( search forums )
NOT A BARRET THRED(barretT thread)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
peemonkey
June 19, 2004, 4:47 am
how come all over the place i see it written as 'Barrett", but in soldat it's 'barret'? michal, did you make an errar? or is everybody else (even the official site) wrong?[:-tophat]
[:-headphones]The devil went down to georgia, he was lookin for a soul to steal, he was in a bind cause he was way behind he was lookin to make a deal...

Marine
June 19, 2004, 7:14 am
I write it Barret....

Snipedmyself
June 19, 2004, 8:26 am
barret

thats me. cool.

Milkman Dan
June 19, 2004, 8:53 am
pretty sure its barret

DeMonIc
June 19, 2004, 9:12 am
Barret... that's how I write it.
In Barretthread it's 2 T cause of b-a-r-r-e-t<->t-h-r-e-a-d

blan
June 19, 2004, 11:09 am
Its not how you write it, its how its supposed to be written. After looking it up I found out peemonkey is right. http://www.barrettrifles.com/

^It can not be more obvious.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 19, 2004, 11:56 am
I have seen it written "berreta" a couple of times to.

palloco
June 19, 2004, 12:18 pm
but beretta is more likely a desert eagle.

Deleted User
June 19, 2004, 12:21 pm
No beretta is a beretta. Desert eagle is all different gun.

Droopy
June 19, 2004, 1:27 pm
It is pronounced barrett. I have a croatian weapons magazine and once there was a barrett article(3 pages long) about the maker of this gun. They introduced many guns including barrett...

And I'm afraid that Mich made a mistake there... This is a serious mistake! Michal should realy fix this. I mean if some guy who's in the barrett manufacturing sees this.. There's no telling what could happen! And what will happen when he sees ppl running around with the barrett and fireing while running!!!

Soldat could be dooomed!

BTW: LOL! There ARE barretard chicks!

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] heh.jpg40.81 KB

Meandor
June 19, 2004, 2:16 pm
sniper gun ^^

n00bface
June 19, 2004, 3:58 pm
the extra T is for "Overpowered"

*cough*

BManx2000
June 19, 2004, 4:35 pm
mmmkay

Marine
June 19, 2004, 5:37 pm
The Barrett looks scary [B)]

Alamo
June 19, 2004, 5:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
BTW: LOL! There ARE barretard chicks!

you must be misunderstanding something. that ain't no chick.

Dathker
June 19, 2004, 8:36 pm
a beretta is a pistol smart ones.
and i know that a barrette it those things that girls put in their hair :) tehehehehe

?
June 19, 2004, 11:44 pm
quote:The devil went down to georgia, he was lookin for a soul to steal, he was in a bind cause he was way behind he was lookin to make a deal...
Ever seen a mexican man in a blue Yukon speed past you blaring that song... I have, its not pretty...

Dathker
June 20, 2004, 5:55 am
what song... an i see gay fagg0ts - mexi's all the time with their gay yukons and annoying voices (note just some annoying mexi in my school i dunno bout you guys but he is VERY ANNOYING!)

Element_101
June 20, 2004, 9:55 am
Droopy, buddy I seriously dont think anyone really cares if its called a barret or a barrett...

peemonkey
June 20, 2004, 3:34 pm
i was just pointing out the mistake, not asking how other people spelled it. it's a barrett, and if michal wants soldat to be all good and whatnot, why not fix a rather obvious errar??
what people got against mexicans? in california, ya cant really be racist, cause you'd have no time for anything else. chill on it fuggers

KnOt
June 20, 2004, 4:28 pm
Yeah well, I say Bawett..

AerialAssault
June 20, 2004, 7:25 pm
mexicans are cool. even if their poor they work really hard and keep there small old house clean. dont make fun of mexicans

June 20, 2004, 7:45 pm
You say potato, I say po-tah-to. What's that about barrets?

?
June 20, 2004, 8:50 pm
How did yall get racism out of my post?

Niff
June 21, 2004, 5:24 am
Barretts are hardcore in real life.

In Soldat, they suck baaaaaad.

