( search forums )
Spawn Question
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
G2KT
June 19, 2004, 7:15 pm
Lets say i was going to edit the player spawns or something on a regualr map like ctf_Kampf.."Not saying i am". But if i were to just edit the player spawns and not any polygons of the map and save over the current file. Would people be able to play in my server or would the game reconize it as a changed map?

Dathker
June 19, 2004, 8:57 pm
yeah it would. cuz if there is the slightest difference then it will give you wrong map verrsion

and what would happen if you put a spawn inside a poly??

Alamo
June 19, 2004, 9:31 pm
Some time ago (must be a looong time) I heard of some guy you was banned from a league because of playing with a white background. So is this a recent change to the map-change recognition or is this still possible?

Darac
June 20, 2004, 2:54 am
i can understand why changing the back ground wouldnt matter. but if you change the spawn points then that means you get players in different places on different peoples computers. this would mean the game is out of synk and would crash/disconnect, but thats only if it did let you play.

Dathker
June 20, 2004, 6:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
Some time ago (must be a looong time) I heard of some guy you was banned from a league because of playing with a white background. So is this a recent change to the map-change recognition or is this still possible?

whats wrong with havinng a white back ground. and what happenned did the soldat not reconize it?

G2KT
June 20, 2004, 6:26 am
ah... i see. I didnt know if the spawns would be the same if you connected to a server but different if you were hosting your own server.