( search forums )
New member, new map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
GaDZooK
June 19, 2004, 3:20 pm
Hiya!
Thought I wanted to share a map with you. First map I ever made :D
I haven't made it a real "nice-to-look-at" map, but I thought I wanted to go for the gameplay. Maybe it's slightly too small?. I dunno if anyone made this kinda map before, I suppose so, but I wanted to make a fast DM map. Excellent for camping snipernoobs :D!!
Anyway, heres an overlook

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Battle stations.JPG54.96 KB

And the map itself:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Battle stations.zip13.66 KB

And this map has waypoints, too!

grand_diablo
June 19, 2004, 4:07 pm
Looks quite interesting and not too bad for a first map release [;)]

[wannabe mod]
pls use the edit function instead of double posting
[/wannabe mod]

Deleted User
June 19, 2004, 5:26 pm
Looks good. But whats up with all that empty space around the screenshot?

G2KT
June 19, 2004, 7:06 pm
Yeah not to bad... Ill go ahead and download it and give it a go.

June 19, 2004, 7:09 pm
It reminds me of that map in the DNAgames pack that i can't recall the name of... With the two buildings... Not too shabby.

Haro1121
June 19, 2004, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sticky
It reminds me of that map in the DNAgames pack that i can't recall the name of... With the two buildings... Not too shabby.

Showdown???????? well anyways good map by the way.

Darac
June 20, 2004, 2:45 am
pritty good. you can take it one step further next time and try and get some better shading going in the polies... and promise me you wont just stick around on these types of maps. look around at some you find interesting and fun, and figure out how its made and try and use that knoledge in your next map. also try botting every map you make... even if they aren't that great. its the only way you'll get better. and its the best way to find bugs in your map as well cause you'll have 10 guys running round 'looking' for bouncy and sticky polies not just one.