Sir Galahad
June 21, 2004, 4:31 pm
This changes the word barret to barrett in, i think, the whole game.

First one in Soldat\TxT\Languages
Second one in Soldat\TxT

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] english.txt14.11 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] weaponnames.txt661 Bytes

And mexicans have cool pants

peemonkey
June 21, 2004, 7:38 pm
well let michal do that. and im totally not giving a fug how different people pronounce it. this isnt even about pronunciation, it's aboot spellin'.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 21, 2004, 8:05 pm
Also the M79 LAW in weaponnames-default.txt

peemonkey
June 21, 2004, 10:59 pm
never noticed that. meh. it's not like it's really used ever. but the barrett issue is pretty much everywhere. now people are gonna say 'barrettard' XD

diregone
June 22, 2004, 12:00 am
barrettard only suppose to be used on noobs who only use it because they suck with every other weapon

AerialAssault
June 22, 2004, 1:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Sticky
You say potato, I say po-tah-to. What's that about barrets?
whoever the [:-censored] says po-tah-to needs to be hit hard in the face

aprilninety
June 22, 2004, 3:22 am
maybe michal changed the name from "barrett" to "barret" on purpose, so he wouldn't get sued for patent infringement?[:D]

peemonkey
June 22, 2004, 4:16 am
i've seen plenty of games use barrett. it's not like he cant write it, that'd be extremely stupid...
diregone: go fug yosef. dont need your oppinion, it's not one of those threads

diregone
June 22, 2004, 5:55 am
then why you even here? ang what dose fug mean at least make up a better abbreviation then fug.
and the thread basicly no barret even if it more concentrated on barrett
and please god learn how to spell before we use abbreviations "opinon"
and "your" not some made up slang that im sure you didnt even spell right

peemonkey
June 22, 2004, 6:17 am
what do all the canadians have against me? what's it matter how i write? i sa fug in real life, along with yosef. like for instance: Gofug Yosef is a name i give on occasion. this isnt on the topic of barret, so change yer panties get over it. it's about an error michals seems to have made. im only calling attention to that, not discussing if it's cheap or not, because i really dont give a [:-censored].

Joost
June 22, 2004, 8:35 am
Barrett barret battreataraet beretta [:-censored]ing 9 volt battery, I don't care :P

Element_101
June 22, 2004, 12:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
what do all the canadians have against me? what's it matter how i write? i sa fug in real life, along with yosef. like for instance: Gofug Yosef is a name i give on occasion. this isnt on the topic of barret, so change yer panties get over it. it's about an error michals seems to have made. im only calling attention to that, not discussing if it's cheap or not, because i really dont give a [:-censored].

You say fug, If I ever find you im going to seriously break your face! [:(!] wtf FUG!

diregone
June 22, 2004, 5:52 pm
fug lol what a word guess I wrote to many big words for him to read o well I tryed mabey I should just use small words he is capable to read....o wait darn well the point is
barrett dosent make much difference so you should care as much and im sure very soon he will explain why, also he wouldn't get sued becasue they wouldn't really win becasue the chances of then winning on such a small case agaisnt such a small game will be very low also for the fact the case would have not point because he is not making money off the word so there would be absloutely no point in them sueing
but they could if the want to

peemonkey
June 22, 2004, 6:19 pm
diregone, wtf are you talking about? just because i dun talk normal dun me im an idiot. let it rest

diregone
June 22, 2004, 6:26 pm
you can talk normal you just havent learned english and just because you cant TALK normal dont mean you cant write normal
and see I confused you with my big words again?
dam I have got to try harder to dumb down

BlackSpear
June 22, 2004, 9:54 pm
all this from 1 typo?
rofl

peemonkey
June 22, 2004, 11:42 pm
yer just pullin stuff out yer ass trying to make me look dumb eh? good fer ya XD[:-toast]
let's lock this thread

KnOt
June 23, 2004, 11:47 am
*locks the thread*

b00stA
June 23, 2004, 1:43 pm
weee.. one topic (somehow) related to Barret(t) less.

Locked.