry about it.

This would not make you "lag" that much. I play Soldat and use ventrilo sometimes, and my ping is not any higher. Just some simple voice movement. Nothing major.

Se7enWolf
June 18, 2004, 6:10 pm
A very good idea

N1nj@
June 18, 2004, 7:15 pm
it will be such a hassle to press esc and all that. Why don't michal just do what counter-strike does (sorry to bring that up, but I think they have a very convinent way for voice communications)

Anyway, why not we do how counter-strike has for voice comm, you open the player scores (clicking F1), and there will be a small section called "Voice", and under there, it will show who has a mic or not. For the peepz who have mic, there will be a little voice icon besides [IMAGE]

and if that person gets annoying, you can just mute them, which will also ignore any text messages coming from that person. and the small voice icon will turn to this:

[IMAGE]

also in game, the person who is talking should have a voice icon over its head like this:

[IMAGE]

and I think there should be two separate key, one for team talking and the other one for public. I prefers the key to be 'k' and 'l'...but doesn't matter if Michal wants to change them

DeMonIc
June 18, 2004, 7:19 pm
This is a very good idea.But I think the keys will be changeable so that's not a problem.
I support.

N1nj@
June 18, 2004, 7:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
This is a very good idea.But I think the keys will be changeable so that's not a problem.
I support.

which idea you supporting...mine or enjoy's? cause we both have a quite different appoarch...

DeMonIc
June 18, 2004, 7:34 pm
N1nj@ ure version is more simple, that's for sure.Incubus kinda explained the thought, n u came up of a easier way 2 do it.So it's not THAT different.
I support teh easier part.

enjoyincubus
June 18, 2004, 7:34 pm
Lol, I did have the CS mic chat in mind when I posted this, but you must use 1.5 or something because with Steam, you press Esc and then Player List and it lists everyone there and you can choose who to listen to and who to not listen to.

But yeah, any way this can get done would be awesome.

N1nj@
June 18, 2004, 7:58 pm
i found cs 1.5 way more easier, few less clicks *counting*

Duke33
June 18, 2004, 10:12 pm
This is would be cool. I like it.

Jap_man
June 19, 2004, 7:24 am
I'm in full suport of this idea enjoyincubbus.

FliesLikeABrick
June 19, 2004, 7:50 pm
make it simple: use TeamSpeak, just let it run int he background

Dathker
June 19, 2004, 8:48 pm
eh but then you have to connect to ts before you start playing, what hassle [note: a lazy ass alert]

spyd3r: what version of cs do you have?

N1nj@
June 19, 2004, 9:21 pm
Dathker: 1.5 and 1.6

TIR_Blade
June 20, 2004, 3:59 am
love this idea, altho u'd all laugh at me talking. Well, i talk to myself during clan wars, makes me feel special :(

Neways, it's good, but, couldn't u make chat at all times? not just when u press a key?

n00bface
June 20, 2004, 4:10 am
not everybody playing can use teamspeak..i love verbally abusing strangers over the internet, but i've only seen a stranger using a microphone once..

LazehBoi
June 20, 2004, 5:07 pm
Ooooooh, I wish this would happen, all i want is voice chat, who wants to mute some one when you can tell them to shut the **** up?

N1nj@
June 20, 2004, 7:33 pm
hmm, saying shut the fuk up is not going to stop any lamers, if they want to annoy you, you getting mad and saying shut the fuk up means their successful at annoying you. Best to just mute/ignore them

Weed
June 21, 2004, 4:58 am
you see? if you get teamspeak, or another of those programs, you dont have to ignore people, coz they just wont be in your list.

next thing you know, you are gonna turn soldat into a turn based game.
yeah, why not, everytime someone joins the server you have to look for him on the list and ignore/unignore him... sounds like you got a lot of free time in-match.
hey? why not play with web cams on? sometimes i have this giant urge to see the guy im blowing to pieces on cammera.

Snipedmyself
June 21, 2004, 7:21 am
the guy in the big cs pic, the one to the right of the sight is dancing! and maybe some servers could just not have voice chat. and when some one is talking to much u could have quick commands like hold ctrl+i and click the talking person to ignore. and the reason for so much things being able to happen in cs is cos its not fast based

N1nj@
June 21, 2004, 12:55 pm
lol. not everyone has mics...well I don't, having the ability to voice chat with your team, allows further development of tatics/stradegies.

and the web cam idea ain't that bad either [:P]

?
June 21, 2004, 2:53 pm
Yeah lets have this... :D

Subslider
June 21, 2004, 5:54 pm
hahah the cam idea is kinda funny.. but im really more behind the mic idea just because it just adds a whole new lvl of team spirit to soldat.. and for which idea im for really doesnt matter as long as i have an speak and a mute button..=)

N1nj@
June 21, 2004, 6:46 pm
the cam was a joke, god, some people are slow [:P]

Subslider
June 21, 2004, 8:53 pm
lol no [:-censored]..

i knew it was an just a joke but then again it would be kinda kewl to see it in soldat.. i mean wouldnt it be orginal?.. not that i have seen it in another game or sumthin.. but lets stick to mioc first..;)

Weed
June 21, 2004, 11:17 pm
thats called an original sarcastic joke.

DragonSlayer989
June 25, 2004, 8:44 am
or heres another idea, it might be easier to make a text-to-voice thing where you type and the game trys to speak it like in ventrilo ( and there could be support for some words that it couldnt say like 1337 or pwn3d) and anyone who doesnt like the voice there could be different voices that people could make (kinda like the translations) and for people who just dont like it all they can have the option to turn it off, just an idea :P

Niff
June 28, 2004, 5:13 am

Good idea.