( search forums )
Transforming ruger into rambo bow
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
T-Money
June 19, 2004, 8:11 am
Aight, last week my friend was at my house and he asked me if you could get the Rambo Bow without being in Rambo mode. So, I went to work making a the Ruger be the Rambo. So far I changed the sfx and the graphic, but I have some problems.

1/ I made bow in paint program and pasted it into the ruger .bmp file, and it looked okay in the game. Then I duplicated it for the ruger77-2 .bmp and played it in the game. It looks fine, except when the the soldat turns to face left, the bow is still pointing the other way. So, I flipped the ruger77-2 file along the vertical axis, but it still don't look right.

2/ I know this is a long shot, but I want to make the Ruger as deadly as the Rambo bow ie kill with one shot even in nonrealistic mode.Anyone know how to edit a weapon to be more powerful/longer range whatever?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Deleted User
June 19, 2004, 10:56 am
This can't be done. The way the graphics work, the bow will just not fit right. I've tried it before.

And no, you can't set the power of the ruger...yet. Wait for the weapons editor.

T-Money
June 19, 2004, 11:18 am
Yeah, I just found out that the bow is always way off from the soldat's hands. Ddamn. That woulda looked awesome if I had the Rambo Bow. too bad.

G2KT
June 19, 2004, 7:18 pm
Im still a bit confused about this weapon editor. So is like every server going to have weapons that do diff damage or what.?

Deleted User
June 20, 2004, 2:43 pm
Yes. Servers will have customised weapons.

peemonkey
June 20, 2004, 3:55 pm
and what about interface-gfx, sfx, weapons-gfx and txt? how will those suckas be iumplemented??
what im gonna do is get the bow and flamer as normal guns, nerf the bow, and de-nerf the flamer XD

juhdi91
August 8, 2004, 10:59 pm
i tried to make bomerang oncr it didnt work[:(]

Le Ti Jian
August 9, 2004, 3:03 am
That's because the weapon editor isn't released yet... jeez... the closest you'd be able to get is turning the throwing knife into one, but then it'd be more like a stick...

Until the weapon editor is done, no "cool" custom weapons. Just changed versions of the current ones.